Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Return of Semedo and Llera

Comments

• OP - is Connor Wickham likely to be fit for Sunday and what are the chances of retaining him after 1 January ?
  • edited December 2013
    vff said:

Operation Pig:

Who would you like to take over at Wednesday OP ?

Anyone that can steer us away from relegation!

Holloway, Malky if he was to become available, optimistic I know, ......god knows.
    Off_it said:

vff said:

Operation Pig:

Gary Megson, surely?
    Wouldn't be a bad shout if honest.
    Blucher said:

OP - is Connor Wickham likely to be fit for Sunday and what are the chances of retaining him after 1 January ?

Not sure, if he is.....Massive bonus for us, if he isn't Massive bonus for you.

Working on it, but Forest have been asking Sunderland if he's available to buy, the big question is the price tag, Wickham has come out and said he's enjoying it here and wouldn't mind staying, he's in his best form of his career according to him.

I hope he can keep him,..... the lad is a class act.

• What is it with peoples needs to slag off ?

Semedo put in a decent shift for us, and though found wanting at times, I would never question Llera's commitment.

With give both a polite clap.

The way Semedo left is why I will BOO him
    How many people enjoy taking pay cuts?
  • Loved semedo was nothing but a very very good worker in the team a regular 6 or 7 out of 10

Didn't get Llera though I thought he was pony really pony
  • Both had their plus points - for me - pace is Llera big achilles heel - or lack of it. If he had it he would be a terrific player but instead can be a liability too often. As for Semedo. In the right side that uses him correctly, he is very good at what he does. But I wouldn't swap him for Cousins or Stephens which probably speaks volumes. I don't like them being slagged off though - they always gave their all for the club and we should respect that.
  • Both had their plus points - for me - pace is Llera big achilles heel - or lack of it. If he had it he would be a terrific player but instead can be a liability too often. As for Semedo. In the right side that uses him correctly, he is very good at what he does. But I wouldn't swap him for Cousins or Stephens which probably speaks volumes. I don't like them being slagged off though - they always gave their all for the club and we should respect that.

Llera would be a terrific player if he had pace? I admit it couldn't do him any harm, but the guy was awful.
  • I think a lot of his defensive difficiencies were down to pace - he battled well and was decnt in the air and was a good source of goals. Not bad for a centre half but he often got caught out of position - cause by lack of pace and was an accident waiting to happen. His touch wasn't bad nor his ability on teh ball for a big man.

Semedo put in a decent shift for us, and though found wanting at times, I would never question Llera's commitment.

None but not many people declare their love for a club say they never wanna leave then go for a bit more money

None but not many people declare their love for a club say they never wanna leave then go for a bit more money
    The truth is that he was earning way more than he was worth with us. He was a little limited but always gave 100%. I would have been happy to keep him but we offered him what we thought he was worth (remember we were in the third division at the time and I believe that his contract was £6k a week. There are not amny players outside of the Premier League that earn that sort of money, and very few of them are in the third division.

When he said he wanted to stay he was probably not expecting to be paid less than half what he was earning. I also believe that Wednesday offered him significantly more than a 'bit' extra. It was probably closer to £100k a year more. I seriously doubt that there are many on here that wouldn't change jobs for a £300k payrise over three years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just in case it wasn't clear I won't be booing Semedo, or Llera, the latter of which was not paid very much by us and played regularly in a side that very nearly got us promoted, and in a Wednesday side that did get promoted. He is not world class, but he has played in three sides (including MK Dons) that have finished 2nd, 3rd and 4th in League One - I think that qualifies as making his a success at 'his' level.
  • I liked Semedo. Was sour after his "sign for life" comment but he was a worker. Was glad he went in the end though! I also liked Llera. I thought he always gave 100% but just wasn't good enough. Not his biggest fan anymore due to his press conferecnces since leaving us.

Glad both players went when they did and glad Morrison came in the other way!
  • Whatever their limitations, both Semedo and Llera were committed players for us.
    You could never fault their attitude or workrate.

You must be mean of spirit if you need to boo them.
  • Piggy

Seasons greetings to you.

