Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What's the latest you've arrived for a game.

Seems plenty of punters like to leave early but have you ever not made it or arrived really late.

Comments

• The Newcastle game a couple of seasons ago. Still can't remember at what point I turned up or the score I remember seeing Bowyers oggy though. I also remember having the MOAH
  • 2nd half. Think it was Villa at home - too drunk to leave the place we were drinking and I once came home from holiday and got to a game purposelessly for the last 20 minutes.

Otherwise I absolutely hate missing the players come out of the tunnel.

Since living here I have also noticed that American sports fans notoriously turn up late for games (and leave really early) - but then when each game lasts 4 hours I suppose you can afford to be 30 minutes late!
  • I missed a home match against Barnsley completely about 10 years back because of roadworks and an accident on the A2.
  • I Missed an away game at Grimsby because of bad weather only got as far as the midlands and had to turn back.
  • Lets keep on topic guys
  • Got to Stoke's old ground into the 2nd half after breaking down on the M6. Walked into the terrace and loads of people were going 'oh, were you the ones who had broke down ? we drove past you' yeah, thanks.

Last season i was following a Welling cup tie on line and Welling equalised with ten mins to go. Raced down there as i thought i'd see the extra time and possible pens, get in the ground to witness the ref blowing for full time, and everyone start walking out. Welling had scored another in between !
  • 15 minutes late at palace this season because of scum at sydenham.
  • remember turning up to boro at home in our play off winning year and it being a sell out and having to get the train all the way back again!

other than that, about 30odd mins late against manchester city at home a few seasons back - bloody blackwall tunnel as usual
  • sheff utd fa cup replay early 90s coach burst tyre in the midlands arrived just in time to see steve gatting pull it back to 3-1 with about 15 mins left, only part of the ground with an open gate was the main stand. started to celibrate the goal with about 10 other charlton only for what looked at the time like about 50 or 60 sheff utd fans to pile in to us got punched in the back of head went over the barrier and was chased out of the main stand round the corner flag and into the away end was a crazy day lol those were the days
  • Sponsored links:

• About 20 mins Man City a few years back

Forgot it was a early kick off and went to meet a mate for a drink who then said thought you were going to the game it starts in 5 LOL
  • Went to Southend many moons ago with my Dad. Neither of us had been there before. Couldn't find the ground. In the end spotted the floodlights, then couldn't find anywhere to park. Got into ground just as we kicked off for the second half. I think it ended 1-1
  • Second half, against Ipswich in the playoff-winning season. I think we won 1-0 with the goal in the first half.
  • [cite]Posted By: eddieaddick[/cite]sheff utd fa cup replay early 90s coach burst tyre in the midlands arrived just in time to see steve gatting pull it back to 3-1 with about 15 mins left, only part of the ground with an open gate was the main stand. started to celibrate the goal with about 10 other charlton only for what looked at the time like about 50 or 60 sheff utd fans to pile in to us got punched in the back of head went over the barrier and was chased out of the main stand round the corner flag and into the away end was a crazy day lol those were the days

Remember that well Eddie, you got a warm welcome in the away end after that
  • [cite]Posted By: eddieaddick[/cite]sheff utd fa cup replay early 90s coach burst tyre in the midlands arrived just in time to see steve gatting pull it back to 3-1 with about 15 mins left, only part of the ground with an open gate was the main stand. started to celibrate the goal with about 10 other charlton only for what looked at the time like about 50 or 60 sheff utd fans to pile in to us got punched in the back of head went over the barrier and was chased out of the main stand round the corner flag and into the away end was a crazy day lol those were the days

I was on that coach and amongst those who went in the main stand...
  • 5 mins before half time at the friendly in Ireland against St Patricks Ath.A combination of poor planning,alcohol,and a couple of clueless cabbies.
  • 20 mins late against Chelsea last season at the Valley - My Brother was bringing his new Baby Daughter and his Wife home from hospital and we waited for him to get back - He told his wife that he wouldn't go but she instisted (Top Girl!!) and we made a dash down the A2 to walk in just as Lumpard scored! :-(
  • Half time at Tranmere away because of traffic on M6 and Port Vale away after the exhaust fell off on M1.
  • About 30 minutes into the home game with Norwich about three years ago we Won 4-0 & I think I missed the first two goals. What you don't appreciate turning up how loud the ground sounds from the outside when the home team are winning.
  • Half time - Everton away in the cup. missed the only goal. got in for free.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]Half time - Everton away in the cup. missed the only goal. got in for free.

A very memorable day for all the wrong reasons. Didnt we miss a sitter in the last second which would have taken the game to extra time and more worth the journey up there?..........
  • edited December 2007
    away at Brighton back in the 70's I believe. My dad drove and knew a short cut via Hastings !!!!! turned up 10 mins into the second half on the wettest day ever and found we were 1-0 down to a Mark Lawrenson goal (maybe wrong, but that seems to stick in the mind). Dad had to bung a few quid to the gateman and we got in amongst all the home fans, but the game was a farce. Too much water on the pitch and the continuing bad weather made for little decent football, but we nicked a draw through an Eamonn Rodgers goal towards the end.
  • Man City at Maine Road a couple of years back, got there at the end of half time thanks to problems on the train. Saw Bartlett get the winner though
  • edited December 2007
    I do remember a game against Halifax in about 1974 where there was a hat-trick by Killer in the first twenty minutes. I stood on the old south terrace just by the walk way. A bloke who had just entered the ground after the third goal went in, ran past me. He asked me if we had just taken the lead. I told him the news. His eyes just got wider. He asked me if I was joking. Somebody else confirmed it. What a choker for him. The game finished three nil and he missed all the goals!!
  • Shrewsbury away. Can't remember when it was. I drove, had my route all planned out then saw a sign for Shrewsbury but it was not the turn off I had planned. Like a knob went that way, was taking ages, so driving too fast I went onto a grass island down some country lane and got stuck. Had to pay a local farmer £10 to pull the car off with his tractor and eventually arrived at the ground with 20mins left. I can't even remember the score.
    Happy days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • I think I must of broken all records Saturday surely??

81 minutes on the clock when I turned up. No plastic on me!!
  • i was twenty mins late yesterday,no joke walking down church lane we were fucking loud,got in the ground no noise whatsover,must rise out the ground
  • "Alright mate where are you"

"Lib club"

"Already??"

"It's 2pm fella"

".... f***"
  • The only time i been late for a game was Barnsley away Dec 1998.

Running down that hill towards the away turnstile and then "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES".

Barnsley scored in the second minute. Steve Chettle.

It was a slow walk towards the entrance after that.

Oh well Keith Jones' equaliser made it worthwhile.
  • Late in the second half against Dover Athletic in a pre-season friendly...got on the wrong train, got off at the Priory with only enough money to get into the ground, and had to walk bloody miles.