Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

utter scum

Comments

• Yup. Total filth.
  • 'the window smashing caused damage valued at £120,000'
    that can't be right can it, that's alot of damage??
  • front page news again days after Mrs L came out in support of Red Ken who gave her £1.8 million pounds of our money. The memorial in Eltham was also attacked by "racists" again front page news. Only thing was when it was found out that the attack was actually done by a black man who a mental problem the media said nothing !

and what has this got to do with CAFC ?
  • Two storey high glass panels, designed by a artist.

£120,000 in glass is probably cheap
  • That's why it's in not sport related, and what's the difference from your recent stuff, oh I know...
  • racists = lowest of the low
  • What stuff would taht be ?
  • the one about how hard done by the armed robbers were, or the Croydon murder stuff.
  • Why shocking? There are nasty people in this world, and while it's a well-intentioned project, it was always going to be a target.

Hand-wringing over this is only going to give the vandals the publicity they want.
  • bet u ran all the way home to post this though dodnt you ?

I agree Henry but RACISM has no direction . Just only some get the headlines.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]bet u ran all the way home to post this though dodnt you ?

I agree Henry but RACISM has no direction . Just only some get the headlines.

Nope, nice try
  • windows get smashed on buildings all over london what's so special about this one - how do they know it was racist -
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]windows get smashed on buildings all over london what's so special about this one - how do they know it was racist -

It's the third attack on this building and it's only been open five minutes, amazing that a high profile building named in honour of someone who was racially murdered has been attacked so frequently and yet people want to think there is no racist motivation behind the attacks...

I wonder how many of the neighbouring buildings have been attacked or have had their windows bricked in a similar period of time? As I doubt those buildings have been touched I'll presume that the attack is somehow motivated by someone with a grudge against either Stephen Lawrence and/or black people, if that's the case then it is correct to assume a racial motivation.
  • Agree totally with Inspector on this one - I don't find it shocking, if anything surely it was inevitable.

If anything the media by such over exposure fuel the fire allowing the bigots to bang on about how the ethnic minorities they detest so much get so much media space and attention. It's a vicious circle.
  • Firstly - Scumbags.

Secondly - "The centre was built to inspire young people to pursue careers in architecture". Surprised it's not been torched.
  • Whilst I IN NO WAY CONDONE this vandalism and fully appreciate that it's HIGHLY LIKELY that it was racially motivated, there is no proof that this is the case. If the broken windows were accompanied by some racist graffiti etc, it would be an open-and-shut, but they weren't.
  • It is vandalism. I expect the scum that did it did not even know who Steven Lawence was (it was 17 years ago), people who smash windows probably would have been tots then! It is too easy for the trendy liberals in this world to shout racism or any other rightonism when the very laws they are introducing are allowing the maggots a free reign to ruin things for the majority!
  • It is likely that is was motivated by the fact that its a high profile building in Deptford. Which as we know is full of culture , vultures and not hoody, yoofs.

It could be the result of Mrs L going on record less than a week ago and supporting Red Ken by saying Barmy Borris will harm "race relations". This then brought the counter charge of where did she get the cash from re the building in Deptford ? and that this was why she supported Red ken. I for one had never herd of this building until then and had no idea where it was untill today.

Its the same front page banner headlines that afew years back was about he plaque in Eltham being attacked " Racist scum run Eltham etc" but nothing nothing was said when it was found out to be a black guy who had a mental problem.
  • edited February 2008
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]It is likely that is was motivated by the fact that its a high profile building in Deptford. Which as we know is full of culture , vultures and not hoody, yoofs.[/quote]

It cannot be likely, it might be possible, but it cannot be likely. Just as the racist motive is possible but cannot be deemed as likely.

Our society has many problems and they include intolerance of all forms, a system that is too easily exploited and the virtualy impossible ability to have an open mind.
  • Yes true. It could be some lump with a BNP tattoo on his forehead, big boots etc. It may well be racial motivated crime. I feel very sorry for Mrs L , she must feel a horrid pain and a wound opening yet again. I also have no time for the people who seek to use this vandelism for their own political gain.
  • Sponsored links:

• heaven forbid that we call these vandals rascist just because they have targeted the place half a dozen times.vandals have feelings too.
  • [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]It is vandalism. I expect the scum that did it did not even know who Steven Lawence was (it was 17 years ago), people who smash windows probably would have been tots then! It is too easy for the trendy liberals in this world to shout racism or any other rightonism when the very laws they are introducing are allowing the maggots a free reign to ruin things for the majority!

