Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Campbell

edited December 2007 in Other Football and Sports
Campbell reckons abuse towards players has got out of hand. Really? I thought it had got quite tame.

Two quotes stick out to me from within the drivel on BBC website:

"I am an international player who has given his whole career to club and country. I think I deserve more than this. "

Well he has been paid reasonabley well - he hasn't actually done it in a voluntary capacity.

"If this happened on the street you'd be arrested."

So, let's turn this around, perhaps we should start arresting these morons everytime they throw a punch, or call the ref something , or one finger salute the crowd????........

Pricks - the lot of them!!

Comments

• Always thought at least one of the songs Spurs fans sing is beyond the point
  • well they only one finger salute the crowd in answer at stick given to them so in my eyes good luck to them.

but their behaviour on the pitch towards refs etc and some of the tackles going about at the moment I make you right.
  • If you or I cock up at work we are abused by employers, customers, fellow employees or whoever else we have dropped in it. Many of us earn less in a year than these parasites earn in a week.

Campbell that "international player who has given his whole career to club and country" along with the rest of the squad screwed up bigtime a few weeks ago against Croatia. He therefore should expect to take the adverse consequences of that just as any other worker in any other sector would have to.

It is arrogance in the extreme on his behalf to expect any other treatment.
  • Heard some of this on the radio this morning - aaahh didums - talk about egos!

Some players should be sacked after their performances - dont think the PFA would agree with that!
  • I think Campbell complaints are about the stick he's getting from Spurs fans, and still gets, when Spurs fan sing songs that contain the lines;

and we don't give a f*** if you're hanging from a tree,
    you judas c*** with HIV

He's allowed a moan
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I think Campbell complaints are about the stick he's getting from Spurs fans, and still gets, when Spurs fan sing songs that contain the lines;

and we don't give a f*** if you're hanging from a tree,
    you judas c*** with HIV

He's allowed a moan

80 grand a week is a good enough reason to just take it on the chin!! what a prick campbell is, he said he wouldnt go, he did, and to their biggest rivals! Made a rod for his own back chap!
  • My old Dad taught me about "sticks and stones".

Now he has gone to the press to have his moan, you can bet your bottom dollar that the level of abuse will now increase - people love it when they no it is getting to you.
  • The £80k a week thing is not a consideration in this, I do hate the attitude which says that someone earns a good living you can abuse them to their hearts content. He went to win something, which he never would have done at White Shite lane

AND I better if the players do give it back, fans would run off to the police and complain.
  • This really pee'd me off!!

Point taken that sometimes 'we' (as football fans) do overstep the mark but I'm not entirely sure what he's trying to achieve with this, I think instances of 'stepping over the mark' are few and far between, generalising and whining about how hard done by the poor footballers are when the crowd shout at them is ridiculous.

The fans who sing stuff like the sick Spurs song will see even more reason to now and a lot of those more level headed fans, such as myself, will find Campbell's comments arrogant and something that will further divide players and the people who pay their wages. Should we ask him if he has any requests before the game? Maybe he has a headache and would like us to sit in silence? Or finds it more relaxing if we all hum Nessum Dorma for him?

Love the game though I do I sometimes wish it'd financially implode upon itself and screw these arrogant gits over completely (though too late for Campbell - his money's well made now). I took particular issue with the same comment as Len "international player who has given his whole career to club and country". Does he want us to thank him for all he's done? Was he doing it out of the goodness of his heart, as a special favour to us? The bloke's pathetic.
  • Sol Campbell has only ever been in it for himself, when he left the Spuds it was because of money and he only went to Portsmouth because they gave him a massive sign-on. I'm sorry but this man really has no loyalty to anyone, when he went to his teams biggest and most hated rivals what did he expect?
  • Sponsored links:

• MCSMCS
    edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The £80k a week thing is not a consideration in this, I do hate the attitude which says that someone earns a good living you can abuse them to their hearts content.

why not, i earn fantastic money, and i take shit everyday, abuse, work not done i get rollocked, and i do it without moaning about that cos the money is fantastic! If i was earning 80 grand a week, or whatever silly money it is, i wouldn't be bothered about a pathetic song some tottenham fans were singing to me! I would be laughing on the other side of my face, not whining about how hard done by i was! This, imo is un defendable (is this a real word lol!!??!)
  • for £80k per week, you can call me any name under the sun. you can call all my family names if that's what you want to do.

£80k per week will buy me some really good ear plugs to block it all out!!
  • edited December 2007
    I'm inclined to agree with Rothko to a point in that the song is a bit much, but then does anyone expect anything less from the vermin who sing it?

However, my view is if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. My manager would be happy to de-mote and cut my pay if I felt I couldn't handle the pressure he puts on me. If I have to deal with a customer and he has the ache about something and insults me I take it and smile back at them (as much as I'd like to rip their heads off and sh*t down their necks but that's neither here nor there) because at the end of the day without them paying my wages I'm up the creek somewhat.

Hence I would not bite the hand that feeds me. Ever.

i just cannot find it within myself to have sympathy for someone who is in such a priveledged position who then moans about it.

