Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

One possible plus? Home nations...

For the first time since 1984, the home nations of England, Scotland, RoI, Northern Ireland and Wales have all failed to qualify. Will be see a home nations tournament in the summer?

Comments

• we wouldn't even win that...
  • ROI

They are not a home nation and have nothing to do with Britain
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ROI

British Lions?
  • But i would love to see the others all play
  • [cite]Posted By: Eltham_addick[/cite]we wouldn't even win that...
    or qualify
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ROI

A bizarre comment
  • Sorry medders, didnt see your discussion before I started mine, yep agree would love to see it
  • No probs... glad to see i'm not the only one thinking it...

I'm sure the pubs of this country would be behind it... imagine the amount of trade they're likely to lose this summer?
  • isn't it bad enough at the moment without the embrassment of losing to Scotland! lol
  • A very sensible suggestion.

Let's replace Barwick with Medders!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's not, could you imagine Mourinho's reaction when he got one of Medders' special texts?
  • Can you imagine the amount of trouble that there'll be?

I say leave it well alone. Not worth the hassle.
  • We have played Northern Ireland and Wales home and away in recent years with no aggravation. Scotland not that long ago with no serious bother fair one Ireland in Ireland was a mistake but things and times have changed.
  • we need something to fill the void next summer. bring it on.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Let's not, could you imagine Mourinho's reaction when he got one of Medders' special texts?

Do you know something we don't Carter???
  • Northern Ireland would be the defending champions as they won the last one.
  • let's bring in the faroe islands too.
  • and Gibraltar.
  • the isle on Man, Jersey, Guernsey and Alderney too??

f##k we might actually win a few games!!
  • [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Let's not, could you imagine Mourinho's reaction when he got one of Medders' special texts?

Do you know something we don't Carter???

Just don't give him your number or ask to join 'the club'!!

;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• A commonwealth cup?
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]We have played Wales away in recent years with no aggravation.
    FALSE!

I don't think Northern Ireland would be much trouble.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Let's not, could you imagine Mourinho's reaction when he got one of Medders' special texts?

Hey Jose, check this one out... I'm calling it the Carvalho
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ROI

They are not a home nation and have nothing to do with Britain[/quote]

British Lions?[/quote]

Its the Britsih & Irish Lions.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ROI

They are not a home nation and have nothing to do with Britain[/quote]

A bizarre comment[/quote]

Why?

Home Nations (often written as the common noun home nations) is a term used to refer to the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom — England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland — collectively but as separate entities, distinct from the United Kingdom as a state

So were does ROI stand ?
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]ROI

British Lions?

Its the Britsih & Irish Lions.

I know but what I was getting at was Ireland DO have something to do with Britain as in the British Lions, hence the British & Irish Lions
  • edited November 2007
    would love to see a British Isles cup (including ROI) next summer, but can you imagine the fights?? There must be other teams in northern Europe we could also include to broaden it a little?
  • let's just do it as the home counties then.
  • gotta love threadkiller - such an apt name..
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]For the first time since 1984, the home nations of England, Scotland, RoI, Northern Ireland and Wales have all failed to qualify. Will be see a home nations tournament in the summer?

Don't know where you went to school but ROI isn't a home nation. As foreign as France or Germany..