Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Not Manager of the Month

At least by losing to Luton Pardew will not be considered for MoM, let's hope that Coventry get stuffed in extra time tonight!

Comments

• Is that true? do they take Cup performances into account? I thought it was league only.

If there's one to win (and in a promotion season there is always likely to be one) then Sept isn't a bad option - there aren't many games to come in Oct because of international break, and still plenty of time to recover from the MoM curse.
  • I thought it was league only
  • I expect you're right, just clutching at straws!
  • And we'd need to beat Cov first!
  • Manager of the Month is a curse.

Well, it always has been for Charlton managers...........
  • when was the last time a Charlton manager (Curbs) won one ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Manager of the Month is a curse.

Well, it always has been for Charlton managers...........

Not only for Charlton - look what's happened to Cov since Dowie won it!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]when was the last time a Charlton manager (Curbs) won one ?

Feb 2003
  • Didn't he win it twice in one season and the only other manager to do that that season was Fergie????
  • Didn't he even win Manager of the Season once?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Didn't he even win Manager of the Season once?

3 times (sort of)

98 First div

2000 First div and all 92 clubs.

Quiz questions

1. Not including Curbs which four Charlton managers have won a player of the month award?

2. When did a Charlton manager first win manager of the month?

3. Over the 17 different manager of the month awards won by the club which calender month has been the most successful for Charlton managers?
  • 3. June
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]3. June

No, have another go!
  • Do you really mean Player of the month, Henry? You're confusing us now....
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Do you really meanPlayerof the month, Henry? You're confusing us now....

Confusing myself. Sorry, just come back from 2 1/2 meeting discussing bottle tops on behalf of Ledge Knows and safe standing with a man from the football licencing authority. now edited to say manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]3. June
    No, have another go!
    July?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]3. June
    No, have another go!
    July?

close but no cigar. You haven't been following football very long, have you?
  • 3. October?
  • [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]3. October?

Correct - Five wins
  • well its certainly not the end of the season !!

I'm going for the Aug / Sep one, or January. We've had a lot of good periods in these months.

First manager of the month would of been Steven Alan.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]well its certainly not the end of the season !!

I'm going for the Aug / Sep one, or January. We've had a lot of good periods in these months.

First manager of the month would of been Steven Alan.

DAve Mehment beat you do the right answer on the month and it's not Steve N Alan
  • Lennie ?

I can't remember them having these awards pre-Saint and Greavsie.....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Lennie ?

I can't remember them having these awards pre-Saint and Greavsie.....[/quote]

No not Lennie. Since when have Saint and Greavsie been the benchmark for events? : - )
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Lennie ?

I can't remember them having these awards pre-Saint and Greavsie.....

No not Lennie. Since when have Saint and Greavsie been the benchmark for events? : - )

The world would be a better place if they were.....
  • No, they were terrible. The Mike and Bernie Winters of football presenters.
  • Buit its never been the same since, going to football Saturday lunchtime without having seen the goals from Tranmere on a Friday night....... S+G RIP
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Buit its never been the same since, going to football Saturday lunchtime without having seen the goals from Tranmere on a Friday night....... S+G RIP[/quote]

And it was always Tranmere. Did Saint have shares in them or what. Better than what they was before (nothing) but that's all. Would be funny to see a show again now and see how dated it is.
  • you toob,i am gonna have a butchers now
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Buit its never been the same since, going to football Saturday lunchtime without having seen the goals from Tranmere on a Friday night....... S+G RIP

And it was always Tranmere. Did Saint have shares in them or what. Better than what they was before (nothing) but that's all. Would be funny to see a show again now and see how dated it is.

didn't tranmere play all their home games on a friday night for a few seasons, to try to attract the everton/liverpool fans that might be intrested.
  • edited September 2007
    Lennie Lawrence won manager of the month the same month morts crashed THAT goal against chelsea when we won three-nil..... end of our season it was as we dropped like a stone and then got relegated..... now that is a flippin curse!!