Sticks and stones eh 1905
  • [cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The £80k a week thing is not a consideration in this, I do hate the attitude which says that someone earns a good living you can abuse them to their hearts content.

why not, i earn fantastic money, and i take shit everyday, abuse, work not done i get rollocked, and i do it without moaning about that cos the money is fantastic! If i was earning 80 grand a week, or whatever silly money it is, i wouldn't be bothered about a pathetic song some tottenham fans were singing to me! I would be laughing on the other side of my face, not whining about how hard done by i was! This, imo is un defendable (is this a real word lol!!??!)

Fine, do you mind if I come into your office, and call you a front bottom all day then, for no other reason then I don't like the colour of your shirt?
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: 1905[/cite]My old Dad taught me about "sticks and stones".

Now he has gone to the press to have his moan, you can bet your bottom dollar that the level of abuse will now increase - people love it when they no it is getting to you.

Where did you read this? G.A.Y. Monthly?
  • MCSMCS
    edited December 2007
    do it mate, i earn well so all in a days work!! ;-)

btw, front bottom, lolol

also *edit* remember o work in the print, so a standard days work for me!!!
  • edited December 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]

Fine, do you mind if I come into your office, and call you a front bottom all day then, for no other reason then I don't like the colour of your shirt?

Rothko, I agree with what you're saying to an extent but so far as I know you don't pay MCS's wages! And he wasn't fully aware when he took the job that you'd be stood there calling him a front-bottom all day long.

I don't think someone's salary justifies overstepping the mark but he went into it with his eyes open and has acted like a self interested tosser for his whole career. Players who act with a bit of decency and deserve respect tend to get it (how many times have you heard Chris Powell get slated?), players who act like tossers tend to get told as much, sometimes the line is crossed which I'm not condoning but what did he expect when he signed for Arsenal? For free? After Tottenham had made him. A carriage clock thanking him for his service?
  • its just a song tho, means nothing, just words sung by drunks or bitter 9 to 5ers, so i cant believe there is anyone defending the melt at all! Good debate tho!
  • edited December 2007
    Rothko, if he earns 80k a week and you contribute to that then fire away having a go at him at his work place. otherwise shut the fec k up u being an apologist for no mark carnts. I could understand iot if you were his agent, but for anyone else to stick up for him and his like just makes no sense.

I have had enough of whining footballers. They have a choice if they dont like being followed by the press, followed by money grabbing women (men in your case Sol you hypocrite*) or listening to what the manager or fans say. If you dont like it go and work as a cleaner, as a food server in McDonalds as a road sweeper, whatever you want, but stop your whining as we just dont buy it anymore you greedy carnts.

*far too often to be just allegedly, though I believe him and the lovely Skylet his agent, plus Lennox says it aint true either, so if a lady' man like Lennox says so then it must be a lie.
  • "My old Dad taught me about "sticks and stones".

He also told you that masturbation would stunt your growth Dave, so believe everything he said!!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]"My old Dad taught me about "sticks and stones".

He also told you that masturbation would stunt your growth Dave, so believe everything he said!!

I already owe you a slap mate. Stone just whispered to alert me to this little ditty which I missed:

He's tall, he's thick, he's got a little dick, 1905, 1905.

Thank you Stone, or should I say "Santas Little Helper"
  • It was too good to be wasted.
  • LOL!

Nothing like good banter! :o)
  • If Sol can't stand the heat then he should get out of the kitchen.

Racist and homophobic stuff is out of order but if players/managers can't handle the stick then they should pack it in.

My personal favourite was the song to Stan Collymore: "You're mad and you know you are."

Campbell is one of those blokes who thinks that because he has a lot of money that he is intelligent, he's not.
  • Agree with you Ormiston....... Although if Campbell had singled the spuds fans out rather than implied them I would have totally agreed with him.
  • Yes, the song that the Spurs fans sing is out of order and I don't agree with that at all. But, quite frankly, that shower of shit that lost to Croatia (especially Lampard, Gerrard and the like) deserve to be booed for that crap and Campbell's whingeing is really hard to stomach.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Yes, the song that the Spurs fans sing is out of order and I don't agree with that at all. But, quite frankly, that shower of shit that lost to Croatia (especially Lampard, Gerrard and the like) deserve to be booed for that crap and Campbell's whingeing is really hard to stomach.

Yes that song is out of order but it's spuds fans in general that I detest....... Yes the whining really is hard to take, shit happens Campbell just get on with it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Steve Dowman[/cite]plus Lennox says it aint true either, so if a lady' man like Lennox says so then it must be a lie.
    A lady man? Is that Annie Lennox?
  • The point that Campbell seems to be missing is that he is paid as a footballer to entertain us/ represent his club and country. If I go to the theatre or a concert and don't like what I see, I'll get up and walk out and tell people that I thought it was a load of cr*p and not worth the money. That's my right as a member of the paying public. OK, Rothko, I agree that that particular song goes a bit far, but I have no sympathy at all with the such overpaid arrogance. And to compare insults to racism is just plain STUPID. Yes, I do mean you, Campbell.
  • Lady man.

Annie Lennox or Navratilova.

The latter would flatten Lennox (A)