Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

3 day trip in Barcelona

Thinking of taking a three day trip to Barcelona in late February. The package would include hotel and flights. Anybody know roughly how much spending money I would need for 2? The hotel also includes breakfast so it would just be lunch, dinner and seeing some local attractions. Maybe a few drinks in the evening but wont be getting hammered.

Cheers for any advice.

Comments

• Barcelona is a brilliant city. Even if you're only there for three days, you'll have a great time. Work out how much money you would need for three days in London, then knock off about 20 per cent.
  • Will keep an eye on this thread.

I am going to Barcelona for 3 nights (then on to Benidorm for 4 nights) with my pals in May. I have already purchased a ticket to Barcelona vs Ath Madrid. Its all paid for but I would like to know what kind of spending money im likely to need
  • Great City, you will love it, not a bad shout by Chizz as far as working out your money, leave the 20% on then you have some flexibility.
  • just got back, depends how much you are going to drink, a pint generally 4.50 euros, food not to bad paella 8 euro per head.
  • Went last July for 3 nights it cost £565 for the two of us thats flying with British Airways and staying at Hotel B 4 star had a lovely pool over looking the city and we done £500 spending money
  • One of the good things about Barcelona is the transport costs are very good. If you need to use the Metro make sure you buy the 10 trip tickets for 18 Euros. Means every single trip you make (you can change trains as well) only costs 1 Euro 80. The ticket can be passed among a group of people as well.

Take a visit up to Olympic stadium, apart from the metro costs it is free and worth a visit.

Walking around the little alleyways in the city looking at the buildings is free too and you can loose an afternoon doing this easily.

The Neu Camp tour was very good.

If you stay off of La Rambla when eating you can get good meals and a beer at reasonable prices.

We really enjoyed the 3 days we did there last year.

Flying from and living in Southend I was in doors 3 hours after leaving Barcelona which was a bonus too.
  • One of the good things about Barcelona is the transport costs are very good. If you need to use the Metro make sure you buy the 10 trip tickets for 18 Euros. Means every single trip you make (you can change trains as well) only costs 1 Euro 80. The ticket can be passed among a group of people as well.

Take a visit up to Olympic stadium, apart from the metro costs it is free and worth a visit.

Walking around the little alleyways in the city looking at the buildings is free too and you can loose an afternoon doing this easily.

The Neu Camp tour was very good.

If you stay off of La Rambla when eating you can get good meals and a beer at reasonable prices.

We really enjoyed the 3 days we did there last year.

Flying from and living in Southend I was in doors 3 hours after leaving Barcelona which was a bonus too.

how much spending money you do in the three days mate?
  • Dizzle said:

Will keep an eye on this thread.

I am going to Barcelona for 3 nights (then on to Benidorm for 4 nights) with my pals in May. I have already purchased a ticket to Barcelona vs Ath Madrid. Its all paid for but I would like to know what kind of spending money im likely to need

We are almost certain to go so will update this when I have been and let you know how much I do
  • Cheers mate, I'll keep an eye on the thread for updates and any further advice
  • Cant say for certain cos remembering what I did yesterday is hard enough but I think i took around the £200 mark and did come home with some. Saying that I think I had booked and paid for the Neu Camp tour before I went.

Sorry I cant be more precise.
  • Sponsored links:

• i took 400 euros out there for a weekend friday to monday which included watching a game at the nou camp.ticket was about 80 euros i think. Depends on what you want to eat etc but like mentioned on this thread already a beer is normally 4-5 euros.just be careful of pickpocketers! its a great city though, i went twice in 6 months last year.definately recommend!
  • +

Cant say for certain cos remembering what I did yesterday is hard enough but I think i took around the £200 mark and did come home with some. Saying that I think I had booked and paid for the Neu Camp tour before I went.

Sorry I cant be more precise.

no worries thanks for your advice mate, will probably take around £200 myself.
  • I am the only person on this planet who does not like Barcelona. Overrated.
  • Cracking city - been 3 times (Eng v andorra with the lads, stag do with lads and mums 50th with the gf and family) Enjoyed it every time but no idea how much I spent.

What is not to like about the place?
  • kimbo said:

I am the only person on this planet who does not like Barcelona. Overrated.

Yes, I would almost certainly say that you are!!

• kimbo said:

I am the only person on this planet who does not like Barcelona. Overrated.

We weren't over enamoured with it either. We'd been to Rome not too long beforehand and preferred that by some margin.

