Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appalling

Wayne Bridge and Sol Campbell were the jokers for me tonight, both absolute abysmal

Credit to Crouch, Lescott and Becks tonight and i feel sorry for Carson, who was visably nervous and didn't get it together until the second half

McLaren dreadful, please walk and waive your severance you coward, diving down the tunnel two seconds after the end says it all

why why why why why did Mclaren waste half an hour of the first half at 2-0 down of not changing a thing? Amateur, should never work again. and why didn't our hero becks start from the outset with a big lad upfront and him being one of the best crossers of the ball in the world.

Comments

• they wasted to much time doing long balls to crouch. first time they played to his feet he scored. then didn't bother again.

Bridge was awful. i mean i know he's always been s**t, but he wouldnt even get in to a league 1 side with that performance.
  • penalty asside once again the chuckle brothers (fat frank and Gerard) were total and utter garbage. The amount of wasted free kick was laughable .

I feel empty right now and really not looking forward to the summer made even worse by the fact that I didn't have the bottle to lunp a tenner on croatia like I was gonna at 7-1
  • mclaren refuses to go, hanging on for his £10mil - COWARD
  • McLaren can't be blamed for the half-time scoreline in my opinion. He picked a decent line-up from the options available but they played really badly and some terrible errors led to the goals. Where he went wrong was half time. Bring Becks on – good decision. But put Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle? They were both total, utter SHITE in the first half, and they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have worked together in the middle. Why oh why oh why oh why can everyone see it except the England management?
  • gotta say Crouch apart what a pile of shite.The back four awful Bridge shite Richards I will give the benefit of doubt due to youth but christ he was naive at times tonight bombin forward and leaving us exposed.The myth that is Gerrard he was absolute pony,I mean real Pony.People have slagged of Big fat Frank me included.But last 2 matches when super Stevie G has needed to stand up and be counted he has gone missing.
  • Well said Czech addick. I would go a step further because he should have changed it after 15 minutes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Czech_Addick[/cite]McLaren can't be blamed for the half-time scoreline in my opinion. He picked a decent line-up from the options available but they played really badly and some terrible errors led to the goals. Where he went wrong was half time. Bring Becks on – good decision. But put Gerrard and Lampard together in the middle? They were both total, utter SHITE in the first half, and they NEVER, NEVER, NEVER have worked together in the middle. Why oh why oh why oh why can everyone see it except the England management?

I'm sorry this is nonsense. He experimented with a new keeper, changed the formation from what we are used to and which has been relatively successful. Then fails to change it in the first half when we needed to. He persists in playing Lampard and Gerrard, just like Eriksson before him. He brought back Campbell who was crap tonight. He's brought back Bridge who possibly played the worst performance I have ever seen by an England player. We needed a f*cking draw tonight thats all.
  • Not having all the shit about Gerrard. Yes he was pony tonight, but looking at it objectively, both him and Lampard were turd. That's because they were played in the same side - they CANNOT and will NEVER BE ABLE TO play together in midfield. We don't have a better central midfielder in this country than Gerrard - Lampard should be dropped full stop. Compare the way Gerrard played with Barry in the side doing the holding job behind him. Yes he was toss tonight, but you have to play one of them and he's twice the player fat Frank is.

Bridge, however, was utterly atrocious - that might just be the worst performance I have ever seen from an England defender. What really baffles me is that Bridge was by far the worst player on the pitch, we're two down inside 15 minutes with Barry - why not switch him to left back, take Bridge off and chuck Hargreaves on to do the dirty work in front of the back four. Then he could have given Lumpalard and Gerrard until half time, taken one of them off and put Beckham on switching to four in the middle with Wright-Phillips up front to try and get on the end of Crouch's knock downs. We would have had a much more cohseive midfield that might have ended up with someone up supporting so that we didn't just lump it up to Crouch every time we got the sodding ball.

Dismal.

And how the ****er thinks he can stay on after that shambles is utterly beyond me. Get shot of him in the morning and get Mourinho in by the end of the week - no ****ing about - pay the useless **** off and get a manager in who knows what he's doing and isn't afraid to changte things during a game
  • Leroy - fantastic point about dragging Bridge off and moving Barry back. Really thought we missed Hargreaves tonight doing that job at an international level.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]gotta say Crouch apart what a pile of shite.

How can you blame Crouch? Up there on his own with game plan for Cole and SWP to support him, which they didnt.....

Not his fault! I thought he was one of our best players!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]gotta say Crouch apart what a pile of shite.

How can you blame Crouch? Up there on his own with game plan for Cole and SWP to support him, which they didnt.....

Not his fault! I thought he was one of our best players!!!

CD I think you need to read NSS post again. Crouch apart means he thought he was our best player.
  • he was our best player, think you've got the wrong end of the stick Dan on NSS, he said all the others were shite, not Crouch
  • thats what i said you melt crouch apart
  • Thanks for backin me up lads I thought after reading Dans post,the copious amounts of Port I am drinkin had made me brain go funny.
  • only saw the last half hour, and heard the words after we launched another hoof 'and Crouch is the target' about 15 times.

The beautiful game eh ?
  • There isnt much to say after watching that really, a complete and utter embarassment. Lampard's performance tonight ranks amongst some of the worst ive ever seen in my time watching football, cant help but laugh at the money hes raking in for doing fck all, what a farce.
  • As a national we don't have the footballing intelligence to play the likes of Gerrard and Lampard together, or how to defend properly
  • Leroy for England manager! Think you have it mostly spot on there fella.
  • Here's something to consider guys, come Friday night you will be down the pub and similar discussions will be had within earshot of you. Think how many of those discussions sound like the points of view from people who know they're arsehole from they're earhole (many of the ones under a few different threads) then compare that to the amount of second hand repeated 'opinions' of so called experts. Expert being a word I don't like as Ex (no longer, has been) and spurt (pretty ineffective drip) put together don't often make great pairings.

