Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jackson Speech...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w1MaRN4X7Bk

What a skipper. Any other videos of last night?.....

Comments

• top man....top skipper....you could see when he scored just how much it meant to him, fingers crossed he cau persuade a few others to sign contracts
  • Gobsmacked at JJ's performance last night. He was absolutely dead on his feet when he came off on Saturday. Top man.
  • I said before the game that he should be dropped for the final two games as more and more games seem to have passed him by recently. Very happy to say I was quite wrong.
  • He played like a true captain from the kick off. His presence and attitude in those first minutes gave me confidence we were going to do it, and without him I think we might have messed it up.
  • se9addick said:

I said before the game that he should be dropped for the final two games as more and more games seem to have passed him by recently. Very happy to say I was quite wrong.

Completely agree.

For a couple of years I have felt games have passed him by but last night he was excellent. I even said to my brother in law that it was the type of game he would score in. A true captain's performance last night.

• Perhaps somebody could knock up a Jacko appreciation video...
  • shirty5 said:

Half a yard slow in his legs, but a yard quicker with his footballing brain. Timed that run for the 2nd goal to perfection last night. Best captain since Kinsella.

Not as good a player obviously, but a better captain than Kinsella, as he's much more vocal. Kinsella led by example, but wasn't the sort to gee things up on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• His effort and attitude and committment to the cause cover up for his tiring legs

How lucky did he get for last nights goal , i thought he had a swipe and got lucky with how the ball fell ,although he reacted to finish it off brilliantly , good luck for him and us for once !

• "Proud to be Captain of this great club" - that's the kinda stuff I wanna hear.

Love Jacko to bits, proper Captain.
  • Absolutely love him, every team needs a leader like that.
  • The passion in the celebration of his goal was amazing, I bloody love the man he's cemented legend status tonight if it wasn't already in doubt.
  • you know your a great CAFC player when the Bermondsey Pony Spotters sing a song about you when we play em
  • shirty5 said:

Half a yard slow in his legs, but a yard quicker with his footballing brain. Timed that run for the 2nd goal to perfection last night. Best captain since Kinsella.

Not as good a player obviously, but a better captain than Kinsella, as he's much more vocal. Kinsella led by example, but wasn't the sort to gee things up on the pitch
    Controversial - not sure I agree with that to be honest but maybe a debate for another time
  • His effort and attitude and committment to the cause cover up for his tiring legs

How lucky did he get for last nights goal , i thought he had a swipe and got lucky with how the ball fell ,although he reacted to finish it off brilliantly , good luck for him and us for once !

But the thing is, he'd arrived there to get that swipe in.

But the thing is, he'd arrived there to get that swipe in.

Agreed, how many of our other players would have the instinct to make that lung busting run into the box from deep
  • Sponsored links:

• Lost count of the amount of times this man has got us out of trouble. The fact that we have a player who has been here for four years and wants to end his career at the club says a lot. There aren't many players out there we are going to get who will love Charlton that much.

This man simply HAS to be Player of The Year for me.
  • cafctom said:

Lost count of the amount of times this man has got us out of trouble. The fact that we have a player who has been here for four years and wants to end his career at the club says a lot. There aren't many players out there we are going to get who will love Charlton that much.

Sorry, but he's definitely not player of the year. Player of the match, even player of the month, but far too often he hasn't managed to be as decisive and influential as he was last night, games have passed him by. I love the bloke, I want him to see out his playing days here and step up as management material, but that performance was the exception not the rule this season.
  • cafctom said:

Lost count of the amount of times this man has got us out of trouble. The fact that we have a player who has been here for four years and wants to end his career at the club says a lot. There aren't many players out there we are going to get who will love Charlton that much.

Not possible because a load of knobs have voted for an ex player
  • you know your a great CAFC player when the Bermondsey Pony Spotters sing a song about you when we play em

Do they?
  • Proper club hero's don't come along too often. Jacko is one immense presence at our club. Magnificent.
  • Jacko has now been elevated to legend status as far as I am concerned. Right up there with the likes if Kinsella, etc

Totally agree with this
  • edited April 2014

What?
    Sorry I thought you said Jackson's peach. (hard)
  • Now you see why when I posted that jacko signed because of his affinity and love for this club I wasn't lying

Jacko and cafc are now both synomonous with each other

He didn't hesitate he didn't question he signed and said thank you

And then he repays you

Johnnie Jackson is a mans man a real man

Thank u JJ
  • I'd agreed he's hit legend status now, up there with some of the best. Loves Charlton and seems like a top bloke.

Hope he can keep playing next season.