Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v Scotland - 14/08/13

Heads up to any members that these go on sale today.

Priority sale (if you've been to Wembley before) is 20/06/13.

Public sale is 19/07/13.

Comments

• 20k Scots going, best support in the world.
  • What are the prices for the England fans?
  • Where were they in 99? Standard 7k then. None in the home ends.
  • Why are we playing scotland ?
  • Friendly. 150 years anniversary of the fa.

I think there'll be way, way more than that. I'd imagine the majority inside Wembley on the night will be Scots
  • Friendly. 150 years anniversary of the fa.

Actually, when Vauxhall took over the sponsorship of the England team they also sponsored Scotland, N.ireland and Wales and insisted that the games were played between the four over the course of 2 years.

Where were the English in the 70s?
  • edited June 2013

Can not believe you are questioning the oldest and best fa in the world's motives. *shakes head*

*s

Friendly. 150 years anniversary of the fa.

Actually, when Vauxhall took over the sponsorship of the England team they also sponsored Scotland, N.ireland and Wales and insisted that the games were played between the four over the course of 2 years.

wierdo
  • Sponsored links:

Scottish FA have said they can get up to 20k tickets.

wierdo
    Fact!
  • Kent_red said:

Where were they in 99? Standard 7k then. None in the home ends.

Scottish FA have said they can get up to 20k tickets.
    Yeah I know - Don't know why we've given them so many. No chance in hell they would give us more than they need to up there.

But in 99 they sold thier allocation and that was that. Didnt see any who had chanced the home end or all over London.

No denying that. My old man was there the day they pulled the posts down with very very few English present. He got his Maidstone United scarf nicked by em that day and was saved a kicking by a handy group of Fulham.

Them jolly jocks who are so well behaved, the little rascals.
  • Tartan trannies pissed up exposing themselves and abusing the public.

England are scum though aren't they?
  • edited June 2013

Where were they in 99? Standard 7k then. None in the home ends.

No denying that. My old man was there the day they pulled the posts down with very very few English present. He got his Maidstone United scarf nicked by em that day and was saved a kicking by a handy group of Fulham.

Don't get me wrong, they're bastards! But you have to tip your hat to them, proper support for a small country and with a side that Charlton could turn over!

Why are they best fans in the world?
    This is massive game for them.

No different from us taking 7k to Fulham other year.

nearly 40 years ago now.

Scotland's support has changed a lot since then.
  • My FAN number isn't working :(

nearly 40 years ago now.

Scotland's support has changed a lot since then.

I saw plenty of them being like that around London In 99 pre-game but i get your point.

England's support has changed beyond recognition in 15 years but we still seem to carry the reputation.
  • Sponsored links:

• People will get tickets on public sale easily anyway, the demand for home games isn't there at the moment. Albeit this one will probably sell out a lot quicker than other friendly's.

The Wembley experience isn't what it used to be if you listen to my dad. Expect to be drowning in the noise of 20,000 Jocks for 90 minutes in August, the home atmosphere there really is non-existent.
  • Game wont have same feel about as the old games .but lets hope they keep a lid on any trouble otherwise it will be put to bed as a freindly very quickly.
  • People will get tickets on public sale easily anyway, the demand for home games isn't there at the moment. Albeit this one will probably sell out a lot quicker than other friendly's.

The Wembley experience isn't what it used to be if you listen to my dad. Expect to be drowning in the noise of 20,000 Jocks for 90 minutes in August, the home atmosphere there really is non-existent.

Exactly why I'll be giving it a miss. Couldn't even get an atmosphere going against Ireland.
  • Was there any trouble at the Ireland game ?
  • Game wont have same feel about as the old games .but lets hope they keep a lid on any trouble otherwise it will be put to bed as a freindly very quickly.

As Folev said England's support is unrecognisable (think grown men with cuddly toys - I think it's less 'laddish' than Charlton even) from even 10 years ago. There will be no serious trouble, just like Ireland passed without a wimper the other week.
    Our FA will go out their way to make the jocks feel at home too.
  • se9addick said:

Was there any trouble at the Ireland game ?

I got In trouble from the Mrs for coming home wrecked - that was it.

There will be more trouble at Cilly at home ;-)
  • no Jacobite risings this time we will quell them
  • If we cant get them out were breed them out
  • Passionate stuff Nolly.
  • Personally bring prima nocta back for this one game soon have the scots respecting again