Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton forum

edited December 2013 in General Charlton
The gist is: the ref helped us/the pitch is awful/our fans are crap/we only won because they played badly...

northstandchat.com/showthread.php?292254-Just-back-from-Charlton

a kind of compliment about the Valley though...
"its like going back in time walking through the turnstiles and into a sh!t hole, its brilliant"

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Who cares? WE WON!
  • Options
    Well you cant argue with 2 or 3, we say the same ourselves every week ! cant get annoyed just because someone else has said it !
  • Options
    Makes our win even more pleasurable.
  • Options
    Yeah, pretty much sour grapes for the most part.
  • Options
    The pitch is crap and was to our advantage yesterday, tough old world, they will have to get over it.
  • Options
    Apparently our PA kept telling their fans to sit down:

northstandchat.com/showthread.php?292286-A-little-moan-about-yesterday
  • Options
    i mean if that was the other way round the teardrops from our mingey it's all the refs fault fans would make the Brighton forum seem fair
  • Options
    They also say that they could have conceded more and that el Abd could have been sent off.

Fair point that the pitch is a disgrace.

Would disagree that the stadium is shite. Obviously not up the standards of their pristine out of town megastore, but at least you can walk to it and we're allowed to play home games on a Saturday at 3
  • Options
    I hope the new standing rules come in soon, it would make this whole issue a lot easier. Especially in winter, I cant think of anything worse than having to sit still for 90 mins.
    CAFCTrev said:

• Options
    I genuinely couldn't give a toss what some Brighton fans think of their teams defeat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting that even a couple of Brighton fans are saying that Al-Abd should have been sent off...
  • Options
    Al -abd is a dirty c***, always has been, lacks pace & so makes up for it by constantly fouling. Should have been sent off but like many refs in this league he bottled the big decisions.
  • Options
    I don`t care what anyone says, we deserved things to go our way for a change and we deserved to win! We have had more than enough of things going against us!
  • Options

What ground was that at ?
    Off_it said:

shine166 said:

I hope the new standing rules come in soon, it would make this whole issue a lot easier. Especially in winter, I cant think of anything worse than having to sit still for 90 mins.

CAFCTrev said:

What about having your nuts in a slowly tightening vice?
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The pitch wasn't that bad was it? I've seen a lot worse. The ball did stick a little in a couple of places but there weren't any bobbles.The ref was poor but they all are in this league and I think we were slightly in arrears when all the decisions were weighed out. Sour grapes, but that is what football fans do - us included. The simple fact was- we seemed to want it a bit more than them on the day and that was the real difference.
  • Options

What about your nuts in a rapidly tightening vice !

Also known as "watching Charlton"....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

CAFCTrev said:

perhaps for some reason best known to themselves they couldn't sit down.
    Farmer's ?

• Options
    Just read that thread and TBH less whining on it than on some of ours when we lose. They don't come accross as bitter to me at all.
  • Options

CAFCTrev said:

perhaps for some reason best known to themselves they couldn't sit down.
    Farmer's ?

could be that as well.
  • Options
    I like Brighton as a club and as a town, but I do get the impression some of them have become a little bit snobby since they got their brand spanking new stadium.

Personally couldn't give a toss what their moans are. We were a much better team on the day and worked bloody hard for the win.
  • Options

What about your nuts in a rapidly tightening vice !

Sod nuts, what about ones bollocks in a slow or fast tightening vice
  • Options

I bet most of them doesn't even remember or know what the Goldstone Ground was.

Quite possibly true
  • Options
    The Valley is a shit hole? Rather that than their dull soulless excuse for a stadium!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    No problem with Brighton. Couple of the best away days of my early football following life down at The Goldstone. Football supporters have very selective memories though, so let's give our fellow Palarse hating brethren some slack.