Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon expects 'two or three' new Charlton signings:

Comments

• new = additional...
  • What he expects and what he gets may not be the same thing. Not being negative, but with RD who knows?
  • I wonder if Steau pulling out of the Tucudean deal will have an impact on our ability to bring in a new striker.
  • “To pick the right team is my Roland's job and I know how to pretend to do it."
  • When does the window close ?
  • Monday 2nd Feb 11pm
  • We need two or three without Tucudean and TBH leaving.

If we sign the bloke from Sporting Lisbon but TBH leaves then we aren't adding, we are replacing. Likewise we need another striker before Tucudean goes, unless we are getting a proven Championship target man.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

define 'new'

cafc-west said:

new = additional...

What he expects and what he gets may not be the same thing. Not being negative, but with RD who knows?

Give it a bleeding rest you lot, let the new found optimism flourish for awhile at least.

I really do mean it, not as an 'lol' but as a CAFC fan who has had enought of all the pointless bitching. You are a fan, so am I, get behind what we all want to succeed. ...Charlton Athletic. One heart, one club.
  • edited January 2015
    Well said Ted, getting bored with all the moaning!
  • This "news" is just a copy of Luzon's post match spiel last Saturday. Nothing new & may have even changed (for the worse) since then.

typical Newshopper re-hashing a story............
  • I really can only think of one maybe two transfer windows when that smug warm glow of satisfaction rang around us Charlton supporters in my lifetime. Normally its agonising maybes, piffle, waffle and the certain knowledge of disappointment when the fenetre is well and truly ferme. I refuse to entertain any hope of three decent signings... I do, honest... Nope I won't let it happen again!
  • I really can only think of one maybe two transfer windows when that smug warm glow of satisfaction rang around us Charlton supporters in my lifetime. Normally its agonising maybes, piffle, waffle and the certain knowledge of disappointment when the fenetre is well and truly ferme. I refuse to entertain any hope of three decent signings... I do, honest... Nope I won't let it happen again!

and usually it ends up with us losing players rather than gaining them on the last day.........Parker, Reid, Stephens, Kermorgant come to mind.
  • Sorry to be a spoilsport, but Ihave llearned how daft it is to anticipate what is going to happen at Charlton Belguique. It's game of wait and see, and hope for the best. Then accept what you are given, get behind the team, and pray that Roland is a quick learner. We do not exist in a football democracy.

and usually it ends up with us losing players rather than gaining them on the last day.........Parker, Reid, Stephens, Kermorgant come to mind.
    Psst.........C'mon mate, shall we move on now? ;)
  • Granpa said:

Sorry to be a spoilsport, but Ihave llearned how daft it is to anticipate what is going to happen at Charlton Belguique. It's game of wait and see, and hope for the best. Then accept what you are given, get behind the team, and pray that Roland is a quick learner. We do not exist in a football democracy.

We never did - Parker, Reid, these last minute sales of important players with no attempts to replace them have been going on a long time now. Our only hope is that Roland (who doesn't actually NEED the money as previous owners did) decides to stick not twist and take a chance on possibly more money at the end of a season than definitely smaller money right now - but that seems unlikely.
  • edited January 2015

Dazzler21 said:

define 'new'

cafc-west said:

new = additional...

What he expects and what he gets may not be the same thing. Not being negative, but with RD who knows?

Give it a bleeding rest you lot, let the new found optimism flourish for awhile at least.

I really do mean it, not as an 'lol' but as a CAFC fan who has had enought of all the pointless bitching. You are a fan, so am I, get behind what we all want to succeed. ...Charlton Athletic. One heart, one club.
    What is this 'new found optimism' of which you speak?
    Have I missed something?

Also, wtf have you done with the quotes? I can't sort that mess out.
  • Dansk_Red said:

Monday 2nd Feb 11pm

Roll on Tuesday - que sera, sera - and there is not a thing we can do to change it.
  • Sponsored links:

• And then about the 10th February, the loan window opens.

At least they have to be British based players.

• I used to be excited about the transfer window, you know , that kind of feeling you got as a kid , when you couldn't wait for Christmas, at the moment it feels like Christmas is coming, but i know i'm going to get socks.

I remember being on holiday in Greece, I must've been 11 or 12 and going to an internet cafe and reading that we'd signed Paulo Di Canio. It must've been about 35 degrees and our hotel must've been a mile away but I sprinted all the way back to our hotel to tell my dad. It's sad to think I'll never feel that way about a signing every again.
    Probably wont m8 for now but statistically the chances of Roland living for ever are slim.
  • I used to be excited about the transfer window, you know , that kind of feeling you got as a kid , when you couldn't wait for Christmas, at the moment it feels like Christmas is coming, but i know i'm going to get socks.

I remember being on holiday in Greece, I must've been 11 or 12 and going to an internet cafe and reading that we'd signed Paulo Di Canio. It must've been about 35 degrees and our hotel must've been a mile away but I sprinted all the way back to our hotel to tell my dad. It's sad to think I'll never feel that way about a signing every again.
    One reason for that is you're not 11 or 12 anymore but I do know what you mean. However, there was a time when I didn't think I'd ever see Charlton play at Wembley or get to the top division....and both things happened in the same season! Stick with it....and when something good happens, it'll feel extra good.

Remember that well. I was in Florence and my son had his Charlton top on. At least four Italians came up to us to say we'd just signed PDC.

What surprised me most was that they recognised the Charlton top.

• So have we signed them yet ?

Tempus fugit...and all that
  • PL54 said:

So have we signed them yet ?

Who's he play for?
  • PL54 said:

So have we signed them yet ?

Who's he play for?
    Roma