Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

LOOKOUT: I'm Coming!!!

On the BA flight from Bermuda to London leaving at 8pm Bermuda time. Yesterday, it took me two hours to find my passport, which when I finally did, found it to be 1 month to the day EXPIRED!

Cue blazing down to the immigration department, a bit of frantic form filling and an extra charge for Express renewal. Collected it today at 4:58pm, only 2 minutes to spare before closing on a Friday afternoon.

So, barring any unfortunate accidents in the next three hours, I'll be on that flight, scheduled to arrive at 6:30am GMT.

I'll be awake for the 3pm kick-off, but may be asleep by 5 after if my previous experiences with jet lag are anything to go by ;-)

C'MON YOU REDS!

Comments

• Good work - have a safe journey!
  • gowon my son! see you in the bugle?
  • [cite]Posted By: LoOkOuT[/cite]

I'll be awake for the 3pm kick-off, but may be asleep by 5 after if my previous experiences with jet lag are anything to go by ;-)

Hey, Lookie, this isn't the Premier you know.

You'll be kept awake by a scintillating display of virtuoso midfield creativity, a roaring Covered End (that's the North Stand to Johnny Come Lately's), and the referee's whistle as Varney is yet again caught offside.

And the thud-thud-thud of seats emptying to break the silence of the East Stand, as they all leave early.

Let's hope you are a lucky omen or you won't be allowed tocome again........ ;o)
  • Good to meet you today mate, shame about the result. You looked absolutely shagged!!!
  • God this thread title worried me.

Glad you made it!

Did you do the flag thing?????
  • I'm still up! Nice to meet those I did.

I'm off to bed now.

Didn't make it in time to help with the flag, as I arrived just before kickoff and bought a ticket for the upper north. Ended up in MCS's neck of the woods for the second half. Great stuff. Pub after for a few and the bus home to Peckham, which almost did me in...

Must rest now... zzzzz
  • Glad to here you made it, Looky, mate.

So it was your fault, then, that Barnsleh equalised in injury time? :o)
  • Nice to meet you lookout, get some well earned rest!
  • enjoying the trip lookie?
  • Good to meet you mate, thanks for the beer. Hopefully I'll be a bit less incoherent next time we meet!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2007
    Yeah, it was my fault. I was in the north upper. If I had taken up Stanmore's seat in the lower we would have done up 3-0, as that's where I was for the Liverpool bashing a couple of seasons ago. Oh well ;-)

I actually thought we'd done it with the one goal, it was Ollie kept saying that they'd be trouble for us. Obviously he was right in the end. I thought it was a good game in the second half, a bit tedious in the first. Thomas' ability to hold up the ball and put in a cross I think made the difference, as almost everything going forward was thru Riedy in the first and that made it easier for Barnsley to deal with.

Nice to meet you too Stu and Medders; Inspector and Rothko, and Ketman, Carlsberg, Carter, 1905, Suzi, TheHat, Bourne, ... I'm sure there were a few more. I was so knackered it's all a bit of a blur, but meeting all of you for chat and a few Guinness' gave me my third (fourth?) wind.
  • good stuff lookie and nice to meet you.

wat did you reckon on mr ketters shape making in the boozer?he was givin it large!

medders (or should i say mick dundee) did you end up going back to the walkabout?
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]good stuff lookie and nice to meet you.

wat did you reckon on mr ketters shape making in the boozer?he was givin it large!

medders (or should i say mick dundee) did you end up going back to the walkabout?

Kind of, the queue was huge so we went to various other bars up town.
  • you savages! you didnt end up back in the medway towns then stu?!
  • No, I went home and kinda passed out in the front room.

Good day, hope your misses wasnt too harsh on yah!
  • na she just needed a bit of calsberg lovin! my fault i told her i would be back early to get some dinner together. but post beers called.
  • Thanks to Kev my other half aint exactly best happy with me, what a melt!
  • has he stuck his foot in it? wat happened?
  • I was on the phone to her on the train, he was just making comments she didnt like about what we was going out to do, pretty funny, unless you're her :P
  • Sorry Stu!!!

There is also a story about asking a woman where the toilet at charing X was to find out it was a man!!!

AND BEFORE YOU LOT START I DIDN'T CHAT HIM UP OR SLEEP WITH IT!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Why did you bother?...lol.

Good effort that man...
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]No, I went home and kinda passed out in the front room.

Good day, hope your misses wasnt too harsh on yah!

Mine wasn't too pleased at me bowling in at 1.30, when I said I'd be back about 9...

Still, dinner and cinema last night has done the job :-)
  • I was quite drunk.

Had to share a cab home with some other fellas i'd never met before, so had to go via Blackheath.