Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possible Loans

Heard that Charlton may be interested in signing striker Danny Graham on loan, that hasn't really took off by the looks of it. Does anyone know of any other potential loan moves?

Comments

• I think we might wait until January before getting anyone in now.
  • According to the Daily Star, Charlton are lining up a move for him. Personally I think he fits the bill perfectly.
  • He would be great alongside Igor. Get him in now I say. Why wait to improve if we can do it now.
  • Think he could be good to bring in alongside Igor
  • He would be great alongside Igor. Get him in now I say. Why wait to improve if we can do it now.

We might wait until the end of the month so we have a player over Christmas and up until the transfer window opens (maximum length of a short term loan is 93 days).
  • From the Football League paper:
  • Danny Graham going on loan to Brentford
  • Danny Graham going on loan to Brentford

Just like Grant Holt another player we have missed out on, I am sorry I love Big Bob but his rely on youth system could cost us, I know he don't wanna get anyone in on loan for lots of money but do it just until January when you can sign someone else, it needs to be done

Vetokele, Wiggins, Bulot, Gomez all out injured
    Gudmundsson not 100%
    Chris Solly cant play every game

something needs to happen soon, before it costs us big time
  • edited October 2014

Danny Graham going on loan to Brentford

Just like Grant Holt another player we have missed out on, I am sorry I love Big Bob but his rely on youth system could cost us, I know he don't wanna get anyone in on loan for lots of money but do it just until January when you can sign someone else, it needs to be done

Vetokele, Wiggins, Bulot, Gomez all out injured
    Gudmundsson not 100%
    Chris Solly cant play every game

something needs to happen soon, before it costs us big time
    Not sure what costing us big time is. If you meam relegation yhen I am dubious. Any thing else not big time.

From what you read on here I think it is more the owner holding back on new players coming in rather than bob.
  • Sponsored links:

• not sure about blaming Bob...

Who do you blame then
    don't get me wrong if RD is saying he don't want anymore loans then ok
    but ATM its Bob who keeps saying he don't want loans and wants to concentrate on youth

Who do you blame then
    but ATM its Bob who keeps saying he don't want loans and wants to concentrate on youth
    What's he meant to say "yeah I'd prefer not to have a bench of teenagers" and ruin the morale of players already here?

Who do you blame then
    What's he meant to say "yeah I'd prefer not to have a bench of teenagers" and ruin the morale of players already here?
    No but One or 2 players like a Holt, Graham even Wilkinson at RB would of been good cover for Solly just to add the experience when we lose players like Vetokele, Bulot or Solly

Who do you blame then
    No but One or 2 players like a Holt, Graham even Wilkinson at RB would of been good cover for Solly just to add the experience when we lose players like Vetokele, Bulot or Solly
    I'm sure that's what Bob is thinking too. :-)
  • Probably not BP. Most likely RD is sticking to 'see where we are in Jan with current squad'

Rightly/wrongly, I think the squad we've got is the one we'll take into Jan. I think we'll add a couple in Jan regardless of where we are, because the squad is too stretched. Hopefully we'll still be in with a shout by then
  • Bloody hell thought we had got someone in when will I ever learn . (Walks away shaking his head)

Who do you blame then
    you expect Bob to say 'I want two in on loan but Roland says no but he's an idiot what does he know about it'. C'mon Paulie you're surely not that naive. Name me a Manager in the Champ, League 1 and 2 who'd say no to a loan player who'd improve their team? It's not up to Bob.

• Gutted we not getting Danny Graham on loan.
  • Danny Graham has done nothing for 2 years, can't say I'm that bothered about not getting him

this .. Graham is a spent force .. we could do with Donaldson the ex Bee now stuck at Birmingham .. I won't hold my breath though
  • Sponsored links:

• I think RD's money is safe as its all well & good saying that we'll strengthen in jan if we are still there or thereabouts - but by not strengthening now we are more than likely wont be there or thereabouts in jan so RD wont need to spend. QED
  • Sam Gallacher from Southampton?
  • holt would have been a great signing for us
  • Danny Graham has done nothing for 2 years, can't say I'm that bothered about not getting him

this .. Graham is a spent force .. we could do with Donaldson the ex Bee now stuck at Birmingham .. I won't hold my breath though
    6 goals in 18 on loan at Boro in our league last season
    still good enough to play at this level IMO

Donaldson 2 in 14 for Birmingham

6 goals in 18 on loan at Boro in our league last season
    still good enough to play at this level IMO

Donaldson 2 in 14 for Birmingham </</b>blockquote>

for a side that is near bottom of the table .. Donaldson over the seasons has been quite a prolific scorer if not at Championship level .. he is also the sort of hard working forward who lays on goals and worries defences allowing others to score as well as scoring himself .. he and Vetokele could form a decent partnership
  • The whole 'relying on youth' thing is a smokescreen to justify lack of investment. Only 4 players have come through the youth team to establish themselves in the past 4 years, Solly,Cousins,Jenkinson and Poyet. Two of them left after half a season and one is semi crocked. Of the current bunch none have yet come close to establishing themselves, Fox is the closest. Gomez and KAG have played 2 games each in total game time.
  • Southbank said:

The whole 'relying on youth' thing is a smokescreen to justify lack of investment. Only 4 players have come through the youth team to establish themselves in the past 4 years, Solly,Cousins,Jenkinson and Poyet. Two of them left after half a season and one is semi crocked. Of the current bunch none have yet come close to establishing themselves, Fox is the closest. Gomez and KAG have played 2 games each in total game time.

Definitely an element of truth in this.
  • Southbank said:

The whole 'relying on youth' thing is a smokescreen to justify lack of investment. Only 4 players have come through the youth team to establish themselves in the past 4 years, Solly,Cousins,Jenkinson and Poyet. Two of them left after half a season and one is semi crocked. Of the current bunch none have yet come close to establishing themselves, Fox is the closest. Gomez and KAG have played 2 games each in total game time.

I agree with this to a certain extent, but suspect that part of the problem was Powell's reluctance to give youth a chance .. the current crop of CAFC young players aged from (say) 17 to 21 contains some decent prospects .. yes we might well need a loanee or two, but youth must be given a chance when appropriate otherwise why spend lots of dosh on youth development and the academy
  • Sam Gallacher from Southampton?

Yes please.