Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

southeastern trains for cardiff @ home

just been on southeastern showing no trains on the Bexleyheath line nor the Charlton line? does anyone know if this is accurate or just a glitch on the site?

thanks

Comments

• don't think there are any overground trains on boxing day
  • no trains anywhere on Boxing Day, I think
  • We was gonna attend from Luton, again no trains... Fking stupid situation if you ask me
  • Been like that for years.
  • If you go by car, park legally. The traffic wardens will be out in force as parking restrictions are still in place and they want their Xmas bonus.
  • No Trains at all on Boxing day mate. Not sure about buses either. I'd try and grab a lift of off someone if you can.
  • Limited HS1 is the only thing running on the South Eastern network.
  • Bloody train drivers wanting to spend time with their families at Xmas.
  • If you go by car, park legally. The traffic wardens will be out in force as parking restrictions are still in place and they want their Xmas bonus.

This. Especially with the heartless parking nazis of Greenwich to contend with! Merry Christmas to them (not!)
  • Cohr bloody traffic wardens eh? Going out on Boxing Day because they have to make ends meet and then when they get there they're actually doing their bloody job. It's sickening!
  • Sponsored links:

• No Trains at all on Boxing day mate. Not sure about buses either. I'd try and grab a lift of off someone if you can.

thanks wanted to have a drink but will drive instead.
  • Buses are running a sunday service with most routes running.
  • Pisses me off every boxing day we are at home. Train drivers are in the service industry surely? The poor sods working every other job on boxing day who normally use the train, what do they do?

Get a parking ticket is what

How is it a parking warden is not allowed boxing day off yet a train driver, who surely can do short shifts on overtime rate is not obliged to work?

I need to become a train driver

This. Especially with the heartless parking nazis of Greenwich to contend with! Merry Christmas to them (not!)
    What I'd like to do is stick all the jobs worth traffic wardens heads straight up the arse of my turkey
  • Been like that for years.

I defo got train last Boxing Day. This is stupid to not run any trains
  • Carter said:

Pisses me off every boxing day we are at home. Train drivers are in the service industry surely? The poor sods working every other job on boxing day who normally use the train, what do they do?

Get a parking ticket is what

How is it a parking warden is not allowed boxing day off yet a train driver, who surely can do short shifts on overtime rate is not obliged to work?

I need to become a train driver

Easier to get to The Valley than Cardiff..................so shut up!
  • Haha yeah tough to argue with that one!

Rather SE7 than south wales
  • cs1986 said:

Been like that for years.

I've worked as an engineer on the railway since 2001 and we've never run trains on boxing day but there again I don't work for southeastern (thankfully)
  • Carter said:

Haha yeah tough to argue with that one!

Rather SE7 than south wales

Does this mean you'll actually show up at a game? That'll be nice.

I'm still not over Fulham.
  • I'm 100% for this mate the exile is over
  • Sponsored links:

• And I'm genuinely very sorry about Fulham
  • edited December 2014
    I'm only messing, see you in the lib! Drop us a message when you know what time you're arriving, I'll drag myself down the hill. Will probably be my last game before I leave so it's good you're coming.
  • cs1986 said:

I think you must have had something other than stuffing in your turkey!!

Can't believe any self-respecting Charlton fan thinks there are trains on Boxing Day!

;-)
  • edited December 2014
    Strange thread. There were never any trains on Boxing Day before I moved away, if they have run some in the meantime, then changed their mind, it's only going back to tradition. That said I see Chiltern trains are running some services. I do think that parking restrictions should at least be scaled down to a Sunday level if there are no trains. I also think that as long as parking wardens are doing their job properly they are very badly needed. Got stuck on a bus in Bromley on Monday afternoon where people parking along the (yellow lined) entrance to one of the car parks were causing all kinds of problems to the traffic turning into and out of the car park and the road they were turning into. "Just pulling up here for five minutes" is long enough to cause an awful lot of traffic chaos in and around a place like London...

You always need to plan ahead for Boxing Day.
  • TelMc32 said:

cs1986 said:

I think you must have had something other than stuffing in your turkey!!

Can't believe any self-respecting Charlton fan thinks there are trains on Boxing Day!

;-)
    Lol I remember going over Xmas last year and avin to get off at woolwich dockyard as train broke down... Come to fink of it may have been game after Boxing Day...
  • The DLR is working.

It has been like this for years with only buses working, inconvenient but hopefully a 5-0 win will help cheer us up.
  • Bloody train drivers wanting to spend time with their families at Xmas.

Work in public service on salaries they earn not much for people to them expect to work Boxing Day IMO. Shop workers do it why not train drivers. They earn a darn sight more than shop workers
  • Ledge said:

Bloody train drivers wanting to spend time with their families at Xmas.

Work in public service on salaries they earn not much for people to them expect to work Boxing Day IMO. Shop workers do it why not train drivers. They earn a darn sight more than shop workers
    Because shops open and the railway doesn't.
  • Maybe the rail unions won't allow it or the train company hasn't offered enough money?
  • Long 161 journey from Chislehurst for me. Dreading being on a bus for an hour! We better get three points now. Otherwise the hour back, will seem like eternity!