Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You feel old when...........

you remember the latest "Thing" from the first time round..............

Was out shopping (I know unusual for me....;-) ) on Sunday and found out that watch rings are all the crazy at the moment for teenagers - Jeez I remember them from when I was at school - then you find yourself figuring out how many years ago that was..... :-(

Mx

Comments

• Converse Boots are back in AGAIN ! Think I have still got my old pair from last time somewhere in my mum's loft.
  • jeez, just how old are you, mind you perhaps I'm old enough to have forgotten the first time round?

;)
  • ...when you say that you sung a bit of Rick Astley on the kareoke on Sunday night, and more than one person on your desk goes 'Who' ??
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]...when you say that you sung a bit of Rick Astley on the kareoke on Sunday night, and more than one person on your desk goes 'Who' ??

LOL - I can't believe you just admitted that!
  • You're old when you don't know a cover versions original, not don't remember - don't KNOW!

The most defining situation of being old to me is when you get to an age you remember your Dad reaching.....
  • edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]...when you say that you sung a bit of Rick Astley on the kareoke on Sunday night, and more than one person on your desk goes 'Who' ??

LOL - I can't believe you just admitted that!

did the full dance as well....
  • edited May 2007
    LOL - Oh my god!!
  • i watched dallas at the weekend,and when i grew up they looked ancient to me......not any more they don't!
  • Never gonna give you up (lazy photoshopping that is):
  • Cadbury's Creme Eggs.

They're all really fashionable around Easter, loads of adverts, loads in the shops, only for them to disappear as quickly as they arrived.

Whats with that then?
  • Sponsored links:

• You feel old when you went to the cinema and saw the original when it came out and now they've remade it!
  • edited May 2007
    thing is about the converse is ketters not only remembers them from the late nineties but also the first time round in the seventies , maybe he got some for his 21st back then?
  • You watch Thunderbirds with your kids and remember watching them in black and white when they first came out!

You know who Windy Miller is and can name all the firemen in Trumpton.

You remember the original Grecian 2000 adverts thinking what kind of saddo buys that stuff, and then you find yourself thinking about buying some.

Slippers suddenly have a much greater appeal

It' s your birthday and you get no presents (except a voucher from your sister) and you just don't care!!

When it's your birthday you never volunteer your age.

On buses and trains, people give their seats up to you .
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Converse Boots are back in AGAIN ! Think I have still got my old pair from last time somewhere in my mum's loft.

I was wearing Converse in the mid-70's. The only place you could buy them in London at that time was in the Lonsdale shop in Beak Street....Jeez, now I'm feeling ancient
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Converse Boots are back in AGAIN ! Think I have still got my old pair from last time somewhere in my mum's loft.

I was wearing Converse in the mid-70's. The only place you could buy them in London at that time was in the Lonsdale shop in Beak Street....Jeez, now I'm feeling ancient

You don't remember Converse Boots as you were too old then in the 70's....:-)
  • When you cant hold the newspaper far enough away to read it cos your arms aren't long enough and you realise you need glasses.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]Never gonna give you up (lazy photoshopping that is):[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_99946][ul][div]bart_astley.JPG[/div][/ul][/div]

here ya go sco, i done ya a proper one!
  • i feel ill.
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]here ya go sco, i done ya a proper one!

Far too much effort! lol.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sco[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]here ya go sco, i done ya a proper one!

Far too much effort! lol.

dude, i do this for a living, 2 mins job! didnt have time to colour match them tho, hence the different shades!!

Sorry Afka dude lol
  • Sponsored links:

• You have to buy your own socks, pants and hankies because your family have finally got the message that you don't want them for Christmas.
  • When little kids are using IPads
  • True dat Stig and I feel aggrieved when I have to spend my own hard earned on socks.
  • dizzee said:

When little kids are using IPads

mate of the Mrs got their daughter (not three yet) a tablet for Christmas , she already had an iPad
  • You feel old when footballers look younger than your kids
  • Your main Xmas present is an electric toothbrush
  • For me, it's all about the grey nose hair
  • When you're pleased to receive socks and pants as a birthday present.
  • I had to convince two people (mid twenties) on my desk that one pound notes and half pennies actually existed.

They still don't believe me.
  • When it's your birthday tomorrow and you argue with the wife how old you are and she's right.!! Ffs