Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

world cup draw

Ive read in some places that the draw is tomorrow and others it is on sunday. Anyone know which is right?

Just having a look at current rankings and in europe wer're 9th. So guessing that means we will have a top seed in our group.

Who do you want to avoid and vice-versa? I know its early but need to get my mind off euros.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=27275&rank=162

Comments

• I thought it was tomorrow

But im normally wrong for most things
  • The draw is on Sunday.
  • [cite]Posted By: stoneroses19[/cite]Ive read in some places that the draw is tomorrow and others it is on sunday. Anyone know which is right?

Just having a look at current rankings and in europe wer're 9th. So guessing that means we will have a top seed in our group.

Who do you want to avoid and vice-versa? I know its early but need to get my mind off euros.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranking/lastranking/gender=m/fullranking.html#confederation=27275&rank=162

There's nine groups though apparently - 8 groups of 6 and 1 group of five so we should be top seeds as well.
  • edited November 2007
    If we have beated Croatia we would have been 8th. ; - (
  • Aha didn't realise there 53 teams going in. Fingers crossed for san marino.
  • FIFA seedings come out today , the draw is Sunday 5pm Durban time so 3pm here
  • i bet we get poland - we always get poland
  • I reckon we will end up with Italy. Oh yeah and Poland just to stuff things up!!
  • Draw has been done and Iceland got Chile
  • Seriously, who really cares?
  • Sponsored links:

• England will not be among the top seeds in the 2010 World Cup qualifying draw after their failure to reach Euro 2008.
    The defeat against Croatia has seen them drop to 12th place - and they have now been leap-frogged by Greece.

This means they are not in the top nine European countries in the draw when it is made in Durban on Sunday.

They are now in the group of second seeds and could possibly face Italy, France or Germany in a potentially hazardous qualifying group.

Scotland have also dropped one place to 14th, meaning they will also be among the group of second seeds.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Seriously, who really cares?

I DO , dont read it if you dont
  • And I do.. have been in a savings scheme for the last two years for South Africa. A country I've not had the pleasure of visiting so thought i woudl couple that with a World Cup.
  • Tavern's a lucky man B to have a wife interested in football.How nice to be able to look forward to a holiday coupled with a world cup.Me thinks you two are going to have a VERY enjoyable life together.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]And I do.. have been in a savings scheme for the last two years for South Africa. A country I've not had the pleasure of visiting so thought i woudl couple that with a World Cup.
    See, that's good planning. I'll decide i want to go a month before the tournament starts and abuse my credit cards!
  • Well me, suzisausage and 3 others started the scheme before i had even met him so actually he's not invited...

ha ha - just kidding...
  • Last time I did a savings scheme for a world cup was 94 in the States and we didn't qualify.Mind you got my bunce back with some interest.
  • thats the thing, you dont miss it going out each month and if it comes to it and we dont qualify - we'll have a very nice holiday anyway.
  • Hope we qualify however top hol
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]thats the thing, you dont miss it going out each month and if it comes to it and we dont qualify - we'll have a very nice holiday anyway.

You should still go to South Africa Curb It - It's a wonderful country to visit.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Seriously, who really cares?[/quote]

I DO , dont read it if you dont[/quote]

We've just been humiliatingly knocked out of the Euro's and now people are talking about the World Cup draw? Who could possibly get interested in this shower of twats and who they play in their next qualifying campaign? While all the fans are moping around next summer when the Euros are on all the 'stars' will be over at Sandy Lane in Barbados not giving a toss.

Anyone who still cares about the national team at this point needs to take a good look at themselves, quite frankly.
  • Im having a good look at myself and yep still going to south africa.... quite frankly.

Yes vancouver its a country i've always wanted to visit, not been that way before. Plan to do plenty of travelling while there... obviously spending as little time as poss in joburg.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Seriously, who really cares?

I DO , dont read it if you dont

We've just been humiliatingly knocked out of the Euro's and now people are talking about the World Cup draw? Who could possibly get interested in this shower of twats and who they play in their next qualifying campaign? While all the fans are moping around next summer when the Euros are on all the 'stars' will be over at Sandy Lane in Barbados not giving a toss.

Anyone who still cares about the national team at this point needs to take a good look at themselves, quite frankly.

Yep, just taken a good look at myself... not pleasant, but just like when Charlton lost the only three games I will see live this season, I am still right behind them. I am not a fair weather fan you see...
  • Algarve - I have been a Charlton fan for nearly 30 years and have been there in the worst of all time so to be called a "fair weather fan" because I can't get worked up about a bunch of multi-millionaires next train wreck of a qualifying campaign is just about the lowest insult you can throw.

I have flown back from Australia to London several times just for Charlton games and when I was there I barely missed a game for nearly 12seasons from 85-97, still, if that's the level of debate you want to stoop to then that's your call.

Clearly, you are one of those poor unfortunate souls that live in a dream world as far as the England national side is concerned and no matter how obvious it may be to to the rest of us you still don't get it, so let me run it past you one more time: The players could not give a toss.

Therefore, anyone with an ounce of reason in their brain at this point is not really all that interested in who we get in the World Cup qualifying draw because Lampard, Ferdinand, Gerrard et al STILL won't give a toss and the FA, the media and the players will still go on treating the fans with absolute contempt because they can no matter how obvious it gets.

Still, who can blame them when there are so many suckers out there?
  • edited November 2007
    Ormy baby,

If you don't care, and don't get worked up, then don't write about it on internet forums! You clearly do care, or you would not have gone to all the time and trouble to write on here, and insult those of us that stick with our teams through thick and thin. By your "millionaires not giving a toss" definition (which I actually agree with, by the way) you could not have been a Charlton fan for thirty years, 'cos last season, we had a squad full of 'em, so you must have stopped supporting the Addicks, the same way you have deserted England!
  • be hardly fair if we draw poland , would mean that they play us at home twice essentialy
  • Croatia, Kazakhstan, Andorra, Belarus and Ukraine!!!

Oh deep joy for away fans!!!
  • All the England fans going to Kazakhstan dressed as borat. Can see it now.
  • we're lucky with who we could have had from pot A, but getting ukraine is tough one.
  • LOL - that looks like one of those documentaries where they send four students on a bus tour round the shitholes of Eastern Europe.

"Altogether now - We all follow the England, over land and sea AND KAZAKHSTAN!"