Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Managers who are Pony

How do some managers keep getting jobs however skilled they appear to be at wrecking the clubs they manage?
Mark Hughes was a great player but what a terrible manager he appears to be.
Pulis must be laughing his head off after the crazy decision to sack him.

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, Pulis is achieving a minor miracle given the squad Palace have got.
  • Options
    Paul Ince.

I repeat, Paul Ince.
  • Options

Paul Ince.

I repeat, Paul Ince.

yep, that's another one for the list.
  • Options
    Tony Mowbray
  • Options

How do some managers keep getting jobs however skilled they appear to be at wrecking the clubs they manage?
    Mark Hughes was a great player but what a terrible manager he appears to be.
    Pulis must be laughing his head off after the crazy decision to sack him.

I can see the Charlton story being repeated here with Stoke.
  • Options
    Michael Appleton
  • Options
    Parky

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Dowie

Was hoping he'd get the Palace gig and take them down again.
  • Options
    Brian Laws
  • Options
    Glenn Roeder. It's stopped a few years ago, but how did he keep getting new jobs?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Mick McCarthy
  • Options
    Alan Knill
  • Options
    Glenn Roeder
    Peter Taylor
  • Options
    Big Mick should be nowhere near this list, as much as I love Powell we'd definitely be doing better with him.

Owen Coyle
  • Options
    Football is a merry go round of jobs for the boys and even applies to the pundits.
  • Options
    Agree that mick mcarthy shouldn't be on this list. Dean saunders for me
  • Options
    Megson.
    Erickson.
  • Options
    Roy Keane.
    Alan Ball.
    Souness.
    Peter Reid.
    McLeish
    Phil Brown.
  • Options
    Stuart Pearce
    Lee Clark
  • Options
    From the old days: the slightly mad Colin Murphy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Avram Grant
  • Options
    Powell
  • Options

Powell

Hope was pretty poor.

• Options
    Phil Brown is doing OK at Southend now.

My mate is a reporter on a northern paper so knows Brown quite well, he says he is actually one of the nicest blokes in the game but that he did let things go to his head in his Hull days.

Apparently when Brown took the Derby job he assembled the players in the meeting room and said, "Right lads, you've hit the jackpot, you are now going to be working with one of the best coaches in the whole of Europe...."

The players sat there waiting for some Spanish maestro to come bursting in....until it became apparent that Brown was talking about himself!

He actually told my mate that himself as an indicator of how far up his own arse he had got.
  • Options
    Alan Ball is harsh - fellas been dead for years!
  • Options
    Depends what Managerial level your at... Alan Knill took Bury up from League Two (before departing for Scunthorpe)... Same with Owen Coyle (Burnley) i.e. you dont win promotion with a club and become a bad Manager overnight

Zola and Di Canio are other good examples... Not good in the Premier League but Zola is good in the Championship whilst Di Canio won League Two may have taken Swindon to the Championship had he stayed around instead of going to Sunderland
  • Options
    Bryan Robson
  • Options

Powell

Yeah - amazing how he 'keeps getting jobs'

Oh... Wait... Isn't this his first job?
  • Options
    Fabio Capello, Martin Jol, Paul Groves,
  • Options
    Jeff Horsefield