Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone think they have seen spirit/ghost??

I no it sounds abit mental!

But I saw something when I was 14 , I'm 22 now and ever since I saw what I did I have always been very intrested in the paranormal and hearing if other people have experienced anything?

Basically my experience was when I was moving house

I used to live in welling and we was looking to move house to a more rural location around Hadlow near tonbridge. My aunt lived with her family in Hadlow and me and my mum temporary lived with them whilst we were in the process of buying a house, also I had to start my new school so this was ideal.

I slept in the living room on a fold out bed . And my mum slept just across the room on the sofa.

I woke up very late one night around 2. I saw a figure at the end of my bed , it looked like it was crouching abit tucking the end of my bed in. I automatically thought it was my mum , I even said out loud "mum leave it go back to bed" . I rolled over then seeing my mum fast asleep on the sofa.... I put the duvet over my head and litteraly didn't look out until 1 hour ish later as I'm not going to lie I was petrafied! There was nothing there when I looked again.

I have never been so scared in my life! And please no taking the piss ;) .

My mum always said it could of been my nan as she died a few years before and she was very close with us all.

I do always wonder If I was imagening it as I had only just woke up . But I litteraly saw someone and I do realy believe it was a spirit!

What also was intresting was my aunt is religious and often went to -spiritualist church.

Anyone else had any experiences at all ?

Comments

• yes I believe so in Barbados on hols, there was a thread on it already with some great stories if someone can find it you will see you aint alone
  • I am a complete cynic about all this stuff but I had an experience about 3 years ago at an old hotel in the West Midlands that I cannot explain. Very long story so won't bore you all but sufficient to say that I was woken in the night and heard a number of sounds and saw a number of things, all of which I managed to find an explanation for but was nevertheless petrified. I subsequently discovered that my story was a common one and that the hotel has a big reputation among ghost hunters. Happy to share the details if anyone is into this sort of thing.
  • Took a photo of a ghost in carisbrooke castle in the isle of wight. Didn't know it at the time but when it got developed there was a faded figure standing on the battlements looking down. Dressed in very old military gear. Was about 11 when i saw it, hid it under my bed and it disappeared.

Had sleep paralysis a couple of times when i thought some one came into my room and was heading towards me in my bed whilst unable to move and my eyes were sealed shut. There's a biological explanation for it though.

Have you thought it could have been your Aunt Clarkey? She could have been sleepwalking perhaps. Always seems to be a possible logical explanation for these things whether it actually was a person or a hallucination brought on by other external factors.
  • Don't laugh but a few months after my father in law died I was driving towards my house and saw him clear as day walking down my drive towards the front door, I promise I wasn't pie eyed! I am usually the biggest cynic regarding this subject but I this incident was so clear, really made me think. Pass the straightjacket please.
  • When we 1st moved into our previous house we would hear movement on the landing upstairs at night.
    Initially thought it was the house settling but then worked out it was footfall and sounded like a child's due to the lightness of it.
    I would check on our then 3 yr old but she was fast asleep.
    After a while the security bar on the front door would shut once everyone had come home. A couple of times the curtain across the front door was seen to move (couldn't have been a breeze). We would also hear our daughter chatting to someone on her room.
    Both the wife and I spoke about it and had separately seen and heard all of this but not wanting to seem daft had not said anything to each other.

We both said we had a feeling it was a girl of 10-12 (don't ask why) but that we had the feeling she was happy with us there. This went on for a couple of years.
    A few years later my wife spoke to an old mate who claimed to have a "connection" but didn't give her any info other than we thought we had a spirit in the house.
    She came around and said it was a girl of 9 who had once lived there with her family. She had died and they had moved on but her spirit hadn't.
    She said she was 9 and that she liked having us (a family) in the house and that she was locking the door to keep us safe. Once this communication happened all of the above stopped.
    At no point did we feel scared.
  • I am a complete cynic about all this stuff but I had an experience about 3 years ago at an old hotel in the West Midlands that I cannot explain. Very long story so won't bore you all but sufficient to say that I was woken in the night and heard a number of sounds and saw a number of things, all of which I managed to find an explanation for but was nevertheless petrified. I subsequently discovered that my story was a common one and that the hotel has a big reputation among ghost hunters. Happy to share the details if anyone is into this sort of thing.

