Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tareiq Holmes Dennis on loan to Oxford

Comments

• Options
    Solley has and can play left back. Wilson at right back if need be.
  • Options
    Hope Bob takes the opportunity to watch him sometime we aren't playing.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Hope Bob takes the opportunity to watch him sometime we aren't playing.

I am sure he will mate but that's what his entourage are for surely?
  • Options
    I'm sure I've read that our loaned out players are watched and assessed regularly if not each match.
  • Options
    BP or DM, I think it was , said when players are out on loan, CAFC get a report on training as well as any match games
  • Options
    http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/19601/york-player-ratings

From victory against York. Holmes Dennis doing well. Oxford Utd moved up the table as well since he has arrived there.

Holmes-Dennis - 8 - This boy looks a fantastic player. So calm and controlled on the ball. Often played into trouble but has the ability to get out of it
  • Options
    Great stuff !
  • Options
    I met an Oxford supporter for a beer (well, several actually) last week and the word is that he is a real talent. The consensus seems to be that he is destined for great things. Let's hope so.
  • Options
    How long is left on his contract? Great reading about our youngsters doing well on loan. KAG is another who will benefit from a loan spell at some point this season.
  • Options
    Great to see he's continued to impress.

How long is left on his contract? Great reading about our youngsters doing well on loan. KAG is another who will benefit from a loan spell at some point this season.

His contract runs until the end of next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Get used to Morgan Fox at Left-Back if Rhoys Wiggins is out for a while boys and girls... Fresh from Twitter

Delighted to announce that Tareiq Holmes-Dennis's loan from Charlton has been extended until the end of the season. #oufc

— Oxford United FC (@OUFClive) December 24, 2014
  • Options
    Surprised by that. I would have thought he was a candidate to play for us now, with Fox struggling. I really rate him and am slightly gutted we're continuing the loan.

Still, in Bob we trust. Doubtless it will do the boy good and that he'll get his chance with us soon.
  • Options
    Sensible decision I think. Let him get regular game time. Even though Fox has not done too well, throwing Tareiq in at this stage will not do him any favours.

I have seen this guy play a few times and I think we have a real talent on our hands.
  • Options
    Maybe Bob is thinking of Nick Pope... He had an outstanding period @ York (also in League Two) last season, has come back and has found the jump a bit more difficult... Leave Tarieq at Oxford to learn his trade for the season and then he can be re-assessed in the Summer, am sure the coaching staff are keeping a good eye on him.

The other way of looking at it is Rhoys may not be too far away from Match Fitness... If you recalled (and played) Tarieq for a few weeks, Oxford would probably be forced to replace him with another Loanee Left-Back, that means when Wiggins is playing again, Tarieq will be stuck back in our Reserves seeing your not allowed to play for more than two clubs in one season
  • Options
    Yep. All plausible reasons.
  • Options
    I really would have liked to have seen him being recalled. I wonder if Wiggins is close to coming back.
  • Options
    24 hour recall clause.

• Options
    Could he be on his way back?

Oxford signed experienced Rotherham left back Joe Scarz today and THD is apparently injured and receiving treatment at Charlton. There are different theories about what this means on their forum.

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/20181/joe-skarz?page=2
  • Options
    I asked the Oxford FM researcher about THD a few weeks ago, he said he looks a good player. They've also used him at left midfield in some games. The opposition had started to notice him as they were targeting his side - not because he's a weak link but to try to pin him back and stop him getting forward so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Either as full back or midfield I'd like to see him in our first team squad. Not far behind Gomez, imo.
  • Options
    Been brought back from his loan.
  • Options

Been brought back from his loan.

Saw he didn't play yeasterday.

• Options
    I think he is injured and that is why he is back...
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    redbuttle said:

I think he is injured and that is why he is back...

He's fit again, but was left out of the 18 for Saturday's game.

Once Oxford signed Joe Skarz, it was going to be tough for THD to keep his place and if he isn't playing regularly the loan is a waste of time.

I reckon he might go back out on loan to another club by 11pm. EDIT - Or in the upcoming loan window.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I'd be tempted to start him ahead of Wiggins and Fox, personally.
  • Options
    Definitely atleast good enough to be 2nd choice
  • Options
    Presumably, that's our 1st signing ?