Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away followings so far ;-)

Comments

• Had to be you when I saw this thread ;-)
  • edited January 2014
    Home numbers (excluding away fans)

• Home numbers (including away fans)

• surprised at Huddersfield's away support
  • Sheff Wed look more "large" than "Massive"
  • Leeds average is amazing. Don't care about what the reasons are. Its a huge support.
  • Leeds average is amazing. Don't care about what the reasons are. Its a huge support.

agreed and it would prolly be more if they weren't restricted capacity wise for some of their games !

agreed and it would prolly be more if they weren't restricted capacity wise for some of their games !
    Huddersfield have an excellent average as well. Puts our excuses to shame.

Huddersfield have an excellent average as well. Puts our excuses to shame.
    I think its poor considering they have not lost for 5 seasons :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• The problem with comparing those stats is that charlton are at a disadvantage in that games where we could boost our averages (ie easy travelling distance) are also for us so far this season the ones with restricted away fans allocations or in the case of reading played midweek
  • The problem with comparing those stats is that charlton are at a disadvantage in that games where we could boost our averages (ie easy travelling distance) are also for us so far this season the ones with restricted away fans allocations or in the case of reading played midweek

Most would be either the same, or similar for Millwall though. Obviously lower home gate boosts their away percentage but they still have a higher average than us.

Not a perfect way to compare until the end of the season as one team could have played all their local matches while another has played mostly long distances and has a few derbies coming up.

Either way our home to away support ratio is and has been for a long time, poor.
  • I think its difficult to look at these lists and compare teams. Teams like Leeds are massive teams so you expect them to be at the top.

But if you compare us to similar sized teams, says Huddersfield, then its not a fair comparasion as the league is quite northern based.

I'm sure huddersfield have a good away support but if you look at the matches they have played away already this season, 6 teams (Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton) have all been within 45 miles of them.

Compare that to us and we only have 3 teams in total within 45miles of us and we have only played two away.
  • Huddersfield's is decent but if we were in Yorkshire our away figures would be impressive as we always travel well locally.
    Sheff Wed, Leeds, Hudds, Barnsley, Doncaster all close, not forgetting that Boro, Debry, Forest and Leicester aren't that far from them either.
  • Have millwall played the same teams as us so far and reading midweek or ipswich new yesrs day when we probably would have seen more fans going if they were on a regular saturday afternoon. Millwalls figures also have the benefit of a short trip to the valley
  • Interesting that it is largely Northern shit holes that produce people who like to get away from home every other week
  • No surprise that away followings to The Den are almost 50% of what people take to The Valley.
  • A new low for us. We have worse away support than Wigan and Doncaster!!
  • Sponsored links:

Read the other week that Leeds have sold out every single game apart from 1 in the last 4 seasons. And the 1 was a midweek away game at Cardiff with restricted ticket sales apparently.

Read the other week that Leeds have sold out every single game apart from 1 in the last 4 seasons. And the 1 was a midweek away game at Cardiff with restricted ticket sales apparently.
    Thats just mental for an average team.

How many games do we normally sell out though? Palace and Brighton I remember from last season.

We couldn't even sell all the tickets for Millwall last year.
  • Sold out Bournemouth. Did we sell out QPR?

How many games do we normally sell out though? Palace and Brighton I remember from last season.

And you're surprised, Folev ?

OK - I'd probably go every time, all things being equal but it IS a hellhole for away fans in general, regardless of it being a local derby for us . One which I'd guess a lot of regular away travellers think twice about...

Quite pleased we'll be on holiday for this one in March.

And you're surprised, Folev ?

OK - I'd probably go every time, all things being equal but it IS a hellhole for away fans in general, regardless of it being a local derby for us . One which I'd guess a lot of regular away travellers think twice about...

Quite pleased we'll be on holiday for this one in March.

A hellhole? Seriously. It's a few miles down the road. It's not exactly Kabul is it.

Few fellas in work support Birmingham & Watford. One of their favourite away games is Millwall. Say it's piss easy to get to, good day on the sauce in London, normally a good atmosphere etc.

Every team, including yourselves, sing "you're not scary anymore", yet still seem to stay away in their thousands or call it a "hellhole", as if visiting fans are routinely attacked & stabbed.

More serious violence has occured at Anfield in the past fortnight than the past few years at The Den!
  • Excellent numbers for bournemouth
  • We should sell out Millwall away every time regardless.

Is it really that bad? I think our record there makes people think twice more than any thing.

• So, I must have imagined the pitch invaders, the bottles being thrown, the racism, etc over the last year ?
    Oh, and the b*st*rd who BROKE a linesmans flag !!
  • does it actually matter?