• You can spend as much or as little as you like - Barcelona is a huge modern city, so caters for all budgets. Personally, I'd take about 400 quid for the pair of you. That will get you entry to everything you'll want to see, dinner and lunch every day and as much beer, churros and tapas as you want :)

Of the things to see, the obvious ones (i.e. the ones you have to do) are actually pretty good compared to most other cities' tourist attractions. The Sagrada, Parc Guell, Montjuic, Camp Nou etc are all great. One thing you have to do is visit the Casa Batllo (pronounced Ba'yo) - the best example of Gaudi architecture there is, IMO. Do las Ramblas, obviously, but I've never really seen the attraction - and it's getting more tatty every time I see it. There's a small Dali/surrealist museum that's worth going to in the Gotic - though if you get the opportunity to take a trip to the 'proper' Dali museum, you absolutely have to do that.

Eating wise, the best places to pick are the smaller restaurants (well away from the Placa de Catalunya and the Gotic tourist traps). Poble Sec (to the South) has the best restaurants - I could name you ten fantastic ones within ten minutes' walking distance of each other - but if I could choose three they would be Caramba (traditional tapas), El Duende (more like a restaurant - the gilthead (fish) is absolutely the best thing I have ever eaten in Spain) and MonDore (a beer house that serves food accompanying specific beers and is incredible)

Oh, and don't worry about pickpockets. You're no more at risk than you are in London - stay away from moody looking groups of youths, be aware if your missus stops to look at any of the tat that the street sellers are hawking because they often have thieves working with them and don't leave bags open, wallets on display etc. The gavvers cracked right down on all that a few years ago - a lot of pickpockets got suddenly 'injured' (the guardia civil do things a bit differently than our coppers!) and it died away - thoguh it was rife in the eighties/nineties.

One final thing - if you're going to try and learn a bit of the language - try to learn some Catalan as well. Just a few phrases. Everyone speaks Castilian ('proper' Spanish) anyway, but they'll love it if you try and speak Catalan - it's not like France where you get snooty stares if your pronunciation isn't up to scratch - in the main, they genuinely appreciate you trying (especially the older lot)

Enjoy!
  • Many thanks Leroy, great advice
  • If you haven't already booked the hotel and your looking for cheap digs with a mate, try Casa de Gracia. It's classed as a hostel but seriously, it's the nuts. £25 a nite each, twin beds, private bathroom inc brekkie in a great location. Plus it was full of stunning foreign travellers!!

I got through just over 200 notes in three days. We found the best restaurants and bars were off the beaten track but just enjoy the vibe of Barca, I love the place.

We did the cable car which really gives you a sense of the scale of the city. The beaches are amazing too if it's warm enough and you fancy a chilled beer, head there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cable car is worth doing if you get the time, why not visit Madrid if you can, worth a visit.
  • Sorry for the late update but thought I would revise this thread for anyone who plans to go.

Great few days in Barcelona. Was expensive but there are some gems to be found that are reasonably priced.

Didn't have any problems with pickpockets at all, just a couple of groups who tried to get money for random stuff but they werent threatening really.

All in all, would highly recommend a visit, only been to a few major cities in Europe but this has been my favourite so far.
  • Went 2 years ago, but only for 2 days, and absolutely loved it. Now 4 of us are going back out Monday-Saturday in August and cant wait.

Any advice on stuff to do, probably nothing overly cultural as it is 4 24 year old blokes so we'll spend most of the time beaching and out and about in the evenings I guess, but always nice to try and do a few things by day time. Did Sagrada Familia last time, and definitely want to do the Nou Camp tour this time, but any other decent places anyone knows would be much appreciated.
  • There is a theme park called parc del tibidabo. It is atop a mountain which provides wonderful views of the city. It is over a hundred years old and some of the rides are a little dated but it is a charming place and well worth a visit.
  • Off to Barca tomorrow.

Anyone got any good family eaterie recommendations?

We are staying in Gracia.
  • Pez vela by the W Hotel by beach
  • Los Caracoles, 14 Carrer Escudellers. Near Las Ramblas. Absolutely exceptional.
  • edited October 2018
    Rossini is an Italian restaurant in placa Reial. Just off the la rambla. Recommend that , really really nice. Depends what you are into . Hard Rock is nice enough too but recommend booking that
  • Thai Barcelona is in Gracia......very nice if you need a spice fix.
  • No idea why you would go to Barcelona to visit a Hard Rock Cafe.