Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Getting Quarter Final Tickets

I hope we go old school like for Man U back in the day and can only get tickets in person.

Waking up at 5am to go to The Valley with my old man and queue for tickets for hours on end.

Comments

• Think we'll struggle to sell out if on the Sun lunch slot.
  • Think we'll struggle to sell out if on the Sun lunch slot.

I don't
  • I hope I'm wrong mate - I usually am.
    If the club offer free/subsidised travel that might change things.
  • edited February 2014
    I think if it's a weekend fixture we will sell it out. It's going to be one of the biggest games in our history, a chance to grace the famous wembley turf in an FA Cup semi final. Jesus we couldn't even do this as a premier league club.

Where's the famous palace now??
  • And are out the FA Cup and could still come down. Theres ya famous palace now.
  • I didn't queue for my ticket for Old Trafford '94.
  • WSS said:

I hope we go old school like for Man U back in the day and can only get tickets in person.

Waking up at 5am to go to The Valley with my old man and queue for tickets for hours on end.

Provided it's not the same ticket fiasco as that game and the Swindon play off game
  • Anyone who wants one will more than likely get one ......and hopefully some might get the bug and turn up at a few more away games ahem
  • i certainly think the tickets should be sold on a basis of first batch should be offered to those who bought wednesday tickets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Id ysually advocate that palarsehater but for this straight on general sale - no time for restrictions. If we get the full 5700 then everyone who deserves one will get one I'm sure.
  • hmm true, just hope im able to purchase over the phone as i cant just nip down to the valley, hopefully its 2 tickets each.
  • Ticket's should be done the normal way but obviously just a day inbetween changing. Fair play to those who went to Wednesday but wouldn't exactly be fair if somebody who's gone to just Wednesday away get's priority over someone who's gone to say Doncaster, Wigan and Bolton.
  • 9 days until the game, I guess 7 postal days to go.... It's going to be tight
  • 4 away games purchase history for the 1st day and then on general i think would be a fair way of doing it or phone sales 1st 2 days then only in person from the valley.
  • 4 away games purchase history for the 1st day and then on general i think would be a fair way of doing it or phone sales 1st 2 days then only in person from the valley.

That's me out then :) 500 mile round trip just to the valley and home
  • Hope it's the Saturday. Doesn't look like EastCoast have trains up on the Sunday morning (although there are trains back later in the afternoon).
  • WSS said:

Remember sitting by the door of my house waiting for my dad to walk through the door hoping he'd managef to.get tickets
  • VG and anyone who went to Oxford, Hudders or Sheff W first, surely? Then season tickets then general sale.

I'm guessing you've done 4 aways this season...;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• those who have already purchased for Millwall first then a bun fight for the rest.

Seriously, with 5,700 up for grabs everyone that wants one will get one. We are going to Brammall Lane, not Old Trafford, and it's live on TV.
  • VG and anyone whole went to Oxford, Hudders or Sheff W first, surely? Then season tickets then general sale.

In an ideal world yes BUT the game is in 10 days. People will be waiting to book travel.
    Plus 5700 will be enough I'm sure.
  • Think it all depends on the time of the game tbh, had a quick look and trains are gonna cost a fair whack. Mega Bus or some sort of national coach might be best bet, but not sure when the latest return journey would be.
  • Remember queing up for the last remaining tickets for the QF at Bolton, left home (Well Hall Road) at 4am got to the Valley around 5am, think I was around 10th in the Que......managed to get 7-8 tickets (mind you I needed a season ticket for each one). Shame about the game can still see that miss near the end by Kinsella.
  • moleo88 said:

Think it all depends on the time of the game tbh, had a quick look and trains are gonna cost a fair whack. Mega Bus or some sort of national coach might be best bet, but not sure when the latest return journey would be.

This - convinced we'll only sell out if free/subsidised travel.
  • I really do not think there is any need for anyone to start getting their knickers in a twist over tickets at Sheffield Utd.
  • No chance of selling 5700. Even 3000 would be great.
  • moleo88 said:

Think it all depends on the time of the game tbh, had a quick look and trains are gonna cost a fair whack. Mega Bus or some sort of national coach might be best bet, but not sure when the latest return journey would be.

This - convinced we'll only sell out if free/subsidised travel.
    Give it a rest mate.
    The club should not have to encourage fans to get to this game.
    The boys have done very well to get this far...and our fans will want to get up to Sheffield to support them whatever the allocation we will sell it , no doubt.

Also have the previous 'operations' not taught us anything?!

Think you're wrong, although the club would be sensible to make the coaches cheaper than £22. More important to get the maximum number of people there than focus on making £300 profit on a coach, given the rewards at stake.

One of the biggest games in Charltons history, il'l be shocked if wedo not sell all we are given