Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cardiff Away

Seen threads on all upcoming away games but this, new ground so must be a fair few heading over..?

Yesterday should have changed or decided a few people's decisions on going (plus Cardiff are stumbling), we'll be staying overnight and making the most of it. I only went to Ninian Park on the coach so am looking forward to an evening out in what sounds a really fun city.

Any particular pub or club suggestions then go for it, I just plan to get a Wok to Walk in.

Comments

• RedPanda said:

Seen threads on all upcoming away games but this, new ground so must be a fair few heading over..?

Yesterday should have changed or decided a few people's decisions on going (plus Cardiff are stumbling), we'll be staying overnight and making the most of it. I only went to Ninian Park on the coach so am looking forward to an evening out in what sounds a really fun city.

Any particular pub or club suggestions then go for it, I just plan to get a Wok to Walk in.

Things have changed a lot from the old days of course.
    However it will still be advisable to 'handle with care' as the welsh are not a lover of us, does not really matter who you support, we're english!
  • Tricky one midweek, can't really justify the day off.
  • Me and Nathan are going and coming back on the weds
  • Can't go but really feel we will win this one.
  • Sir Don will be driving us to this one , bless his cotton socks !
  • the Lass's cousin is a Cardiff supporter and has an executive box to which we are invited. We've never been in an ex box before and have no idea if we are allowed to shout/sing/swear etc. - ???
  • the Lass's cousin is a Cardiff supporter and has an executive box to which we are invited. We've never been in an ex box before and have no idea if we are allowed to shout/sing/swear etc. - ???

Only in Welsh please
  • Getting down there at 3:45
  • I've just realised that I've arranged a client meeting in Cardiff on the 17th and am staying there overnight. Imagine my surprise when I noticed we were playing there on the same night!
  • I've just realised that I've arranged a client meeting in Cardiff on the 17th and am staying there overnight. Imagine my surprise when I noticed we were playing there on the same night!

I arranged a meeting in Liverpool with a pool car, when we played up there in the league cup...

Will be at the Cardiff game, driving back from a short break in Cornwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Cardiff fans are a far more sedate breed nowadays, particularly since the move to the new stadium.
    Cardiff city centre is a bus ride away or a 30min walk. Grangetown station is about ten mins away and it's one stop from there into Cardiff. Mill Lane in the city is quite nice. Lots of bars. The new and impressive St David's Centre has lots of food choices. There's a Jamie's Italian there which is quite good but if you want really decent grub, try The Potted Pig. You might have to book though.
    At the ground there's a Greggs, KFC and a McDonald's if you want to rough it.
    Give me a shout if you want any other pre/post game advice.
  • How about parking?
  • Any vegetarian places near?
  • Addickted said:

How about parking?

There's street parking around the stadium if you're early enough. You could also try parking on leckwith hill. failing that, you could park at the st David's centre for £4, have food and get the train to ninian park st and walk two mins to ground. You could also risk it and park in the retail area. Not sure how they police it but seen plenty of fans come out of the ground and into cars parked outside asda, next etc. personally I wouldn't risk that though. You'll find a spot off Hadfield Rd and around the stadium.
  • seth plum said:

Any vegetarian places near?

Do you like Indian food? There's a brilliant vegetarian restaurant on Penarth Rd called Vegetarian Food Studio.
    http://www.vegetarianfoodstudio.co.uk/
    It's about 30min walk from ground but worth it.
    Other decent restaurants include Pier 64 in Penarth 15min drive to stadium) http://www.pier64.co.uk/ and Mr G's Soul Kitchen in Cardiff Bay. http://www.mrgs-soulkitchen.co.uk/
  • Any decent club/bars for after? Preferably easy to get to the Cardiff Bay Travelodge after
  • Any decent club/bars for after? Preferably easy to get to the Cardiff Bay Travelodge after

The Bay has a couple of pubs/bars and lots of franchise restaurants. But it'll be pretty dead on a Tuesday night. Mill Lane is good in Cardiff centre. But again, it won't be jumping on a Tues night and it's a cab back to the Bay.
    It's not a crazy city in the week really. Terra Nova and Salt Bar are the main pubs in the Bay but as I say, it will be quiet on a tues night. You could get a cab to the student areas (Cathays) and go to Gassy Jacks and The Vulcan Lounge. No idea what it'll be like then though.

I go Cardiff uni so I know the best places in town...Tuesday night is Revolutions just opposite the Castle...It's normally packed though especially since it's start of term...I know thats where i'll be whether we win or lose!
  • laujames said:

Any decent club/bars for after? Preferably easy to get to the Cardiff Bay Travelodge after

I go Cardiff uni so I know the best places in town...Tuesday night is Revolutions just opposite the Castle...It's normally packed though especially since it's start of term...I know thats where i'll be whether we win or lose!
    Good call. Lots of late bars there too. Worth also checking what Clwb Ifor Bach (The Welsh Club) has on that night. Live bands and djs. http://www.clwb.net/
  • They're closing the Clwb Ifor Bach down soon aren't they? I know I've seen loads of stuff about that. I did have a look at it a few ago but nothing was really on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Clwb Ifor Bach is quite quiet but is literally 30 seconds from Revolutions! Went there a couple of weeks ago on a friday and it wasn't bad!
    If anyone is up for a drink before the match, Walkabout is right next to Cardiff Central so it's easy to hop on the train afterwards to get to Cardiff City Stadium!
  • looking very much like cardiff could seal promotion or the title vs us next tuesday. Should be a great atmosphere
  • Mike said:

Me and Nathan are going and coming back on the weds

Good job he doesn't have to worry about work then.
  • and now they concede in the last minute!! flipping unreal night of football
  • We can get three points there.
  • Any good places to park? They have an 'away' car park, but it's meant to be really slow to get out of
  • Mike said:

Me and Nathan are going and coming back on the weds

Good job he doesn't have to worry about work then.
    I think I know that better than anyone, so stop making a tit of yourself and stop banging on about it. Don't be a twat all your life.
  • Word of advice to those travelling. Don't go dressed as sheep ;o)
  • Does anyone know where I will be able to find the valley express coach to charlton after the game? I'm making my own way to cardiff as I am going to make a day of it, so I've only booked return on the service.
  • pathdw98 said:

Does anyone know where I will be able to find the valley express coach to charlton after the game? I'm making my own way to cardiff as I am going to make a day of it, so I've only booked return on the service.

Outside the ground maybe?