Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Flower "sacked"

That's a bit of a shock. We may have lost the Ashes, but he still seemed to be the best person for the top job in the country; and the Ashes is not the only contest the England cricket teams compete in.

Comments

• How many riots has his sacking caused ?
  • se9addick said:

How many riots has his sacking caused ?

I think it might get quick tasty at the NURSERY End at Lord's...

• Bloody hell, thats a shock. As its been said, ok we lost the ashes, but we had won them with him in charge and played some of our best cricket in years. RD really is wielding his power today.
  • Guess the Cricket board have nipped it in the bud quickly then...
  • Poor work chizz. obvious headline was "manager sacked"

: - )
  • Where does that put CP in the list of longest serving managers?
  • Wow, what a day !
  • Totally humiliated in Australia - his head had to fall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Confirmed he walked, not sacked.
  • England are deflowered...
  • not before time ..
  • Angus Fraser has been appointed as an England selector .. this is a fudge .. he should be selector/manager/head coach
  • Angus Fraser has been appointed as an England selector .. this is a fudge .. he should be selector/manager/head coach

Can't agree with you on that one Lincs.
  • Riviera said:

Angus Fraser has been appointed as an England selector .. this is a fudge .. he should be selector/manager/head coach

lol .. in that case ... perm any 2 from 3
  • Riviera said:

Angus Fraser has been appointed as an England selector .. this is a fudge .. he should be selector/manager/head coach

lol .. in that case ... perm any 2 from 3

id be with riv on that one surely a fudge to have him doing 3 jobs and not one ? ..i think we are keen to see anyone apart from Ashley Giles given the job maybe

• Having listened to, and read Angus Fraser ramblings for many, many years, I do not feel he has anything positive or constructive to contribute to English cricket.
  • Sheffield United will come good

• Sponsored links:

• I did not really want to start another thread/discussion on English cricket and selectorial/management f*** ups ... BUT .. Dernbach J has been included in the 20/20 squad for the upcoming international tournament .. W T F !!!
  • Riviera said:

Having listened to, and read Angus Fraser ramblings for many, many years, I do not feel he has anything positive or constructive to contribute to English cricket.

Pays to be Gatting's mate....
  • I did not really want to start another thread/discussion on English cricket and selectorial/management f*** ups ... BUT .. Dernbach J has been included in the 20/20 squad for the upcoming international tournament .. W T F !!!

Ashley Giles is the culprit there. He is not even one dimensional!
  • Moores has officially thrown his hat into the ring.
  • Ashley Giles is not the man for the job. I would go with Tom Moody.
  • dickplumb said:

Ashley Giles is not the man for the job. I would go with Tom Moody.

I agree Giles is not the man for the job. Excellent interview with former Kent man Michael Carberry will show you why - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/mar/31/michael-carberry-england-ashes

I wouldn't mind Moores given another shot. Definitely the best English coach out there. Failing that, appoint a foreigner. Tom Moody or Gary Kirsten. Anyone but Ashley Giles!!

I wouldn't mind Moores given another shot. Definitely the best English coach out there. Failing that, appoint a foreigner. Tom Moody or Gary Kirsten. Anyone but Ashley Giles!!
    This.
  • Why do we need another bloody Saffer or def not an Oz !
    I dont know why we arent looking at home for someone like Giles White - coach of prob the most succesfull limited overs county in Hampshire.
  • Moores is a quality coach, big success wherever he's been... except for england of course.