Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• will be there.
  • It's a great venue IMO - ideal for public transport and big enough to accommodate everyone who turns up.
  • The old Flamingo's night club. Good location.
  • Didn't think it was a Trust meeting? :-)

Good work.
  • Very good location and will be impressive if full as well, acoustic will be good also should save a few quid on needing Pa stuff
  • Has a Licensed bar last time i Visited, easy to get to as well. What time will it finish.
  • Blimey, that is a big place.
  • Who's gonna be taking minutes for those that live abroad like France amongst other places?
  • Sponsored links:

• Aah. The ABC cinema. Let's forget the meeting & show the 1998 play off final :-)
  • Really hope something can be set up to follow on line as I am away given half term week.

Good luck for the evening, a great idea and I hope a) it is well supported and b) some great ideas are put forwards.

Fans need to stick together.
  • How about the Hales che like picture as being a symbol - the original was used as a symbol of struggle - Hales represents the spirit of the club well. Somebody could ask his permission.
  • Aah. The ABC cinema. Let's forget the meeting & show the 1998 play off final :-)

Think I saw James Bond in Goldfinger there.....
  • I remember queing right round the whole building to see Grease. My mate blagged us to the front in the end :-)
  • I'm out. On holiday...
  • I haven't been there since i went to the Saturday morning pictures as a kid back in the seventies.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Should be held at The Valley Club ;)
  • ...but will be there!
  • any bands booked?
  • Sponsored links:

• I haven't been there since i went to the Saturday morning pictures as a kid back in the seventies.
    Looking forward to it.

Not sure there will be any choc-ices or popcorn for this showing..... But if anyone remembers the ABC song?
  • T.C.E said:

brogib said:

Who's gonna be taking minutes for those that live abroad like France amongst other places?

Redmidland is doing live commentary ;)
    I wish I could @TCE....not allowed to go but if we could get a video link I'd be happy to commentate on line for those abroad, or not in SE London
  • I remember doing Saturday Morning Pictures there as well. Won't be able to make this one though being 6000 miles away. I wish I could. I think it is very important.
  • Ah, Flamingoes. That was a fun night out in the early nineties.
  • How are we funding this ? Donations or collection on the night ?
  • Collection on door
  • 100% Support for this. I will be there
  • I would urge all who speak to try to have a declamatory style, very audible and 'out there'.
    Public speaking scares the bejaysus out of most people, and it is a difficult skill. There is a danger of inaudibility that even a microphone can't fix, there is also a danger of a kind of exclusive one on one style that others can't hear and become frustrated with.
    It is always worth considering repetition, and a chairperson can help here by saying stuff like 'the point being raised here is that supporters ought to start a takeover fund/Jasbinder here says that they will only attend under this regime if ticket prices are slashed'
    I know loads of people will think I am making something out of nothing, but in a talk based meeting people can't speak in their usual conversational style and expect to be heard.
  • Where is the best place to park and could you put the full address up please. Travelling from Surrey, hope I get there before it starts.