Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What are you doing tonight?

I really need suggestions for a good night out tonight, my halfbrained girlfriend decided she would 'surprise me' by coming back to London two days early. She then wasn't very pleased when I surprised her in return, I'd obviosuly made no plans for tonight (surely she should have been a little concerned if I had?)

So, lifers, my question to you is what's a good night that wasnt booked up years ago, I've tried a few places this morning and one person literally laughed at me.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    what budget do you have and what part of London do you want to go out in?

you could just stay in and cook a nice romatic meal with candles and stuff...
  • No need for a night out, have a night in.

Order or cook her favourite meal, make sure the table is set with candles and a rose or two, have her favourite song, or your song playing in the background.

Make sure you have some champers, stick on your dinner suit and present her with a box of chocolates.

Her favourite, or any gushy DVD to finish.

Voila!!
  • what does he do with his parents Killer while he's doing this?

if local I was in the Pilot on tuesday and they were advertising a set menu for tonight. not sure what it would be like but still beggars cant be choosers.

In fact i wonder if Chu and Cho has room? they wouldnt rush you out of your dinner place.

Actually in fact you've got a whole host of restaurants down at the Dome that will be begging for custom.
    Can recommend the Tapas Tapas restaurant there. but course you're got loads. and you could take her ice skating hand in hand before dinner?
  • There is something on at the 02 tonight, but if you aim for about 8.30 you'll stroll into a resturant.

La Iguanas or as Curb it said, Tapa Tapa is good.
  • Well mate seeing as you like staying down our way so much you could invite her out to the do I am going to tonight, it's the
    'Anyone want to drown out valentines day....Lets get hammered!' event

It's been organised by a load of Girls, I am going along, I just hope it's not gonna turn into a man bashing event as they are all recently turned singles.
  • Every Day is Valentines Day :-).
  • Valentines day, what a tacky farce.
    Why do we need 1 day to express our love for our partners?
    What about the other 364 days of the year?

And why bother going out. Resturants get overcrowded & have shite set menu's which are rediculously marked up.
    And another thing, why is it always the men that have to go to the effort to romance the ladies?
    You girls burnt your bra's to be treated as equals, how about you lavish us with gifts??
  • a night in watching football factory
  • [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]a night in watching football factory
    It's going to get pwopar nawghty in your house tonight Tav!
  • Aah didn't realise there was a 'Parents' situation, that'll p155 on the romantic bonfire for sure.

KFC for a bargain bucket and a yoghurt then!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Double date happening in our house tonight.

Steaks, crispy sliced potatoes and the like followed by a lovely M&S hot chocolate cake.

Washed down with a nice bit of wine.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Double date happening in our house tonight.

Steaks, crispy sliced potatoes and the like followed by a lovely M&S hot chocolate cake.

Washed down with a nice bit of wine.

you've got two bird coming round?
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]you've got two birds coming round?
    didn't know he knocked them out first ....
  • [cite]Posted By: Sir John Humphrey[/cite]Every Day is Valentines Day :-).

*Nauseus*

You must be keeping thorntons in business.
  • As fun as that sounds Ketters I don't think she'd be over the moon at that option.

Looks like the dome it is, cheers Rothers/Curb_It, I'd totally forgotton about the place, it was looking like the Hungry Horse in Charlton, now that's real romance ;-)
  • How about Charlton Kebab?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SE10Addick[/cite]you've got two birdscoming round?
    didn't know he knocked them out first ....

LOL!
  • its our anniversary today, we've got a night out planned for tomorrow, but have exchanged gifts this morning and we're staying in courtesey of M&S Gastropub Range, Jelly from a special mould and Bellini from Franks Bar in Venice.

My brother is taking his g/f to see Justice!

Pick up a London Lite/London Paper for any other ideas Stu, they've been putting ideas about all this week.
  • edited February 2008
    37297133_5717d2b86a.jpg
  • There's a spare Justice ticket kicking round this office at the moment, half tempted to buy them, and take the Missus along. She'll really love some mashed up french electro..not
  • Sponsored links:

• hahaha Rothko
  • AS KB Said...

Make her something nice to eat (Don't get a takeaway. Make it yourself. Beef Stroganoff is easy if you're no dab hand in the kitchen), buy a bottle of champagne (decent one) and put a tablecloth and candles on the table and a bit of Barry White on in the background.

She'll appreciate you going to all that effort at short notice, rather than booking a table in the only restaurant in the area that's not fully booked because its crap....
  • Dan, cooking would be great, but I still live at home and my Dad's doing that for my mum already.

I think I've got this sorted with a nice place to stay booked for the evening, pah, who'd have though I was such an awful boyfriend.
  • Taking the girlfriend to prezzo's in greenwich, aint been there before but hopefully it will be alright!! Sash if that Justice ticket is up for grabs, I'm sure the ladies can have a nice meal... wheres the gig? ;)
  • I've been married nearly ten years and have yet to do anything for valentines day. never had any grief about it...

admittedly it is my mother in laws birthday today which might make it easier
  • she has got the hump with me at the moment, never mind, even when i put the card on the bed for her this morning she chicked it back at me, looks like i could be heading for them meals for one again..... Why do they try and change you, surely if they liked u when they meet u then they wouldnt want to change you
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]she has got the hump with me at the moment, never mind, even when i put the card on the bed for her this morning she chicked it back at me, looks like i could be heading for them meals for one again..... Why do they try and change you, surely if they liked u when they meet u then they wouldnt want to change you

havent they always got the hump?
  • Tell me about it........she went out the other day, thought i had gone deaf
  • errr....this isn't st 'slag women off' day ! :-)

I'm sure you did something wrong to receive the card chuck back!