Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 3rd round game vs Oxford United 4th January 2014

Hello Addicks,

Sorry if this has been posted already, I couldn't find anything. But it's a reminder that of course we're playing Oxford in the 3rd round of the FA Cup and SHOULD hopefully be an easy pass into round 4. But it seems not too many people are bothering with this fixture, which is wrong. As today and many other previous games have proved we can be a fantastic 12th man when we want to be and I know this isn't the most exciting fixture but it's rare that we win games past round 3.

It'd be great if we can get the most vocal of Charlton fans in the North Lower as we've proved to be louder in the lower with less numbers than we are sometimes in the North tier. And at £10/£5 a ticket, why not?

Details below. See you all there and fingers crossed a 4th round tie!

Oxford United (H) - Saturday, January 4th (3pm)

Tickets for Charlton’s FA Cup third round clash at home to Oxford United are now on general sale.

The Us visit The Valley on Saturday, January 4th 2014 and prices have been reduced for the Addicks’ first match in this year’s competition.

Tickets are on general sale priced just £10 adults and £5 concessions and U21s.

Only the lower tiers of the West Stand and North Stand will be open for home supporters, while away fans will be sat in The Jimmy Seed Stand as usual.

There will be free entry to Bartram’s and Crossbars for anyone with a home match ticket.

Tickets are available from the Valley commercial centre and online using the non-members’ system.

There will be a reduced Valley Express coach service for this game, priced £8.50. Click here for more details.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-prices/#bx6PexZejmEP134A.99

Comments

• Are you on commission?
  • I wish. Just want to see a better crowd than normal for this sort of fixture.
  • 500 more than the league cup game max.
  • If Powell comes out and says he's taking this seriously and playing the first team then we might get a few more on the gate but we all know that some players will be rested and this game will be a struggle because of it.
    We don't do cups.
  • If Powell comes out and says he's taking this seriously and playing the first team then we might get a few more on the gate but we all know that some players will be rested and this game will be a struggle because of it.
    We don't do cups.

Have to admit if Powell came out and said he was playing the First Team Im unsure whether I'd go...

If he said he was playing a couple of kids (i.e. Poyet / Pigott / Gomez even?) then I'd definitely go and support them
  • Really want to go, but my Dad isnt having any of it.... sometime wonder why I was made to be a Charlton fan as he hardly ever wants to go any more !
  • Off_it said:

Are you on commission?

I think his comment "should hopefully be an easy pass into round 4" suggests he's on drugs.
  • Is Smith cup tied? Ideal game for him to have a run
  • redman said:

Is Smith cup tied? Ideal game for him to have a run

Smith played for Wimbledon against Coventry in the 1st Round
  • I think it's probably a mistake to play many first team players in this game. They will have played for games in ten days and will have another six pointer in the league a week later.

Sheffield Wednesday is a massive game and I think we could possible get something at Ipswich so I think we have to play the first eleven for those two games. By the 4th of January all of them will need a rest!

Incidentally I would go to the game if the first team was playing, but I agree that we should use the squad but not that I would go to watch it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Got my tickets cant understand anyone who can but doesnt go...and yes i have been to the other non-events in recent years.
  • I'm looking forward to it. Owwwwwhhhh the romance of the cup!
  • edited December 2013

I think it's probably a mistake to play many first team players in this game. They will have played for games in ten days and will have another six pointer in the league a week later.

Sheffield Wednesday is a massive game and I think we could possible get something at Ipswich so I think we have to play the first eleven for those two games. By the 4th of January all of them will need a rest!

Incidentally I would go to the game if the first team was playing, but I agree that we should use the squad but not that I would go to watch it.

If we were to beat Sheffield Wednesday AND Ipswich then thinking about it I seriously doubt there will be too many changes... The first eleven will be gaining confidence with every victory... Leave it alone if that happens especially as January is a HUGE month with Barnsley / Bournemouth and Doncaster
  • edited December 2013

I think it's probably a mistake to play many first team players in this game. They will have played for games in ten days and will have another six pointer in the league a week later.

If we were to beat Sheffield Wednesday AND Ipswich then thinking about it I seriously doubt there will be too many changes... The first eleven will be gaining confidence with every victory... Leave it alone if that happens especially as January is a HUGE month with Barnsley / Bournemouth and Doncaster
    Or, of course, eleven!
  • Chippycafc Got my tickets cant understand anyone who can but doesnt go...and yes i have been to the other non-events in recent years

Well said Chippy mate, I don't understand it either.
  • Off_it said:

Are you on commission?

Sounds like he's on a mission !

And a good one too.

• Every bloody year I get mugged into this fixture and every year I say for the last time. See you there no doubt.
  • I'll be there. I have nothing else to do. My life isn't that exciting, so am looking forward to it.
  • Oxford Utd? Didnt we play them last year?
  • Oxford 5/1 for the non believers
  • Sponsored links:

• All 6 new signings to start
  • All 6 new signings to start

Don't enjoy disagreeing with you, Henry but I'm told it's now 7....

• edited December 2013
    Yes but the 7th is cup tied and the 8th hasnt got a work permit yet
  • Doh bloody work permit again... We dont stand a chance signing him
  • cblock said:

Chippycafc Got my tickets cant understand anyone who can but doesnt go...and yes i have been to the other non-events in recent years

Well said Chippy mate, I don't understand it either.

Well there will be at least 3 of us with my son also going.
  • I shall be in Barcelona that weekend,my son's Xmas present Barcelona v Elche.Well pleased with shit draw
  • Sorry but don't like to be told were I can sit
    I buy upper north season ticket for a reason!
    An away fixture i might have gone
  • Only game I can get to this season, so despite the opposition, I'll be there.
  • Knowing Charlton, new owners revealed to ........a half empty stadium :-)
  • so get down there then, simples:-)