Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Can Ceddy cut it in left midfield

If Stewart returns to Hull is Ceddy a good alternative. Skilful player with lots of pace who seems wasted on the bench.
He is lightweight but that can be worked on and he won't neglect defensive duties.

Comments

• If Stewart returns to Hull is Ceddy a good alternative. Skilful player with lots of pace who seems wasted on the bench.
    He is lightweight but that can be worked on and he won't neglect defensive duties.

I we need to then I think he and Wiggy alternating during a game would be interesting. Ceddy needs to have a bit more vision, his run that led to his dive, he had players available who could have had an effort on goal.

Hopew he can be found a role as I like him.

• edited December 2013
    No way, Ceddy came on when Brighton left acres for him and well he done ok at best
  • I prefer him to Stewart personally.
  • No way Ceddy came on when Brighton left acres for him and well he done ok at best

If Stewart goes who would you like in his place?
  • I think Ceddy has a lot to offer and won't mind if we see a bit more outside the box thinking by SCP.
  • No way Ceddy came on when Brighton left acres for him and well he done ok at best

If Stewart goes who would you like in his place?
    someone better than Ceddy , so i'll start with Jackson
  • Stewart is a winger, he's scored some good goals and set up a few too.

Scapegoat of the week award a shoe in this week it seems : - )

I'm still in the blame Hamer camp.

• I prefer him to Stewart personally.

Stewart is a winger, he's scored some good goals and set up a few too.

Scapegoats are usually used for defeats! Happy for you to disagree - but I am stating an honest opinion based on observations I have made over recent games. If I am wrong, I am wrong - but I am not looking for scapegoats and am a bit narked you have accused me of such!

• Agree with oohaah, he did ok yesterday but had plenty of space with Brighton coming forward.

Those that went to Reading said he was poor. I remember he didn't impress there in the cup game v Carlisle a few years ago. I'm sure he'd be stronger defensively but I don't see him scoring the type of goals Stewart has (or that Harriott potentially could).

With Solly and Wilson on down the right I think we can afford to have Stewart or Harriott on the left, as frustrating as they are.
  • Sponsored links:

• He was very very very poor at Reading but also looked stripped of any confidence. Watford away last season he was absolutely amazing, on par with Wiggins on his best days, sometimes he seems a bit naive with the ball but it's clear there is talent there, he is still a young player and I think both him and Powell understand this. I think he can be utilized on left wing his decision making needs to improve a little bit but that would only come with playing games, him and Harriott are on par for me
  • Answer is that jury is out but has pace and certain amount of ability Was given tonnes of room v Brighton but worth another try. Oxford sounds an obvious one
  • redman said:

Answer is that jury is out but has pace and certain amount of ability Was given tonnes of room v Brighton but worth another try. Oxford sounds an obvious one

Ceddy will be left back against Oxford.

Wiggins due a well earned rest.
  • redman said:

Answer is that jury is out but has pace and certain amount of ability Was given tonnes of room v Brighton but worth another try. Oxford sounds an obvious one

I agree, he looked decent enough vs Brighton but with the time and space he got, any player would. Need to see him given a proper test to show what he's really got, but not ruling him out yet. He doesn't seem to have any more in terms of pace or trickery than Stewart, and he hasn't scored wonder goals, but he is naturally left footed which may work in his favour.
  • If Stewart goes we have a ready replacement, not Evina, but Harriot
  • edited December 2013
    The Harriot of the end of last season yes. This season so far - no. Solly and Wilson can both defend and attack - I liked the fact that both got forward and I think it is interesting in the options it brings. Wiggins and Evina could provide similar benefits on the left. You can always bring Harriot or Stewart on if you need to change things.

here here. lets try and keep Cameron first! essential to resign/extend loan IMHO

class act at championship level to boot. he worries the opposition, id like to see stats of how often he has worked the keeper during his spell here.

plays to the system also, he is an outlet ball, one of the few we have at the moment
  • Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.
  • Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

Agree.

No, I think that is the popular opinion. Not mine, but most others seem to agree. Football is a game of opinions, which is one of the things that makes it so successful. Unless you are Henry of course- then it is a game of your opinions - accusing me of scapegoating a player, when it is something I have never done and after a victory is out of order in my book.

• Sponsored links:

No, I think that is the popular opinion. Not mine, but most others seem to agree. Football is a game of opinions, which is one of the things that makes it so successful. Unless you are Henry of course- then it is a game of your opinions - accusing me of scapegoating a player, when it is something I have never done and after a victory is out of order in my book.

Each to their own mate, of course. Personally I'd have Evina as my third choice LM/LW after the other two.

• Finding the right formula is tricky - Chrissy has tried a few at home and chopped and changed players and formations. Sometimes you solve one problem and create another. It is opinions, not right or wrongs.
  • Seems a fair few don't rate Stewart, but you can be sure opponents do - Stewart is invariably doubled marked every game.

• Oggy Red said:

Seems a fair few don't rate Stewart, but you can be sure opponents do - Stewart is invariably doubled marked every game.

Which to be fair to him may show that even while we fans see him do very little on the pitch, tactically and strategically he achieved what was intended. Or it may be that he's simply not doing very much... ;)

I must admit that while in an ideal world I would prefer to see Harriot, an academy graduate, fulfill the same role, this season has been a big enough step backwards in his progress and form that it might not happen.
  • I prefer Stewart as I think he offers a lot which goes unnoticed. I also like Evina and I think he deserves more of a chance than Harriott. Harriott needs to sort out his attitude before he can progress further. He forgets that he's still only 19 and just raw talent.
  • If Stewart goes stick callum in. He needs to work on his defensive play yes but evina is nowhere near harriott's ability when going forward. We need to be posing questions down that wing not nullifying attacks
  • edited December 2013

Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

Personally prefer Stewart to Harriott and Evina, although that may be an unpopular opinion.

Leave off mutley. This is a 2nd thread bemoaning Stewart (see Captain Cleanshorts) on top of the match and player mark threads.

So yes CS is this weeks scapegoat. That is my opinion. You are allowed to disagree but that is the way I see it.

I agree its not needed when we win but then I don't think it is needed when we lose either but it wasn't even aimed at you.

please don't get upset when people disagree with you.
  • A few stats for you all.

(In alphabetical order)
    This season:

Evina 1 start 0 goals Total CAFC goals 0
    Harriott 6 start 0 goals Total CAFC goals 2
    Stewart 12 start 3 goals Total CAFC goals 3

To me, that implies by playing the other 2 options would likely reduce our already low goal count.

The best option, in terms of goals, would still be Jacko, but as has been stated, (and Jacko agrees) he no longer has the pace to play wide left anymore.

A simple equation to me. Sign Stewart until the end of the season.

IMO, if we could get him on a free at the end of the season, even better.

And another point. Stewart is making the right noises about wanting to stay. Evina was quite happy to not sign a contract, and leave at the start of the season. Until he found out no-one else wanted him.
  • With a small squad and alternatives in Harriott Evina and JJ, Stewart not done enough to justify a further loan.
  • I think we should let Ceddy go and do all we can to keep stewart and get someone in place of ceddy