Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The Di Canio behind the scenes article sounds interesting.
  • Matt Wright? Where have I heard that name before?

And financial analysis from Wyn Grant. Should be good.

• Looking forward to receiving a copy
  • Is it full of upbeat, feel-good articles? The last one made me want to jump in a river.
  • Uboat said:

Is it full of upbeat, feel-good articles? The last one made me want to jump in a river.

LOL.
    Like all good soap operas Uboat.
    Can't wait for the next instalment

• Nice two page article slagging off this site from someone who doesn't contribute.

Have had a really shit week and been looking forward to today. You've pissed all over that even before ko, so cheers for that Mr Lawson
  • Get to the top and you get shot at. Haven't read it but take it as a compliment - everyone/thing that does well in the modern world seems to get whacked.

It's an inferiority complex that is pulsating through society at the moment, moaning and slagging things off makes people feel better for some reason for their own shortcomings.

Enjoy the game.
  • WSS said:

Get to the top and you get shot at. Haven't read it but take it as a compliment - everyone/thing that does well in the modern world seems to get whacked.

It's an inferiority complex that is pulsating through society at the moment, moaning and slagging things off makes people feel better for some reason for their own shortcomings.

Enjoy the game.

Agree keep up the good work AFKA.
  • Nice two page article slagging off this site from someone who doesn't contribute.

Have had a really shit week and been looking forward to today. You've pissed all over that even before ko, so cheers for that Mr Lawson

Who cares what some no-mark says. Half the country knows this is the best forum in football.
  • @AFKABartram....dont let them get to you mate, this is a great site with lots of different views and opinions and a great membership (in the main).....keep up the good work!! As I'm not there what is being said?
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a great &, IMHO, a generally balanced site - love to know what the tosser is criticising - I would imagine it says more about him than anything else
  • ignore it AFKA and go and enjoy the match, you know us Lifers make sense
  • Some people aren't happy unless they are moaning AFKA. Sod em'.
  • Cheer up AFKA, if there weren't arseholes we'd all be constipated.
  • why publish it, tho ?
  • What was said Smudge
  • It's one of the few articles I've read so far. They also failed to mention all of the charitable work and fundraising that you do, the help threads where someone is in trouble and others pull together, etc. The piece was far worse trolling than I've seen on here.
  • Plenty of sweeping generalisations in that article, Mr Lawson.

Interesting to see if you will now have the courage of your convictions and put your head above the parapet on here.

• I thought it was a poor article even if Rick pointed out many of the good things about CL on the same page.

John Lawson seems to think that there is a range of different views on how the team has performed in a game is a bad thing. Surely the range of views is a positive and shows that there is no party line.

And as Redpanda said nothing about the 50k raised for charities and good causes or the many other good things mentioned by Rick. Such the friendships built through memberships the useful tips, the information on club and supporter events and the gossip.

If John Lawson dislikes the site so much then fair enough don't read it but you do have to wonder why he'd go to all the effort of writing an article about it.

Otherwise thought it was a good VOTV
  • Just trying to get a reaction that's all and it will succeed. It's what's called journalistic license which makes the world go round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprised the editors allowed it.

Promote a publication on a website that the publication slags off.

Nice one.
  • Surprised the editors allowed it.

Promote a publication on a website that the publication slags off.

Nice one.

Classy.

Not that I'm surprised.
  • edited October 2013

What was said Smudge

Just a whole host of digs, 26 I make it, without a single balancing one.

No problem at all that some people don't like this forum or what its about, whether they have an agenda or not. Frustrating, but nothing I can do about it.

But when someone, who doesn't even contribute, goes out of their way to write such a disparaging 'review' for a related outlet that we have always been nothing but supportive of and helped.publicise, and not mention a single positive thing about it in their piece, that's what pisses me off.

We all know there are clearly negative sides to forums, but they clearly have studied and repeat visited this one enough to find all those negative things and not found a single positive.

Feel like a sponge at times. Those that don't just visit here will know CL gets constantly slagged off from all directions with those knowing that we'll just suck it up and keep quiet. Fed up with it.
  • But you're one hell of a sponge AFKA. Real sponges are rare, valuable and protected species, you'll always have people ready to stand by your side. John Lawson? Yeah right.
  • If you weren't warned about it in advance or given a right to reply then that sounds poor.

For starters nobody can blame you if you want to remove the plug at the top of this thread - which is in poor taste.
  • I'm not in the school of thought that says just because something is popular, its obviously good. Reality telly and tv talent shows give lie to that. However, the fact that this site probably generates twice as much traffic as every other Charlton related site out there, including the official site, has to indicate its doing something right.

Stop worrying about it afka. You and lookie run a cracking forum here - even people who don't agree with each other are, in the vast majority of cases, able to carry out some good debates, and when not, invariably the idiots get moved on.

I haven't read it because I didn't get votv today - anyone care to spell out what the criticism was?
  • There are people sad enough to hate a forum and subsequently write articles about it?

You learn something new every day.
  • Who is john lawson?
  • I take it the VOTV would publish a well balanced reply? not that I have read the article

• Over to you then Airman why publicise this twaddle.