Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kate Bush - First tour since 1979

Kate Bush announced this morning she will play fifteen gigs at Hammersmith Apollo in August and September.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/kate-bush-on-tour-singer-to-play-first-london-gigs-in-35-years-9207294.html

I'm sure quite a few on here would be interested in this.

Comments

• Wow, unbelievable!
  • Her dad was my Doctor in Plumstead.

Just saying ;-)
  • Fifteen gigs at the same venue is hardly a tour!
  • I went to one of the palladium gigs on her (only) tour. Don't think there's much chance of getting a ticket for these dates. Fans from all over the world will be trying to get tickets.
  • Wicked , i love a bush tour
  • Wicked , i love a bush tour
  • Kate used to live on the Fanny.

Fact.
  • will she sell out 15 gigs ? .. she's been a long time gone (as the blues men sayeth)
  • I reckon will sell out in an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Husband very excited about this, she will definitely sell out the 15 nights - many people waited a long time for her to come back
  • Mrkinski said:

I went to one of the palladium gigs on her (only) tour. Don't think there's much chance of getting a ticket for these dates. Fans from all over the world will be trying to get tickets.

Typical Charlton fan standpoint.....
  • her Dad was my Doctor too ! - love Kate
  • Riviera said:

Mrkinski said:

I went to one of the palladium gigs on her (only) tour. Don't think there's much chance of getting a ticket for these dates. Fans from all over the world will be trying to get tickets.

Typical Charlton fan standpoint.....
    Yeah, I've been Charltonised.

• I remember last year trying to buy tickets online for Kraftwerk's gigs in London and not even being able to load the website. All their gigs sold out in a few minutes. This will be the same. Won't stop me trying again though.
  • I reckon will sell out in an hour.

Sold out in 15 mins this morning. I tried without success.
  • I had a look, but didn't think it was worth those prices.
  • Same here. I mean, I like her, but not that much. Now, if it was Todd Rundgren...
  • will she sell out 15 gigs ? .. she's been a long time gone (as the blues men sayeth)

shows what I know !! .. proof that you can fool some of the people a lot of the time ?
  • I'll rub it in

I got two tickets as a birthday present from the wife (it will still cost me £211 as it was on my credit card!)

Still worth it though as this will be a once in a lifetime gig.

Indigo Joe- Yeah I couldn't get Kraftwerk tickets either hope you had better luck this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw the 1979 tour and it was fairly good but nothing special. £135 for the best ticket seems a bit steep to me. I also hate going to Hammersmith.
  • I just don't think she's worth £211....especially considering she hasn't played for so long. Can see postponements towards the end of the run....22 shows is a hell of a lot.....unless she dives out for a fag halfway through and only plays for half an hour!
  • I'm going twice! First night and again on my birthday (thanks Kimbo).
    I go to a lot of gigs and, although I still enjoy live music, it is a long time since I've felt this level excitement and anticipation about a show.
    Roll on August!!
  • I'm doing two dates as well. I just can't help myself.
  • I'm waiting for Slade.
  • I'm waiting for Buddy Holly
  • So, I got no joy from Ticketmaster. Who did the lucky guys use ?
  • She went to my college. Her song Wuthering Heights was apparently influenced by the place because it was spooky.

It was an old convent/nunnery converted.

The caretaker used to walk the grounds at night and our canteen used to be a chappel. Apparently at night the caretaker would hear singing coming from the canteen!!

Ooooo eeeeeee ooooo!!
  • edited March 2014
    For £135 I would expect to see her bush and the rest.
  • So, I got no joy from Ticketmaster. Who did the lucky guys use ?

I didn't try but my mate got four from See Tickets