I may not have been paying attention, but am I right in thinking your performances have been a bit better since you and Jones parted company?

Certainly a good result for you at Blackburn. I'm expecting a tough and rather dour old match on Sunday.
  • That Llera performance against Colchester still gives me nightmares! He really was shittttt.

Semedo was decent for us. Wore the shirt with pride and rattled people for fun at times.
  • Semedo is a good player and anyone that says otherwise is blinkered by the fact he now wears a different shirt or has absolutely no clue about football.
  • Llera was either a colussus or a comedy act. Always gave his best though just sadly wasn't good enough a lot of the time.

Will never boo semedo - limited yes but would still take him in our squad.
  • Huskaris said:

Semedo is a good player and anyone that says otherwise is blinkered by the fact he now wears a different shirt or has absolutely no clue about football.

"Anyone who doesn't agree with me knows nothing about football"???

Right-o!

Semedo was a good battler for us and one of our better players at the time, albeit he had limited ability.

Have I passed or failed the test?
  • Last Season Semedo was awful in this league and was a shadow of himself when we were pushing for promotion in L1, he hardly featured, but Llera was very solid, this season Semedo has somehow stepped up and forced his way into the side again yet Llera has been awful - funny old game but I'd keep both of them just in case we do go down.

Btw - Same to you Praha addick, under Stuart Gray (caretaker) we've played 5 games, we won Leicester at home, beat Watford away and drew at Blackburn, but we lost home games to Nott'm Forest (unlucky in that game) and Bournemouth (woeful in that one) 7 points from 15.
  • Weren't you dire against Wigan until it got called off though?
  • Sponsored links:

• jac52 said:

Llera was either a colussus or a comedy act. Always gave his best though just sadly wasn't good enough a lot of the time.

Will never boo semedo - limited yes but would still take him in our squad.

Agree on both of these points. I liked llera as a whole hearted player, but have never seen a players confidence wilt so much after making a mistake as Llera's did against both Colchester and Millwall away. His problems against Cochester started when he headed past Rob Elliot, although in truth Elliot was also to blame.

Hope they both have stinkers on Sunday.
  • edited December 2013
    Well yeah but seeing as it doesn't count does it really matter? (in response to Callum)
  • Well yeah but seeing as it doesn't count does it really matter? (in response to Callum)

Well it does to us. We're interested in how you are playing and you did play that Night regardless if it got called off.
  • hows the fans up there OP are they still with Milan and the caretaker mgr or is patience running thin
  • Miguel Llera was one of those players who when he was bad - he was really atrocious. Millwall away (4-0) was a game he was always going to cock up on a major, major level - and he certainly delivered.

Find some of the comments on Semedo disappointing (and a little hypocritical), considering he was lauded as a hero when he was playing which was reflected by his Player of The Season award.

As for 'how he left', I genuinely believe he was just let go.
  • Well yeah but seeing as it doesn't count does it really matter? (in response to Callum)

stonewallpenalty got it right. Just interested in how your team is playing under the caretaker. Would've been nice if you actually lost the game and it counted but it's encouraging to hear you were awful despite it being called off.

• their abandoned game is arguably against a far stronger team than what we had to face

stonewallpenalty got it right. Just interested in how your team is playing under the caretaker. Would've been nice if you actually lost the game and it counted but it's encouraging to hear you were awful despite it being called off.

Doesn't really matter because if we play good in one game then the next game could be terrible, we're just so inconsistent at the moment. I'll go for a 4-4 cracker lol.

hows the fans up there OP are they still with Milan and the caretaker mgr or is patience running thin

Milan will start to feel the heat very soon if things continue the way they are doing, regarding Gray, he's not what we all wanted but at the moment we're stuck with him, it needs resolving either way.

• is it a Milan out situation OP or is it more that they wish him to spend money
  • Huskaris said:

Semedo is a good player and anyone that says otherwise is blinkered by the fact he now wears a different shirt or has absolutely no clue about football.

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad I know nothing about football. I actually used to like the guy a lot but even then wouldn't have described him as a "good" player. An average water carrier.