Just a thought.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Not having all the shit about Gerrard. Yes he was pony tonight, but looking at it objectively, both him and Lampard were turd. That's because they were played in the same side - they CANNOT and will NEVER BE ABLE TO play together in midfield. We don't have a better central midfielder in this country than Gerrard - Lampard should be dropped full stop. Compare the way Gerrard played with Barry in the side doing the holding job behind him. Yes he was toss tonight, but you have to play one of them and he's twice the player fat Frank is.

Bridge, however, was utterly atrocious - that might just be the worst performance I have ever seen from an England defender. What really baffles me is that Bridge was by far the worst player on the pitch, we're two down inside 15 minutes with Barry - why not switch him to left back, take Bridge off and chuck Hargreaves on to do the dirty work in front of the back four. Then he could have given Lumpalard and Gerrard until half time, taken one of them off and put Beckham on switching to four in the middle with Wright-Phillips up front to try and get on the end of Crouch's knock downs. We would have had a much more cohseive midfield that might have ended up with someone up supporting so that we didn't just lump it up to Crouch every time we got the sodding ball.

Dismal.

And how the ****er thinks he can stay on after that shambles is utterly beyond me. Get shot of him in the morning and get Mourinho in by the end of the week - no ****ing about - pay the useless **** off and get a manager in who knows what he's doing and isn't afraid to changte things during a game

best post I've read on the whole subject and 100% sums up my thoughts...
  • Sponsored links:

• Totally agree with Leroy. Just to add that alll those underperforming players will no doubt be greeted to a heros welcome when they turn out for their club sides this weekend.
  • It was bad but Bridge was by far the worst
  • [cite]Posted By: Robbo on the wing[/cite]Totally agree with Leroy. Just to add that alll those underperforming players will no doubt be greeted to a heros welcome when they turn out for their club sides this weekend.
    i would hope that all those who prefer England over their club team will boo the shit out of them regardless of who they play for.
  • Nobody seems to have mentioned that both Russia and Croatia have played the most attractive and effective football in this Group. Russia opened us up at the back at Wembley big time and we all got carried away with the result. And Croatia's position at the top of the table is fully justified.

So if we had a really good manager and all the best players were fit would we have qualified? I still dont think so. Only when the big Italian and Spanish clubs start acquiring the best English players may it be an indication that we have World class players. Until then we should all lower our expectations.
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Nobody seems to have mentioned that both Russia and Croatia have played the most attractive and effective football in this Group. Russia opened us up at the back at Wembley big time and we all got carried away with the result. And Croatia's position at the top of the table is fully justified.

So if we had a really good manager and all the best players were fit would we have qualified? I still dont think so. Only when the big Italian and Spanish clubs start acquiring the best English players may it be an indication that we have World class players. Until then we should all lower our expectations.
    Here here
  • Sorry this 'Stevie G' is world class has got to stop... He's world class in a Liverpool shirt. But has never played like that for England ever... At least Fat Frank was playing well for both club and country a few years ago. Whats annoying is that he's one of the most talent footballers in the country but at the moment he's nothing more than the new John Barnes when he pulls on an England shirt

He's the captain last night but totally failed to lead. where was the drive? the fist pumping? the grabing the game by the scruff of the neck as he has done on so many occassions for Liverpool? Instead we got 'Stevie G' International player whose distribution of the ball was woeful, giving the ball away every time it came near him, who doesn't perform in big international games and hides. Appalling performance from a player who should be the lynchpin of the side like Zidane, Totti, Kaka are
  • [cite]Posted By: Imissthepeanutman[/cite]Nobody seems to have mentioned that both Russia and Croatia have played the most attractive and effective football in this Group. Russia opened us up at the back at Wembley big time and we all got carried away with the result. And Croatia's position at the top of the table is fully justified.

I don't want to keep syaing I agree, etc. BUT I have been saying this is an idication of a good state of a national team. When France won the world cup in 1998 I think just one of their team was plying their trade in France. If players such as Gerrard, Lumpard, Terry, Cole et al were so good why aren't big Spanish and Italian sides busting a gut to get them?
  • Great post Leroy, made a lot of sense. Bridge was bad made a lot of errors, Lampard was anonymous...especially in the first half his name was hardly mentioned. Scotty had a howler, his face after the first goal said it all and he didnt recover until the second half. As I mentioned elsewhere, we need a footballing revolution...we need a manager who picks players on merit, not on who they are and an FA who revolutionise the game from grass roots up, and leave the top man to make whatever decisions he wants to make, and that includes dropping the so called star names...the other problem we have is obviously the number of foreign players now playing in the EPL will curb the number of young English players playing at the top level...this needs to be addressed otherwise we will fade into insignificance at International level. On paper we have had possibly the strongest England squad since I was a kid, yet we have underachieved consistently. Everyone needs to play their part...us the fans, the FA and the national press....the pressure they bring to bear and the negativity they spread is a malaise....hang on.....Ive just woken up....I was thinking of Utopia...this is England! same old, same old then....
  • looking at the team

we had Richards playing out of position - he plays centre half for club , chelsea reserves left back, swp in and out of chelsea team, crouch 3rd choice liverpool striker and 2 spurs strikers that can't get on the bench at their club sometimes.

Laughable.

Croatia were awesome
  • but Leroy Frank wont get dropped if Jose comes in