Yes it is vandalism, but what is the motivation? Nihilistic vandalism for the sake of smashing something - ie because it's there? Or because Stephen Lawrence and his hitherto unsolved murder was the result of a racially motivated assault, and because his name has since been linked with anti-racist initiatives? As I mention above this building has been attacked three times already, an uncanny coincidence, or a consequence of something else?

The very least that Stephen Lawrence and his family deserve is justice, yet at every twist and turn there are people who seem to resent them getting this, and nigh on 15 years later this still seems to be the case. Frankly I suspect that it's the dignity in the face of the tragedy that his mother in particular has borne is the thing that pisses the racists off. I get the feeling that they really would prefer it if she'd stoop to some kind of rhetoric and started blaming everyone in sight, that would give them the opportunity for them to relate that behaviour to some kind of stereotype, wisely she hasen't given that opportunity and so vandalism and denial of the obvious in this instance is all they have to resort too.

And as for your rant about "liberals and rightonism", you've lost me, how are they ruining things for the majority? I can't see any connection to this incident, or are you just repeating something you've read in the Daily Mail? Without liberalism you wouldn't have the vote, pensions, unemployment insurance, the NHS, an education system...
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite] I also have no time for the people who seek to use this vandelism for their own political gain.

Weasel words...
  • Ah! A ranter acusing others of a rant, is it not always the way! and of course I must be a Dail Mail reader, how typical of your ilk. These people are simply scum, you can dress it up in any way you like and latch on to your favourite subjects which does not actually stop racism but actually perpetuates it. After all good old Ken has made a living out of acusing everyone of racism and would he not be lost without his trump card! I am talking about the laws of the land that have allowed kids to run riot and teachers and police have to negotiate rather than discipline. But there again I am a parent and understand that children tend to be normally all psychopaths from the age of 14 to 21 without any form of control!!

If this is a rascist attack then it is truly evil but if I suspect that the people who did this are just out-of-control yobbos who saw an easy glass target then it has just been labeled again by the "shout-down, I am always right" minority that can never see anyone elses point of view.

Maybe I am right or wrong but I just ignore race and so do my kids and therefore the colour of their mates are just not relevant to me and to them!
  • Do any of you do-gooders really know the history behind the whole case and the background of the victim?
  • No, because no one really knows the real truth.

And its completely fcuking irrelevant now.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Organiser[/cite]Do any of you do-gooders really know the history behind the whole case and the background of the victim?

Yeah someone got murdered for being the wrong colour, the police screwed up and ever since then there has been a game of denial going on with the perpetrators getting away with murder, while the victim getting no justice. In the meantime according to whichever theory is doing the rounds Stephen Lawrence was consorting with a drug dealer, or was a drug dealer himself or whatever, but whatever, being black he was clearly up to no good eh?

BTW aren't you organising another BNP march in the near future? Or do you only creep out from wherever it is you reside and feel the need to share your opinions with us when there is something with a racial motive that you feel you must share with us?
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]In the meantime according to whichever theory is doing the rounds Stephen Lawrence was consorting with a drug dealer, or was a drug dealer himself or whatever, but whatever, being black he was clearly up to no good eh?

The last refuge of scoundrels, trying to undermine the victims credibility. Hardly surprising but sad, nonetheless.

We can all take the view that the vandalism had nothing to do with the subject matter of the building. If they've done that much damage, it doesn't sound to me like it was random, can't prove it of course.
  • Vandalism is rife but the Lawrence Memorials seem to have attracted more than their fair share which suggests to me darker forces may be behind at least some, if not all, of the attacks.
  • I see Livingstone has crawled out of his stone to play the"race" card again.......Oh yes, he needs the Black vote if he's going to win this year..

I've heard stories (whether true I do not know) why Lawrence was attacked and it wasn't to do with the colour of his skin.