Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Half time on Saturday (Upbeats pitch invasion)

For those of you that aren't smoking in the bogs or queueing 20 mins for a funny tasting beer in a plastic cup for nearly £4....

As you know, through the summer we set out to fundraise on here to supply the Upbeats with some new kit. We were proud to hand over a cheque to them for £2,500 of which they were able to get the same kit as the first team (instead of a nike catalogue kit) and some new tracksuits.

Alongside that, TCE has regularly been organising visits to their Saturday morning sessions at Sparrows Lane that a number of posters on here have participated in.

On Saturday, the Upbeats will be presented to the crowd at half time, and a few of us on here have been invited along to represent CL and share their day. So please make sure you give the boys a girls a great big cheer when they run out the tunnel at half time.

Thanks once again to everyone who contributed, big or small, towards this.

Comments

• A chance to see the clique in the flesh !! Sod the half time pint , I ain't missing this. ;-)
  • sorry, but I will be making my half time protest against the board..........
  • Ha yes, what about a dirty one!
  • sorry, but I will be making my half time protest against the board..........

Can we protest against the clique at the same time?

Happy to be as dirty as anyone can imagine :-)
  • Bit of a coincidence if you ask me.

The cheque for the shirts was handed over months ago but only now, with speculation about takeovers rife and at the last minute, do we learn that "few of us on here have been invited along".

Clearly the new owners want to build a good relationship with AFKA and the other admin, as reps of the biggest and most representative fans' grouping, to smooth their way. So the new owners will get an CL endorsement right at the start.

Will be interesting to see who actually is on the pitch with AFKA. Take a camera and watch the activity page for new members signing up over the last week or so.
  • Bit of a coincidence if you ask me.

The cheque for the shirts was handed over months ago but only now, with speculation about takeovers rife and at the last minute, do we learn that "few of us on here have been invited along".

Clearly the new owners want to build a good relationship with AFKA and the other admin, as reps of the biggest and most representative fans' grouping, to smooth their way. So the new owners will get an CL endorsement right at the start.

Will be interesting to see who actually is on the pitch with AFKA. Take a camera and watch the activity page for new members signing up over the last week or so.

You are joking, surely.
  • Just remember to wave at the home end not like sir henners did that time..
  • Apparently the chosen ones are making quite a dramatic entrance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYDTvrP1fw
  • A chance to see the clique in the flesh !! Sod the half time pint , I ain't missing this. ;-)

get the zoooom on them
  • Oh no. Not beds and his large one?
  • Sponsored links:

• The large one is staying in its case this weekend !
  • Thank god.
  • For those of you that aren't smoking in the bogs or queueing 20 mins for a funny tasting beer in a plastic cup for nearly £4....

As you know, through the summer we set out to fundraise on here to supply the Upbeats with some new kit. We were proud to hand over a cheque to them for £2,500 of which they were able to get the same kit as the first team (instead of a nike catalogue kit) and some new tracksuits.

Alongside that, TCE has regularly been organising visits to their Saturday morning sessions at Sparrows Lane that a number of posters on here have participated in.

On Saturday, the Upbeats will be presented to the crowd at half time, and a few of us on here have been invited along to represent CL and share their day. So please make sure you give the boys a girls a great big cheer when they run out the tunnel at half time.

Thanks once again to everyone who contributed, big or small, towards this.

extremely worthwhile, well done those involved
  • Curb-it has already threatened to "Goose" me!
  • If there's an Upbeats presentation at half time, how will you feel?
  • Thought the new owner(s) were going to be presented on the pitch. Oh well ;-(
  • Plot twist: the Upbeats are the new owners.
  • BDL said:

Curb-it has already threatened to "Goose" me!

I hope you are taking it seriously !

• BDL said:

Curb-it has already threatened to "Goose" me!

I hope you are taking it seriously !

I expect to see BDL surrounded by minders. ;)

• Sponsored links:

• She got me at the BTTV dinner, so I' m on high alert!
  • Well done to all.

One of the (many) great things about this site is the way normal, decent, honest, hard-working people can put their personal views to one side for a bit and all chip in and do their bit for a worthy cause.

I don't think you get that in many (any?) other football forums across the board.
  • I have just seen some Upbeats walking down Floyd Road in their tops. Look great.
  • Currently in the Charlton Live studio
  • They are really looking forward to this they are buzzing!
  • Good work all. Have fun!
  • That was just brilliant.
  • That was just brilliant.

Agree, great ovation and nice applause from the away end too