Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stormwatch

Wow. Just wow

Biggest i've ever seen/heard on the Kent coast right now. Standby!

Comments

• Summer rain - glorious. Although my daughter is camping in Deal and may not be quite so keen!
  • I am in Deal at the moment, been up since 0230, quite the ferocious storm still going on!
  • Big thunder lightning here. In Essex.
  • edited July 2013
    Great Wakering, Essex:

3.12am (bloody water spots on my lens)

3.42am
  • Seems years since we had a thunderstorm. Good pics.
  • Phew.
    just put the new roof on yesterday......
  • Sod all in Crawley
  • As muggy as a SMALLwall crowd in the Weald of Kent, but no sign of storms as yet.
  • Lots of thunder and lightning in Brentwood
  • Absolute stonker going on in Dartord.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nothing in West Sussex
  • Quite a good 1 in Gravesend over night and still a few rumbles around now
  • Unsure whether to jump on the scooter or not to work. Looks alright at the minute
  • Great photo Stig.
  • It was mental in Lewisham.
  • Not a drop of rain where I live - north east of Maidstone.
  • Dramatic photos, Stig. The second one vaguely resembles a foot, with heel, toe and toenail. Is this a sign, an omen?
  • Rained overnight in otherwise sunny Reigate, but no thunder or lightning.
  • Had to peel my missus of the ceiling this morning she jumped so high when then thunder went off. Even woke me up and im a heavy sleeper.
  • edited July 2013

Unsure whether to jump on the scooter or not to work. Looks alright at the minute

mate I was out last night on mine, I had just finished up at warwick avenue tube, my cabbie pal met me there and we were going for a coffee at the 24hr café in kings cross ,at about 2am in the time it took for me to ride up bishops bridge and onto Marylebone rd the heavens opened and it looked like I had jumped in a pool , I couldn't even go in the café as I was drenched and pissing myself with laughter so much,

lesson learned always have your coat and waterproofs pal

the lightening was mental though I loved it , the poor bstds outside Kates hospital in Paddington wernt so happy though

• Sponsored links:

• Absolute stonker going on in Dartord.

Early morning stiffy?
  • nothing in East Sussex
  • yep I had only took them out because they were making my rucksack heavy and in the heat it was getting unbearably hot

it was impossible to ride in it I couldn't tell road from pavement
  • Wokingham report. Sunny and quite warm when I went to the gym at 7.45 this morning. Thunder and heavy rain now, but no lightning. Over.
  • Great Pic JT where is that? The street looks very familiar.
  • Funny enough I didn't take this!
  • JWADDICK said:

Great Pic JT where is that? The street looks very familiar.

I didn't take by the way!

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway_messenger/news/storm-chaos-3709/
  • Again not mine