Very intrested to hear ? :) sorry just realy into this sort of thing ever since my experience.
  • I am going to see Derek Accora tomorrow night with the missus , I am fascinated with this sort of stuff , I know he plays on the whole spirit guide thing, but the price was reasonable the location very local, so I think it worthy of the money, I am not expecting anything, but with my dad, the wife's parents all dead at young ages I hope something may come up
  • Took a photo of a ghost in carisbrooke castle in the isle of wight. Didn't know it at the time but when it got developed there was a faded figure standing on the battlements looking down. Dressed in very old military gear. Was about 11 when i saw it, hid it under my bed and it disappeared.

Had sleep paralysis a couple of times when i thought some one came into my room and was heading towards me in my bed whilst unable to move and my eyes were sealed shut. There's a biological explanation for it though.

Have you thought it could have been your Aunt Clarkey? She could have been sleepwalking perhaps. Always seems to be a possible logical explanation for these things whether it actually was a person or a hallucination brought on by other external factors.

I don't think it could of been her as I did ask her the next morning and she had no idea and also the door to the hall way and upstairs was litteraly right next to my head so I would of heard her go past me I would of thought.

Although sometimes I do think maybe I was still part dreaming but I will never no , but it did seem like I was awake I can remember it as if it was yesterday

• When I was 20 I too had an experience. Witnessed 2 people talking in my empty flat right in front of my face - but I was alone and believe me it happened and I cannot explain it. Nothing since and that was 30 years ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had loads of experiences I can share @North_Stand_Clarkey‌
    PM me your email address and I'll share with you
  • sorry off topic

alright Dan glad to hear from you pal hows things
  • I am going to see Derek Accora tomorrow night with the missus , I am fascinated with this sort of stuff , I know he plays on the whole spirit guide thing, but the price was reasonable the location very local, so I think it worthy of the money, I am not expecting anything, but with my dad, the wife's parents all dead at young ages I hope something may come up

I hope you manage to get someone come through. My aunts been to spiritualist readings and had so much stuff said to her which all adds up and makes sense . Something's which cannot just be guessed. All very intresting
  • I'm good fella. You?
    See you in Sheffield?
  • Think I saw Danny green start against qpr but might of been a spirit cos it didnt last long.
  • yeah I have always wanted to go to one, so I thought I would start here, then go to smaller more one on one readings
  • You guys are almost as nuts as those religious folk!
  • yeah mate, sheff going to be mental, cant wait have to make sure we meet up
  • Original thread if anyone is interested, some cracking stories http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48453/ghostly-encounters/p1
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Original thread if anyone is interested, some cracking stories http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/48453/ghostly-encounters/p1

Cheers j block will have a look through
  • total b@llocks, where's ackworth.
  • Not sure mate. I've been around animals when I've felt a presence and their reaction had convinced me it's more than just the mind playing tricks

