Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny Welbeck

Manchester Utd have told Danny Welbeck that he can leave Old Trafford but won't sell him to anyone they consider to be a rival club. So that rules out Burnley, Rotherham and us then! :-)

Comments

• Christ , if I was united I'd sell him to a rival. Would be like playing against ten men with him in the team.
  • Will be interesting to see where he goes from now, his next move will either make or break his career. Would Everton count as a 'rival club'? If not, think that would be a top move for him. Either that, or a move abroad could work.
  • Would think he'll end up at somewhere like Sunderland. Poyet might then let Connor Wickham go to the Hammers.
  • Don't rate Welbeck that much (though he's not as bad as people make out), but think United are silly to sell him until they get players in - they are sorely lacking pace and he's one of their only players who provides it.
  • He is good player, but people who don't know much about football use him as a whipping boy to show off.
  • Works he's nuts off. Gets into good positions. Brave. Eye for a goal. Poor first touch and not technically great.

Not a top four player but a very decent signing at the next level.
  • He's an average player who has got by by being English, willing to work and conveniently placed. His goal tally for a striker or even a winger is poor and he can't ever use his much vaunted pace because he runs looking down at the ball. He's bambi on ice but he works hard. Sunderland is about his level. Manchester United and England are not.
  • Well if he leaves United that could damage his England career...
  • Sponsored links:

• The new Heskey
  • Going abroad would be a great move for him, he would definitely get a lot of respect for it if he did. If he went to someone like Wolfsburg or Seville or a team of that reputation I think that would do him and England the world of good. Agree used as a whipping boy and when he's actually pretty good and still very young.
  • Going abroad would be a great move for him, he would definitely get a lot of respect for it if he did. If he went to someone like Wolfsburg or Seville or a team of that reputation I think that would do him and England the world of good. Agree used as a whipping boy and when he's actually pretty good and still very young.

Don't think his technique is up to European standard tbh.

• Have a lot of time for Wellbeck. I wish he'dgo abroad and have the opportunity to be the main man. Most would have judged Sturridge negatively when played Iin the channels.
    Has had the intelligence in Europe to identify and isolate opposition weaknesses. For England as Rio noticed he doesn't at times. That's often because we overload with one paced cms, who struggle to work a binary strategy let aloneunified unit. And leave our channel players 1 on 2.
    Wish he'd go abroad and play for a top four in Italy or Spain. If Adel the lethargic terrible can, Danny can.
  • I like welbeck. Least he gives his all even if he hasn't got the greatest ability. Every team could do with a player like him in it

He's still young and his technique isn't that poor, if it was I really don't think any of the United coaches or managers would still have been selecting him, he could definitely cut it in a European league IMO, if he can cut it in the prem, which I think he can, I don't think he would have any problem going abroad once settled that is and it would most definitely aid his technique and make him a better player.
  • edited August 2014

Going abroad would be a great move for him, he would definitely get a lot of respect for it if he did. If he went to someone like Wolfsburg or Seville or a team of that reputation I think that would do him and England the world of good. Agree used as a whipping boy and when he's actually pretty good and still very young.

He's still young and his technique isn't that poor, if it was I really don't think any of the United coaches or managers would still have been selecting him, he could definitely cut it in a European league IMO, if he can cut it in the prem, which I think he can, I don't think he would have any problem going abroad once settled that is and it would most definitely aid his technique and make him a better player.
    I'll buy into that scenario but he's going to command ridiculous premiership salary and fee of what ? £15 million plus and that's me being conservative by a long way. What club outside the mad house of the PL is even going to give it a thought.

• Works he's nuts off. Gets into good positions. Brave. Eye for a goal. Poor first touch and not technically great.

Not a top four player but a very decent signing at the next level.

Not sure he's got an eye for goal. Poor finisher imho.

I'll buy into that scenario but he's going to command ridiculous premiership salary and fee of what ? £15 million plus and that's me being conservative by a long way. What club outside the mad house of the PL is even going to give it a thought.

Agreed. He would have to take a major wage cut, I think he's rumoured to be on about £75,000 a week. Totally ridiculous, yet another reason holding back the English football team from actually doing well...
  • Sponsored links:

• Think even at Arsenal he'd improve loads, I used to be really down on him but when he does get a run upfront in the United team he does tend to score. Spurs another good option for him.
  • He's an average player who has got by by being English, willing to work and conveniently placed. His goal tally for a striker or even a winger is poor and he can't ever use his much vaunted pace because he runs looking down at the ball. He's bambi on ice but he works hard. Sunderland is about his level. Manchester United and England are not.

Good assessment. The only reason he played for England is because he plays for Man U.
    When people say they don't rate him. I think they mean they don't rate him as a player for either Man U or England. That's certainly what I mean, when I say I don't rate him.
  • I thought he was our best player behind Sterling at the world cup. Wasn't exactly hard to stand out but I thought he was solid. If he were to join someone like Hull, Everton, Spurs etc he would make an impact there.
  • He certainly divides opinion.
  • hasn't the price tag of £15 million been mentioned? astronomical if you ask me. Physically a handful with his awkward style but not much else apart from that.
  • hasn't the price tag of £15 million been mentioned? astronomical if you ask me. Physically a handful with his awkward style but not much else apart from that.

He's no Shane Long
  • Great player go.get him bob Fuk delort
  • He'd fit in well with a midtable team like Newcastle.

Depends on his wages though, at a team like United they could be inflated well above his worth.
  • Be mustard here