Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dani Alves (must see)

Just had a banana thrown at him as he's about to take a corner, he then peeled the banana and ate it!

Comments

• Great response from him
  • edited April 2014
    Haha. That's the way to deal with that.
  • That is the perfect response to it, brilliantly dealt with Dani.
  • 2-0 up at that point. 2 own goals and a messi special later. hahaha
  • fantastic - well done.
  • I wonder if the people that throw bananas all think about the racist connotations of their actions, or there are cases of where they just throw what they are holding, and think about it afterwards... I imagine it is all pre-meditated
  • I wonder if the people that throw bananas all think about the racist connotations of their actions, or there are cases of where they just throw what they are holding, and think about it afterwards... I imagine it is all pre-meditated

Is that a Genuine question ? I'm pretty sure it isn't a coincidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• It just beggars belief that people would do it on so many levels, surely they can be identified from CCTV and by other members of the crowd. Just a Naive idea that some of them might just be complete idiots (they clearly are) and operating along the lines of, "I am holding something, must throw". The likelihood of that is pretty much zilch I know.
  • edited April 2014
    Yep, like the severed pigs head thrown at Figo

Nothing will happen, if the countries national coach can racially abuse other players, national fans can chant monkey noises during an international game then throwing a banana is small change.

How many people go to a football match and take bananas as a snack? I'm sure it makes the beer taste awful for one?! At the same time how many people take bananas to a football match for any reason? Definitely pre meditated!
  • Huge respect for Dani's response, saddened he has to suffer such disrespect, when are we ever going to learn to live with each other in this world
  • Great reaction and well dealt with but ffs its 2014. Surely shit like this should lead to big club fines, a few games where they cant have ANY supporters in the ground or some other fitting penalty sufficiently drastic that the next time someone looks like they are about to act like a prick their own fans pile on them.
  • edited April 2014

....surely they can be identified from CCTV

Spanish football doesn't have the same league requirement rules as us and clubs don't have CCTV systems. They are a bit behind us with stuff like that....similarly they also still have the tall wire fences at some grounds due to fan behaviour.
    When the Spanish football authorities, and too a degree, Spanish society in general decides to really tackle racism then i'm sure they will introduce the cameras...they just ain't there yet though.

In fact the Spanish Football authorities rarely punish clubs for racist fan behaviour, again mirroring the general society view of apathy towards the subject.
    Attitudes appear to be changing though. This Alves incident is apparently big news in the Spanish sports press with very strong support for him and his actions. He even tweeted after the game thanking the banana chucker for giving him food/energy to play on....and as others have said, Barca came back to win 2-3.

Obviously a great response to the incident from Alves. He instantly spun it round back on the abuser with an air of contempt which it deserved. I mean lets face it, chucking bananas....how pathetic/pitiful is that? He showed up his banana thrower, and all the other banana throwers, as the mugs that they are.

Who takes a banana to a football match? Clearly it's pre-meditated.

Coins on the other hand are probably more heat of the moment.
  • edited April 2014

I wonder if the people that throw bananas all think about the racist connotations of their actions, or there are cases of where they just throw what they are holding, and think about it afterwards... I imagine it is all pre-meditated

How many people go to a football match and take bananas as a snack? I'm sure it makes the beer taste awful for one?! At the same time how many people take bananas to a football match for any reason? Definitely pre meditated!
    I have bu then I sit in upper west and d rink bovril too.

S next season lace the banana with a laxative .... See a Few Alves runs after that
  • I do often eat bananas at football matches, it's a vital part of the match day picnic. I know it's pre-meditated, just hoping for more innocent reasons. Naivity indeed
  • Unfortunately bananas have become your classic racists fruit of choice....never take 'em to a match! :-P
  • Sponsored links:

• It is fantastic to see the response that this has generated

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-27191333

and a quick slideshow of some of the pictures...

http://www.marca.com/albumes/2014/04/28/deportistasracismo/index.html
  • Paul Mortimer just on itn news talking about it
  • Back in the day, Vince Hilaire could have a run a fruit stall on a Sunday morning after the stuff he got thrown at him on a Saturday.
    I read somewhere that Leeds fans would take whole bunches of banana's to a game.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68368372 

A court in Spain has found former Barcelona and Brazil footballer Dani Alves guilty of raping a woman in a Barcelona nightclub.

• One of ours would of sent the corner direct to their first defender, slipped on the banana and done his cruciate, then spent 6 months out!
  • What a total piece of shit. He could probably pull as many women as anyone could want yet is such a pathetic human being that he needs to assert his dominance. Hope he enjoys prison.
  • Chizz said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68368372 

A court in Spain has found former Barcelona and Brazil footballer Dani Alves guilty of raping a woman in a Barcelona nightclub.

Married millionaire celebrity and general good looking bloke - why oh why would he rape someone and think he can get away with it?  

Now going to spend 4 years in prison.

i just cannot begin to understand what goes through someone’s head in times like this 
  • Swisdom said:
    Chizz said:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68368372 

Married millionaire celebrity and general good looking bloke - why oh why would he rape someone and think he can get away with it?  

Now going to spend 4 years in prison.

i just cannot begin to understand what goes through someone’s head in times like this 
    No amount of money or fame or looks will change being a piece of s**t unfortunately
  • One of the all-time greats. Now he will only be remembered for one thing.