Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Tucadean Booked for diving

I am slightly surpised that few fans on here say that George cheated and dived at Ipswich. I had a good view of the incident and I felt that the Ipswich defender was clearly at least holding George and almost had his around him in the box and if a defender does that in the box or anywhere on the field that's a foul and the defender should be penalised. In the box it should be a penalty. I'm disappointed but not surprised the ref thought it was a dive.

Comments

• I haven't seen a replay but it definitely looked like a dive to me at the time
  • There was that home game when he went over so many times i thought the home bench would throw the towel in.
  • As I said on the players marks thread (apologies @lancashirelad), if you cry 'wolf too often decisions tend to go against you. He needs to man up and give as good as he gets.
  • Was a shocking 'dive'.

It wasn't arms in the air arched back bad but he just went down like a girl. Deserved his booking.
  • Fair play to the ref.

99% of the time the guilty party does not get a card.

It still annoys me if players from Charlton do this.
  • Against Cardiff except for what could have been a sending off against the defender,
    He stayed on his feet and looked a decent player.
    how can a player be a 8 or 9 in 4 matches,
    but a 5 at best in all the others (i'm not talking about his diving abillities)
  • He and Vetokele were bullied all match and yet we didn't win a single free kick in their half until midway through the second half. Meanwhile he was awarding them free kicks around our box for the slightest touch. George's dive was a result of extreme frustration. I don't agree with it, but I understand why he tried it.
  • He may have possibly made more of it and tried to make it look worse but he was deffo held by their player.
  • He and Vetokele were bullied all match and yet we didn't win a single free kick in their half until midway through the second half. Meanwhile he was awarding them free kicks around our box for the slightest touch. George's dive was a result of extreme frustration. I don't agree with it, but I understand why he tried it.

Disagree they were just strong uncompromising defenders doing a professional job. Frustration was with his inability to get any change from the defenders, not with being fouled. Winning a free kick was the biggest contribution he was likely to make. The best chance of the game fell to him when he was put through in the penalty box, he was free and just stumbled over the ball trying to control it. He must have felt well frustrated but you need to do more than try and cheat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasn't at the game but on radio Bikey had at least two fouls in key areas for "pushes". Have seen him all season and he doesn't do that. Doesn't have to. Nobody is going to back in and turn him. Their defenders did a job on our front two. Mickmac has taught his troops how to be clever in 1v1 situations front and back. Perhaps we are naive but not sure I want that cynical rule bending in our side.

Thought I was the only one thinking that ref was never going to give us a thing, queensland_addick.

But I also take on board Dippenhall's comments.

Guess there's a fine line between niggling/bullying our strikers all game and being strong & uncompromising.....

Just as there is a fine line between a decent, honest ref and the kind we seem to attract.....

• It was a dive. An appalling dive. He deserved his card.

Their CBs were tough but fair, I thought. And too strong for both our strikers, sadly.
  • Actually he'd dived earlier too. The ref had done his best to keep his cards in his pocket. Same with Bikey. If you are going to complain and bang on using more theatrical gestures than a tanked up Boris Johnson, you'll have to get a card.

I thought the ref was excellent and I'm usually pretty partisan on such matters
  • I wasn't there and haven't seen it, but it was definitely a dive and a red would have been a more suitable punishment.

Thought I was the only one thinking that ref was never going to give us a thing, queensland_addick.

But I also take on board Dippenhall's comments.

Guess there's a fine line between niggling/bullying our strikers all game and being strong & uncompromising.....

Just as there is a fine line between a decent, honest ref and the kind we seem to attract.....

Yes Jean, and I will always always take the Charlton side of the argument. This was coming on the back of the appalling referreeing performance against Cardiff. We seem to be getting nothing from refs from what I have seen in the past couple of games. I saw enough of George v Cardiff to see that there is a very skilful player in there, but no player can perform if they are constanly being tugged, blocked, bullied and receive no protection from Refs. Had George been playing for Ipswich he would have been awarded 5 or 6 free kicks. For us, none. Yes the Ipswich defenders were uncompromising and did their job, but teams should be treated equally and our defenders were in no way guilty of fouling more than theirs.
  • The fine line between niggling/bullying is that if Bikey and TBH are doing it then its fine but if the opposition do it then its not right.
  • iaitch said:

The fine line between niggling/bullying is that if Bikey and TBH are doing it then its fine but if the opposition do it then its not right.

Double like
  • I don't go to most away games, but it seems to me that the only time that George sometimes has a good game is at home but never away?
  • Actually tbf apart from the George moment where he was held evenof he made a meal of the fall, I actually thought the ref did ok. He did try to let the game flow when he could unlike the muppet we had had on boxing day who stopped the game for every single little thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Have a Norwich supporting friend who went to the game on business cheering on the Addicks as he would, he said nothing about the rest of our team bar mentioning Tucudean; saying 'that Romanian is the worst footballer I've ever seen, slow and couldn't trap a bag of cement, and diving about for fun' ..... don't think he was impressed with our GT..
  • edited January 2015

I don't go to most away games, but it seems to me that the only time that George sometimes has a good game is at home but never away?

Spot on Andy.

At Home when we have had good movement, he looks half decent, but looks well short in every away game when we need a hold up player, not clever flicks which can come off in home games but no one every read them in away games. Can't the coaches earn their money.

In an attack minded team he would be more effective( Bournemouth because ther midfield and forwards would
    get on the end of al his flicks and nicks.

• I don't go to most away games, but it seems to me that the only time that George sometimes has a good game is at home but never away?

Spot on Andy.

At Home when we have had good movement, he looks half decent, but looks well short in every away game when we need a hold up player, not clever flicks which can come off in home games but no one every read them in away games. Can't the coaches earn their money.

In an attack minded team he would be more effective( Bournemouth because ther midfield and forwards would
    get on the end of al his flicks and nicks.

Nah he's not needed at AFCB, they have a player who's better in every aspect of the game for a bargain price doing exactly what GT tries to do. Forget his name.. ;-)

I follow Eastern European (most European infact) even more closely stats-wise than English, having watched highlights of Romanian 2nd tier it's a poor, poor, poor quality, he shines in that and seems a good-average in Romanian top tier, quite a contrast and he's very young. I think he'd be good in League One, not so sure about Championship unless his team carries him, aka not a suitable fit for us.
  • He made a shocking first touch and resulted in a blatant dive. Referee got it spot on.

His decision making and concentration is terrible. JBG tried playing a through ball when it was 3-2 and his timing of his run was so poor.

Same as Tal Ben-haim pass to him against Cardiff.

Will be shocked if he still here come first game of the 2015/16 season.

• Having seen this clip of his missus recreating the penalty incident at Ipswich, it looks stone wall to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kug4oEmJA3o
  • I thought he actually didn't look too bad against Blackburn, he was doing some running and some hassling and getting about a bit, which he hasn't always done. Can't really have helped him that he was partnered by a striker who was just coming back from injury and clearly not totally match ready yet.

He still needs to add a few more goals to his game but at home at least he does seem to be more effective and useful than maybe he first seemed, though by no means is he the answer to any of our many problems alone.
  • Is this our boy?

Hope you backed the bookings in the game..
  • 33' was Adrian Mutu. Where have I heard that name. Was he the striker at Chelsea was caught on a drugs bust all those years ago?
  • 33' was Adrian Mutu. Where have I heard that name. Was he the striker at Chelsea was caught on a drugs bust all those years ago?

Yup. believe he owes Chelsea something like 8m pounds for breach of contract.
  • 8 yellow cards dished out between 30th & 37th minuet, plus another one in 16th min. Our boy George got himself 2.

Must have been trying for the Guinness book of records.