Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan away advanced purchase train tickets

http://www.buytickets.virgintrains.co.uk/categorymatrix.aspx?Command=TimeTable

Tickets have now gone on sale through Virgin, single tickets are at £12.50, this is before any railcard discounts.

Alternative routes are via Liverpool and Manchester should tickets become more difficult/expensive direct to Wigan

Comments

• You may notice the new xx:43 train scheduled into the timetable, this now replaces the xx:20 service that started at Birmingham to Edinburgh. It's 50mins longer as still routed via Birmingham. On the plus side, this gives more trains available on the way back as they too terminate at Euston instead of Birmingham New St.
  • Thanks for that mate. Just booked, £21.30 for me and the boy on our family and friends railcard.
  • on the way back is it the 3h 27m train that is the only real cheap option??
  • Swerve said:

Thanks for that mate. Just booked, £21.30 for me and the boy on our family and friends railcard.

Swerve let me have which trains you did mate my son is banging on about this one and as we have a family and friends railcard sounds too good to miss out on
  • In fact sad sod he is, he actually replied when asked what do you want for xmas, Wigan away tickets
  • This is unlikely to get moved for Sky, right???
  • Going to get on this I think.

There are already two championship games - Forest v Yeovil & Watford v Brighton - on Sunday that weekend so cant see Sky moving it. Plus its Newcastle v Sunderland and Man City v Chelsea so Sky have some big Premiership games to choose from also.

Also it wont be moved if Wigan go through in the Europa League as the last 32 tie is normally towards the end of Feb.

There are already two championship games - Forest v Yeovil & Watford v Brighton - on Sunday that weekend so cant see Sky moving it. Plus its Newcastle v Sunderland and Man City v Chelsea so Sky have some big Premiership games to choose from also.

Also it wont be moved if Wigan go through in the Europa League as the last 32 tie is normally towards the end of Feb.
    Got it. Thanks Hampshire. I'd better book my train tickets then! :o)
  • Just booked 5 adults 5 kids managed 4 on family and friends railcard one without split 5 ways £25.00 per pair feckin result.
  • Sponsored links:

• decent value that.

Big thanks to Elfsborg who keeps prompting these
  • I hope that Sky do not decide to show as the early kick off.
  • Match tickets will be cheap as chips, probably £15 with a 4k allocation.
  • Got in there a couple of days ago at £25 return. Those prices have convinced a few more of our lot to join us for our annual northern train awayday. We get into Wigan at 11.47 I think.
  • Sorted mine. Get in quick if your thinking about this the 18.09 already gone up from the 12.50 single.

Cheers again Elfsborg.
  • On the 9.42 out gets in Wigan at 12.37 and on 19.12 home, gonna be a good piss up
  • We're on the 19.12 home too.
    Never been to Wigan which added to the appeal.
  • Is there not the possibility that if Wigan progress in Europa Cup it could be moved to a Sunday?
  • cafc4ever said:

Is there not the possibility that if Wigan progress in Europa Cup it could be moved to a Sunday?

No, as the Round of 32 games start at the end of Feb
  • decent value that.

Big thanks to Elfsborg who keeps prompting these

Leeds will be coming up soon, tbc but reckon it will be £13 singles
  • Sponsored links:

• gonna book up the 8.43 there and the 7.12 back cheers elfsborg for the heads up
  • Mike said:

gonna book up the 8.43 there and the 7.12 back cheers elfsborg for the heads up

Depending on what happens I'll see about going up there the day before and coming back the day after ;-)
  • cool we're gonna get the ones I said
  • Mike said:

gonna book up the 8.43 there and the 7.12 back cheers elfsborg for the heads up

Hunt me down on the 19.12, mine's a Stella!
  • haha will do mate
  • We're on the 19.12 home too.
    Never been to Wigan which added to the appeal.

You've not missed much. Souless northern town, with a 20 min walk to the "out of town" ground. (Sorry).

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/wigan_athletic/index.htm
  • Well you won't be missed CE while the rest of us get on it,sounds like the 19.12 is gonna be one pissed up train.
  • Thanks for the information Elfsborg I normally drive to matches with family but have booked solo from Tring via MK £7.25 singles (with card) arrive 11.37 also on 19.12 home so hopefully put some faces to names . Looking forward to a few pints for a change.
  • Thanks for the information Elfsborg I normally drive to matches with family but have booked solo from Tring via MK £7.25 singles (with card) arrive 11.37 also on 19.12 home so hopefully put some faces to names . Looking forward to a few pints for a change.

As with Mike, hunt me down, mine's a Stella!

• Forest v Yeovil & Watford v Brighton -.

Those games aren't actually on Sky - our game against Forest is on Sky the previous Thursday so we've both moved the weekend games back but as you say there are those 2 big Premier league games.