Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriott

The 1st player in a Charlton shirt in a few years who has me on the edge of my seat everytime he has the ball. Hope we are not putting too much pressure on him but the boy could be something special. Hope we keep hold of him

Comments

• I think we will - foolish to move as you are about to establish yourself. Loved the way he wasn't afraid to try things yesterday - thought he was a bit reluctant against Millwall but that is natural for a youngster breaking into the side. His game is to be direct and he can score quality goals - we do have a very exciting prospect here.
  • I hope he keeps it up and does not let 'it go to his head'. I am sure that Powell is a good enough mentor to keep the young man's loaf very level
  • think he could be a big player for us for the next few season. A youngster coming through saving a bit of what little money is available in the summer.

I
  • Most of the things he tries don't come off, but he has the confidence to keep trying. Also, if he does lose the ball he tries hard to win it back. Work in progress but early signs are good.
  • He has been excellent since he came into the side. He always wants to run with the ball and either go direct to goal for a shot or get to the byline to cross. His pace can be a killer if he has a slow full back to run against. With the slow-ish midfield we had yesterday he was a real live wire on that left hand side. We need to balance this with an equal on the right, especially if we are going to play Kerm and Fuller up front, or keep looking for a Solly overlap.
  • Tricky winger with pace who has the confidence to beat his man. Full backs will hate playing against him. Most exciting player on the pitch last two games and there's a lot more to come from him in the future
  • Can't believe we've had him all this time when we have clearly needed someone like him on the left this season. I knew he was a promising player but didn't realise he was that good. I hope it encourages Powell to take a chance on younger players in future. I wonder if his displays have anything to do with Feely being on the bench yesterday?
  • Harry
  • Ross said:

He has been excellent since he came into the side. He always wants to run with the ball and either go direct to goal for a shot or get to the byline to cross. His pace can be a killer if he has a slow full back to run against. With the slow-ish midfield we had yesterday he was a real live wire on that left hand side. We need to balance this with an equal on the right, especially if we are going to play Kerm and Fuller up front, or keep looking for a Solly overlap.

Totally agree with this bit. If we are going to play with a slow central midfield, we need another tricky, pacey winger on the right to allow us to attack. Easier said then done though!!
  • PL54 said:

Harry

LOL !!

• Sponsored links:

• Love his confidence lack of fear.
  • He has great pace and it looks like the team are gaining in confidence in him which seemed to be lacking in some of his earlier appearances. Love to see him running into the penalty area. there was a season in Lisbies career, when he used his pace to run onto the area and for that season alone he was able to get a lot of penalties. Harry has the ability to do the same. CP in training and the senior players need to help him with this decision making, but he has the prospects of a good career ahead of him. One word of caution, Harry will go off the boil, we need to be supportive and not boo his every move and get on his back as we so often do with players.
  • Kap10 said:

He has great pace and it looks like the team are gaining in confidence in him which seemed to be lacking in some of his earlier appearances. Love to see him running into the penalty area. there was a season in Lisbies career, when he used his pace to run onto the area and for that season alone he was able to get a lot of penalties. Harry has the ability to do the same. CP in training and the senior players need to help him with this decision making, but he has the prospects of a good career ahead of him. One word of caution, Harry will go off the boil, we need to be supportive and not boo his every move and get on his back as we so often do with players.

Dream on!

What you say is absolutely right though.
  • I'm afraid you misspelt his name

I have good sources at the BBC that tell me his real name is Callum Harriots
  • Exciting player to watch who works hard for the team. Suits Rhoys and I think CH was a factor in Wiggins having a very good game yesterday.

Next step is to start turning the corners and free kicks he wins into regular goals and assists but that will come
  • How long is it since we had someone who has the confidence and tricks to run at people. He's quick direct and unafraid to have a shot. Decision making is sometimes suspect and he does shoot when there are better options available. I think he is trying too hard at the moment. He's an exiting prospect no doubt.
  • Early days, but the most promising attacking youngster to break through for many years. Give him time to learn and gain experience and we will have a little gem of a player.
  • The only flaw in his game is his tendency to get overexcited, for example taking a shot or a first time cross when a simple pause to assess the situation would have helped. Yesterday he felt he was fouled at one point, got up and went straight through the player in question and gave away a free kick. He is still young and inexperienced, with time he could be a truly brilliant winger.
  • How long is it since we had someone who has the confidence and tricks to run at people. He's quick direct and unafraid to have a shot. Decision making is sometimes suspect and he does shoot when there are better options available. I think he is trying too hard at the moment. He's an exiting prospect no doubt.

He is indeed an exciting prospect, SHG but am concerned that you have some insider info re his future plans.....

Hopefully he won't be an exiting player !

• Lol. No I did mean exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lol. No I did mean exciting.

No probs, mate. It's the "should have been a school teacher" in me .....

• I think the way forward is Solly Wilson on the right - Wiggins Harriot on the left. Very strong width on both flanks. Pritchard needs to work on a couple of areas in his game and if he can address them, play him in the middle.
  • Early days but it looks as if we could have a player on our hands - and in a position that's been a big problem for us this season. He's only just turned 19 and his decision making will almost certainly improve.

In what has been a difficult and uneven season, it is a great boost for the faithful to see someone like Harriott coming through. A few more games like that and he'll be selling more season tickets than any number of promotional videos on the Club's website.

If we can secure safety in the next few weeks, it would be great to be able to give one or two other youngsters a taste, recognising that the Championship is a tough school. A pity about Azeez's injuries.
  • I think the way forward is Solly Wilson on the right - Wiggins Harriot on the left. Very strong width on both flanks. Pritchard needs to work on a couple of areas in his game and if he can address them, play him in the middle.

If I'm honest I would prefer we brought someone in on the right. Wilson is fine as back up but I just don't think he's good enough to be our first choice.

• Love his confidence lack of fear.

Isn't this an attribute that most young players possess? They normally tend to be less scared of trying things than older players in their bid to impress, they also tend to be less affected by pressure when first introduced to the team. That can of course change very quickly if the crowd gets on their back. I love the freshness that young players bring to a team in fact I can't think of too many over the years who have been totally overcome with fear. As for Harriot, he got off to a great start and will now benefit greatly from playing alongside Andy Hughes who will encourage, advise and generally talk him through games.
  • Not afraid to have a speculative shot. Once he makes those decisions just a tad better I think we cold see some very spectacular goals.
  • Callum was SCP's Young Player of the Year 2 seasons ago & has obviously proved an decent shout.

Would expect the same this time.
  • His impact reminds me a little bit of when Wagstaff broke into the first team a few years back. Don't think many were expecting him to come in when he did and quite a few were wondering if he was going to make it with us at all.
  • Not as good as everyone is making out in my opinion, yes it's exiting because we have a young player coming through but I still don't believe he's a championship player, he'll get found out.
  • I think you'll see him getting even better has is decision making improves.