Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriott

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    The question is - is he better than Kyel Reid ?
    Also Kerkar won't be back next season, am gutted
  • Options
    You can see the improvment game on game,this is a tough leauge and he dosent look out of place.CP should be the right man to keep him progressing and as we have no money we need a player like him to take us forward.
  • Options
    Henry Irving">

He's the fastest winger.

He maybe the trickiest winger

He has yet to prove he's the best winger and until he add some goals and assists to his game he won't.

Great prospect, great to watch, works hard, tracks back, full of energy.

Hope that he just needs time to improve. Not had an "easy" opponent and we've not been playing the most offensive game so too early to judge him either way.

He has proved in 4 games he is better that Kerkar, Green & Wagstaff - who else is there? Undoubtedly the best winger at the club, but does not yet mean he is any good! (although I reckon he is)
  • Options
    I repectfully concur with Athletico.

Harriot is very comfortable on the ball and has a an element of devil to his game that Waggy and Green do not- if we are all really honest with ourselves - in truth possess.

He has only just come into the side and is at the very start of his career, so there is bound to be a bit of a dip in form at some stage. One difference, however - and it is an important one - is that Harriot has being doing the business at Chamionship ( not League 1 ) level.

Looking forward to seeing this exciting young guy shift a few more season tickets over the next week/pre-season.

• Options
    His decision making leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

Yes he is exciting, and makes things happen but without any end product he isn't going to make it. Lets not get too excited about him and pile unneeded pressure on him and lets hope his decision making improves with time and experience (I am sure it will) and then we really will have an excellent winger on our hands.
  • Options
    I think he will display that he has an end product. Think there is a lot of quality in there. Some people can spot it and some people can't. Like some people thinking Button is a better keeper than Hamer! I fully expect it to become apparent to all sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    If he continues to impress and improve then his toughest tests lie ahead.

À sign of a good player is adapting to being marked. Opposition scouts will look to null the threat. He will have to learn to deal with being doubled up on, being shown on his weaker foot, Players dropping off.etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We need a player at home, with pace and skill who relentlessly is looking to go forwards - we sometimes are afraid to cock it up and pick a pass when we need to be getting in the box or getting a cross in. I think he is the player to do this and it will change the dynamic to a degree and help us win more games at the Valley.
  • Options
    Very promising and an exciting player, but also very early to properly judge where he is at the moment. New players to the team usually look better than what you already have. We've not had anyone with both pace and skill down the left in a while.

Can he be consistent over a long run of games? How will he cope in say a years time when opposition know everything about him? Will he keep up the good work rate? Will he keep learning and improving? Will he even be here next season (as it seems he's out of contract)?

Should do well but no guarantee. Look at Kyel Reid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2013
    We'll know better soon enough
  • Options
    Callum is the sort of player we've lacked and need.more like him. I remember watching himcome on a few years back must've only been 16! I think he is a very exciting prospect and if we keep hold of him we will be ok
  • Options

À sign of a good player is adapting to being marked. Opposition scouts will look to null the threat. He will have to learn to deal with being doubled up on, being shown on his weaker foot, Players dropping off.etc.

He's not Messi yet
  • Options
    dizzee said:

He's not Messi yet
    I think he shows the signs of being the next messi.

Didn't Messi score his first goal against htfc?

Spooky.
  • Options

scruffle said:

He has yet to prove he's the best winger and until he add some goals and assists to his game he won't.

2 assists and one goal in 4 is pretty good record isn't it?? If only our other wingers had these stats...
    It is. Remember the goal but when were the assists?
    His pass for Jacko's goal at Peterborough was one, and a beautifully weighted pass it was too.

Not sure about the other one though
    He assisted Jacko's goal against Bolton on Saturday
  • Options
    Wasn't that Fuller?
  • Options
    I think the Leeds game will be a great test for him as he will be up against their highly rated full back (Bryam I think). Sincerely hope he gives the Leeds defence the runaround as I'm sure he is capable of. Best winger since Sammy Lawrie!
  • Options
    Little known fact. Callum's dad is no other than Ainsley Harriott off of the tele.
  • Options
    that would have been a good April fools
  • Options
    Just got access to CAFC player, out of the country so haven't seen any games this year... Just by watching the highlights, this kid has had a big hand in most of our goals since he started playing. Exciting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I agree Callum looks the real deal but there is a long way between great promise and becoming a top, top player. Though I think SCP is a really good mentor who will get the balance right of full encouragement and development while keeping the player's feet firmly on the ground. I did literally watch Billy Bonds break into the Charlton first team and gloriously dance down the wing long before the days of wing backs and so on. He obviously made it and it is a crying shame he never got an England cap. A Hammers fan I know used to rave about Stuart Slater - remember him - and the way the crowd used to rise as one from their seats every time he got the ball out wide.That early promise sadly failed to materialise. I believe Callum stands a really good chance of making it into the Premiership and I want it to be with Charlton.
  • Options
    Frontline it is all about opinions you are right

But I'm my opinion he will go backwards if he went on loan in league 1 he would get poorer coaching play against worse opposition with worse players

He is getting reg football now with us and not looking out of place