Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• good for him
  • Was going to say that it seemed a bit strange for him to win it, then i read this bit:

"According to AFC rules, only contenders who attended the awards ceremony in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur could be considered for the player of the year award"

• @JessieAddick - I can't really think of a better place to ask, so I'll shove it here.

Have you heard the rumours about Shanghai Shenhua moving to Kunming? Do you think this is just a ploy by Zhu Jun to get something from the Shanghai government he wants? I know he did something similar last year, saying he was taking SS to Anhui but that never happened.

The idea of having a real football team in Yunnan is pretty sweet.
  • edited November 2013

@JessieAddick - I can't really think of a better place to ask, so I'll shove it here.

Have you heard the rumours about Shanghai Shenhua moving to Kunming? Do you think this is just a ploy by Zhu Jun to get something from the Shanghai government he wants? I know he did something similar last year, saying he was taking SS to Anhui but that never happened.

According to what I read on the internet,it looks real this time.A few days ago vice president Xu Wei went to Kunming for further talks.Local companies have promised an RMB 50M per year offer which would obviously be a lot of money for the club.What seems intriguing to me though,is that he said they'll only be there for the next three years.
  • edited November 2013
    (Anyone know how to delete a double post???...)
  • "According to AFC rules, only contenders who attended the awards ceremony in the Malaysian capital Kuala Lumpur could be considered for the player of the year award"

Yeah that is a bit ridiculous.But nevertheless,congrats to ZZ.
  • @JessieAddick - I can't really think of a better place to ask, so I'll shove it here.

According to what I read on the internet,it looks real this time.A few days ago vice president Xu Wei went to Kunming for further talks.Local companies have promised an RMB 50M per year offer which would obviously be a lot of money for the club.What seems intriguing to me though,is that he said they'll only be there for the next three years.
    Sweeeeeeeeet.

• Surely local fans in Shanghai will be devastated....
  • But I'll get to watch football.

上海人 suck anyway, right!
  • haha, Stu

ummm... in urumqi our chances of getting a team are hampered by fears of 30,000 young uyghur males being gathered in one place...
  • Sponsored links:

• 上海人 suck anyway, right!

Some of them do.Slightly surprised that even you know that,ha!
  • haha, Stu

ummm... in urumqi our chances of getting a team are hampered by fears of 30,000 young uyghur males being gathered in one place...

Yeah,Xinjiang,a very sensitive area...

• 上海人 suck anyway, right!

Some of them do.Slightly surprised that even you know that,ha!

I spent a year in Yangzhou, had a few friends from Shanghai and visited a fair few times.

• Zheng Zhi and Guangzhou Evergrande FC defeated Al Alhy (Egypt) in the FIFA Club World Cup yesterday... Sets them up against Bayern Munich in the Semis on Tuesday
  • and our new striker got the equalizer for NZ

Que?!?

Que?!?
    Chris Wood lol

• He's still not tall enough for a return to the other red team!
  • Isn't this the Chinese keep fit/relaxing/mind training regime where arms and the occasional leg are waved serenely in the air as breath is taken slowly and deeply .. gwasshopper
  • Sponsored links:

• Love how the Goalkeeper tries to dive... You've got no chance mate your way off your line so dont even bother trying to stop it
  • If you went reading away they were showing the charlton highlights dvd of 07/08 season. Forget how good Zheng Zi was. Looked decent scoring goals etc.
  • He got a lot of stick as I remember.
  • good player but was a bit weak, would've performed better if he was surrounded with better players.
  • good player but was a bit weak, would've performed better if he was surrounded with better players.

Indeed.

He was an excellent player - sadly surrounded by an absolute Circus of a club at the time.
  • A talented player who was in a poor team. Frustrating at times.
  • I loved ZZ, never seen a player in a Charlton shirt that could find space and time the way he did. He was quality in a poor team.
  • Glad you still talk about him these days. He's definitely one of the best Chinese players that have played abroad. Probably would've be seen as the most successful one if we had stayed in the Prem...