Very intrested to hear ? :) sorry just realy into this sort of thing ever since my experience.
    Oky doky here we go. I stayed at Hampton Manor just outside Hampton in Arden, It is a former sanatorium that has been beautifully renovated into a posh hotel. I stayed there on business three or four times over a period of a couple of months. The first night I stayed in a beautiful room called Henry de Montford with a stand alone bathtub in front of the bed and an old turret converted into a bathroom. I was woken by what seemed to be a loud bang on my door. I felt the light come on and heard a sort of "phsssshsst" noise. Then it felt like something was picking up the bottom of my duvet and shaking it. I tried to get up to see what was going on but felt as though I was being held down (not forcefully) and couldn't move. I eventually was able to look up and saw a shape like a lady wearing a gown at the bottom of the bed disappearing into the turreted bathroom. I put the bang down to people in the next door room, the "psshsst" down to the CD player and the sensation of the light coming on as a proxy for me waking up. I struggle to explain the duvet and managed to convince myself that the lady was a hallucination. This was in the dead of night and I had not been drinking heavily. It gave me a good old shake up but I managed to pass it off and go back to sleep. However, I mentioned it to the receptionist when checking out and she shrugged me off. I discovered that in fact there had been no guests in the adjoining room. I stayed again the following week and saw a different receptionist. They had booked me into the same room and I asked to be moved. She asked why and when I recounted the story she went as white as a sheet. She ushered me outside and told me that she and her partner had stayed in that room as a staff treat a few months earlier and her partner had woken screaming in the middle of the night. I had word for word just described the same story that he had told her. The previous receptionist had shrugged me off because the owners were close by and they had banned the staff from discussing ghostly happenings for fear of spooking the guests. She then told me a number of other stories about the place. In particular, the room I had the experience in had been troubled by lots of flies. Even after it had been totally renovated and redecorated the flies returned. They then had the room fumigated and specially treated. Once again the flies returned. When the new owners completed the extensive renovation of thee hotel, they invited the elderly former owners round for dinner, during which the old owner asked how they were doing with the infestation of flies in the room! According to my wife who is into all this, flies are a common sign of a spirit presence. As I say, I am a cynic and I have returned to the hotel and to the room in question without incident, albeit without feeling entirely comfortable. But the experience was vivid and very real.
  • edited February 2014
    see the piss taking don't take long to come on that other thread mate brave call this thread

edited as others had posted and I don't want peple to think the piss take quote was aimed at any on here
  • edited February 2014
    i dont really believe in all this stuff but (always a but) this is 100% true and happened to me about 7 years ago.

I was siting one night reading and for some reason laying across the chair with my back against the front wall. A thought just popped into my head saying " if a car come through the garden and into the wall it could break your back"-----------it was such a weird thought it threw me off what i was reading and i got up to make a cup of tea. In seconds there was a screech of breaks ,huge loud smashing/ crunching noise and the sound of people shouting. I hadnt even got to the kitchen. When i opened my front door people were running past the house. A car had shot across the road clipped my neighbours wall ,gone through the next two gardens and ended up on its side in the next one.
    Freaked me out totally, yes i know it didnt actually touch my property but fuck knows where that thought came from and in less than a minuet later a car slames through the neighbours front garden . I started phoning loads of people and basically babbling on about it.

I dont have Stephen Kings "Shining" or Dean Konetz "Twilight eyes" and nothing like that has happened since .
  • My mum died when I was in my mid 20's and my birthday was about 3 weeks later.I was in bed on my birthday morning, felt the covers be pulled back slightly,heard my mum say happy birthday and then felt a kiss on the back of my neck. It was two minutes before my alarm went off so I thought I was dreaming! I touched both sides of my neck and it was old where the kiss was and warm the other side!!

A lot of strange things have happened to my dad since. We convinced him
  • My mum died when I was in my mid 20's and my birthday was about 3 weeks later.I was in bed on my birthday morning, felt the covers be pulled back slightly,heard my mum say happy birthday and then felt a kiss on the back of my neck. It was two minutes before my alarm went off so I thought I was dreaming! I touched both sides of my neck and it was old where the kiss was and warm the other side!!

A lot of strange things have happened to my dad since. We convinced him

Oops wrong button. We convinced him to try internet dating so he took a selfie of himself. When he downloaded the photo it was blurred, you could clearly see my mum's face within the blurr
  • GH

I had a row with my mum when I was about 14, before school, on my way home from school my mum was walking up bloomfield road by the bag o nails pub , she was telling me to cross the road tpo the side opposite the pub by the shop, she never met me on this road from school, but said she felt the need to meet me as she had a dream that I was involved in an accident on this road, as she said this to me a car hit a motor bike and it hit the pub wall, right where I was 1 min earlier