Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Ms Katrien Meire who the hell is that
  • Options
    Director at Charlton Athletic Football Club
    Also, Legal and International Relations Manager at Standard de Liège.

A Lawyer. Better looking than MS.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic has a rich history, a cherished stadium, spent many years in the Premier League and has produced many talented young players over the years. These are just some of the factors which attracted me to it. I’m very much looking forward to the challenge of building on past achievements.

As a board the work begins immediately and we are already having regular discussions with Chris Powell about his plans for the rest of the season and the football club as a whole.

I am also delighted that Richard Murray has become non-executive Chairman. Richard has been a major part of some of the great times at Charlton and his knowledge and experience will be invaluable.

Richard will act as the spokesperson for the board, just as Chris Powell will represent the first team, and both men are hugely respected by our fans. I would also like to introduce Ms Katrien Meire who has been appointed onto the board and will be working at The Valley from now on.

Supporters can be assured that I will be following the team’s fortunes very closely.

It is a new era for Charlton and an exciting time for myself and the board. We will do our best to make sure there are many more reasons to be proud to be associated with the club in the years to come.

Roland Duchâtelet.

• Options
    Same ghost writer as Jimenez
  • Options
    Decent statement. I'm pleased he acknowledged the importance of the stadium to the fans.
  • Options

would you have preferred something in 'Belgian'?
  • Options
    RedMist said:

Something in person would have sufficed.

• Options
    pleased that SCP has the rest of the season as a minimum now. also "cherished" stadium - bang on RD
  • Options
    an agent too :

Arsene Wenger has been linked with a move for the young striker, who is being described as the new star of Belgian football – a country which has produced the likes of Eden Hazard and Romelu Lukaku in recent years.

Batshuayi has shown form this season to suggest he could surpass even those two, scoring 12 goals in 19 appearances for Standard Leige, and has been playing with a maturity and confidence of a far more experienced player.

His form has attracted interest from several clubs across Europe, with Arsenal said to be one of them.

However, the players agent Katrien Meire has revealed while several Italian clubs have enquired about the availability of the in form striker, the club have heard nothing from Arsenal.

She told Calciomercato: “Interest of Italian clubs? Some intermediaries have asked. Nobody from the Gunners has talked to us – they are just rumours.”

20-year-old Batshuayi is yet to earn a senior call up to the Belgian national side, however he has managed five goals in seven appearances for the Under-21′s.

Standard Leige are understood to value the player at around £4.5million
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedMist said:

Something in person would have sufficed.

Delivered by hand to your door? ;O)
  • Options
    Roland Speaks - but in effect says very little
  • Options

Roland Speaks - but in effect says very little

But has already said more than TJ did in three years.
  • Options
    It is a simple opening address, it was always going to edited by the media team and it is a nice start in my eyes. Please keep it up.
  • Options
    true but I was hoping for a bit more flesh on the bone so to speak
  • Options

Maybe he is planning on saying a few words at the Valley tomorrow before kickoff?
  • Options
    Pretty clear that Friday is "Charlton Day" - takeover confirmed, statement released ...
  • Options

Well you are a large Addick.....
  • Options
    "Supporters can be assured that I will be following the team’s fortunes very closely"

I'd be a bit concerned if he didn't!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's that Olly Groome? You want to know about signings?

• Options
    Yeeeehhh!

Rat rappin
  • Options

To be fair Large it could have been a worse sentiment. At least he is leaving CP to do his job unhindered and Murray as spokes person. If you consider the comments from SL fans.
  • Options
    It is a good statement. Second bit 'a cherished stadium' resonates.
  • Options
    Nothing short of what you would have expected really. If he is genuine about his aspirations and we've no reason to believe differently right now, sounds good to me. Safe to say Katrien will not feature in a would ya any time soon...very nice
  • Options
    How long before some idiots try contacting Katrien on Facebook to moan about the lack of strikers.
  • Options
    He's already said more to the fans directly than TJ or KC ever did, so for that is a major positive!
  • Options
    "...regular discussions with Chris Powell about his plans for the rest of the season..."

I think I would have preferred it if this had read:

"...regular discussions with Chris Powell about his plans for the rest of this season and the future..."
  • Options

Would you post a picture of the flesh on your bone please?

• Options
    cafctom said:

How long before some idiots try contacting Katrien on Facebook to moan about the lack of strikers.

Now you've given them all the idea : - )