Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Solly's Injury

All gone a bit quiet on this but he's been out for 3 weeks and hasn't made the bench.

Always worry when we don't announce injury news, anyone heard when he's due back?

Comments

• Options
    We picked up a couple of results in his absence. He's played pretty much every game for 2 and a half years and is only young. Guess they don't want to risk him when it's not essential, give him a rest and let him recover properly.
  • Options
    I'm sure in the lead up to the Watford game, Powell suggested that he was hopeful that Solly would be included in the squad, so he can't be that far off.
  • Options
    Keeping him in cotton wool for his January move?

JOKE!

• Options
    I know he had an injection in his knee last Thursday & was expected to be on the bench at Watford.
  • Options
    SLP stated that his knee was still giving him discomfort and he will not be rushed back
  • Options
    Possibly back after the International break ?
  • Options
    Resting for Millwall we can hope.
  • Options
    I think Wilson has been excellent since coming in, a good headache for Chrissy to have when Solly's fit
  • Options
    Wilson wasn't excellent last night, unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Fair enough, I wasn't there so can't comment but both having played 3, Wilson has a much higher avg rating than Solly this year against better opposition. Not suggesting Wilsons the better player, just praising him as to be honest I didn't rate him much prior to his recent run in the team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know he had an injection in his knee last Thursday & was expected to be on the bench at Watford.

I always worry when I hear about such injections, as to me (a non medical expert) injections don't solve the underlying problem in such injuries, but rather merely ease the symptoms
  • Options
    wilson is awful....please let chris be fit for saturday
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

You didn't go to Watford then.
  • Options
    Didn't Solly have a long term injury the season Jenkinson played?

I wonder if there could be a connection?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Weren't they both right backs Len? :0)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

They were indeed, although Jenks played most of his matches for us on the left, and Solly was ahead in the pecking order but, because of Solly's injury, Jenkinson was selected.

EDIT: I'm going to say whooooosh ! to myself

:-)
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

RedChaser said:

LenGlover said:

They were indeed, although Jenks played most of his matches for us on the left, and Solly was ahead in the pecking order but, because of Solly's injury, Jenkinson was selected.

EDIT: I'm going to say whooooosh ! to myself

:-)
    Solly couldn't resist it :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    mrbligh said:

In what way is he awful?
  • Options
    having only five points is anyone in the team awful?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    PopIcon said:

mrbligh said:

In what way is he awful?
    Please just watch him closely next time you go. He hides ALOT. Never wants the ball, passes sideways/backwards most of the time. fair enough he runs up and down the line but how many times does he actually make a tackle? (Before everyone goes crazy yes I know he made a wonder tackle at Watford but that is the exception rather than the norm) the boro game was a classic example, he lost the ball on the halfway line due to being scared to pass te ball forward, boro then broke, Wilson didn't chase and track back his man and boom, they scored.

I think he just isn't cut out for this level. I don't think he can handle the pressure of playing in our team/stadium and his confidence had suffered as a result. There was a reason he was released the first time.
    I would love to be proven wrong, honestly I would, but I just can't see it happening (cue a brace on Saturday and hero status!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

PopIcon said:

mrbligh said:

In what way is he awful?
    Please just watch him closely next time you go. He hides ALOT. Never wants the ball, passes sideways/backwards most of the time. fair enough he runs up and down the line but how many times does he actually make a tackle? (Before everyone goes crazy yes I know he made a wonder tackle at Watford but that is the exception rather than the norm) the boro game was a classic example, he lost the ball on the halfway line due to being scared to pass te ball forward, boro then broke, Wilson didn't chase and track back his man and boom, they scored.

I think he just isn't cut out for this level. I don't think he can handle the pressure of playing in our team/stadium and his confidence had suffered as a result. There was a reason he was released the first time.
    I would love to be proven wrong, honestly I would, but I just can't see it happening (cue a brace on Saturday and hero status!)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/e0/4a809a06885c140117a3198ccf0e6e.pdf

Page three would suggest you're incorrect in your assessment that Wilson's "terrible".
  • Options
    I said awful but terrible works....to be fair charlton life player ratings don't really prove your point.....maybe some real stats and last seasons at that may be a fairer indication than 3 games played this
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Were any of them?
  • Options
    Chris Powell says Chris Solly will miss the Millwall game. Says it's important not to rush him back from injury. #PressDay (IL) #cafc
  • Options
    ^^^ Bugger.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

What are you talking about !! He has been one of our better players this season!

• Options
    Lawrie Wilson is a very good player IMO. Has great fitness and is a bigger attacking threat than given credit for.
  • Options
    Must admit I had pretty much written Wilson off last season but he does seem to have stepped up this year and the 3-5-2 formation suits him. Still think Solly walks back into the side when he's fit but not a bad option to have available.
  • Options
    Given positive reports about Wilson, I'm more anxious we have Kermorgant fit for this.
  • Options
    Wilson is fine as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation, especially as Morrison is almost playing as a RB for much of the time (taking many throws for example) but isn't a RB when playing 4-4-2 as we found last season...