Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Neil Warnock - Thank You

WSSWSS
edited February 2008 in Other Football and Sports
You make such a tit of yourself on television and sent me to sleep with a smile on my face (not in that way).

Have to admit, what a character...

Comments

• thought exactly the same.

Hung around last night just so i could see his interview. Had a point last night, but the fact he had blamed the officials in the last four games meant it held little water.

People don't take joke figures seriously
  • edited February 2008
    It was the way he started off fairly composed, talking about his sides performance and the game. Then the red mist decended and he gradually went into his uncontrolable rant, complaining about every decision and booking. Top viewing. :-)

"we're attacking two on one at the end of the first half and he blows for half time. I'm sure I see him punch the air when they scored their goal" etc etc. Classic rant!
  • You see him having ago at there keeper?

Im no lip reader but the F word was used
  • Running on the pitch at the end he looked like a retarded goose, telling all his players and staff to leave the ref alone and then turning around and shouting at him.
  • I thought a lot of it was for show.

He has a reputation to live up to, and seems to thrive on it all.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Running on the pitch at the end he looked like a retarded goose, telling all his players and staff to leave the ref alone and then turning around and shouting at him.

Wss - It looked to me (I'm no lip reader either) like he was telling his players not the shake the refs hand...... I could be wrong though.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]You see him having ago at there keeper?

Im no lip reader but the F word was used

I thought it was his own keeper he was having a go at for going over to the ref at the end after he'd told his team not to
  • I was out last night, what happened??
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I was out last night, what happened??

palace drew 1-1
  • i know that much, what did warnock do/say?
  • Sponsored links:

• To be fair to Colin Wanker he had every right to complain. I watched it on TV here and the ref was DYING to give Bristol City a leveller, you could see it a mile off. It was never a penalty in a million years and he found another minute of injury time when there were no stoppages at all in the four minutes that he had signalled for.

To be honest I seriously doubt Pards could have held his tongue either.
  • He signalled for a MINIMUM of 4 minutes. So Colin is being a Wanker
  • Ban him AFKA. There is no room for 'being fair' to Palace managers, players, fans or officials on this message board.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]To be fair to Colin Wanker he had every right to complain. I watched it on TV here and the ref was DYING to give Bristol City a leveller, you could see it a mile off. It was never a penalty in a million years and he found another minute of injury time when there were no stoppages at all in the four minutes that he had signalled for.

To be honest I seriously doubt Pards could have held his tongue either.

But as he does it all the time, no-one really cares that on this occassion it may have been justified.

The blokes a prize twat!!
  • edited February 2008
    [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Ban him AFKA. There is no room for 'being fair' to Palace managers, players, fans or officials on this message board.
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]He signalled for a MINIMUM of 4 minutes. So Colin is being a Wanker

OK, chaps, I will take my medicine!!!

However, please enlighten me Rothko, if he signals for a minimum of 4 minutes does that mean he has the discretion to play 5 if he wants to? I am just curious as to where he got the extra minute from because once that clock hit 90 mins then there were no other stoppages that he could possibly have found that amount of time for.

To be fair I was gutted when they equalised because we need to catch them whereas Palace are not a realistic threat.
  • 4mins 30 seconds would show up as 4mins on the board Orm.
  • Maria is spot on. Warnock was telling his players not to shake the referee's hand rather than have a go at them for comlaining to him.

Once he had managed it he turned around and Speroni was hand in hand with the ref and that is when Warnock did his nut,
  • I agree withs ormy here 100%, i was gutted as we needed them to slip up, and they were robbed by 2 bob refereeing (sp) as usual. Imagine if it happened to us, we would all be sick!! Its just pants that they scored with over 5 mins of injury time gone, its not on, and this will effect us at the end of the year no doubt.

Refs are getting worse i tell thee!

One good thing tho, was when the camara panned to the palarse fans i did have to have a little smile!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite] I watched it on TV here and the ref was DYING to give Bristol City a leveller, you could see it a mile off.

It was never a penalty in a million years and he found another minute of injury time when there were no stoppages at all in the four minutes that he had signalled for.

That ref has obviously reffed at Old Trafford a few times .........,..
  • Colin must be close to being charged by the Championship Officials for bringing the game into disrepute. Thought it was interesting that Sky waited to do the Warnock interview but didnt show Johnson. Clearly they wanted to get the rant/and he wanted to give it. So everyones happy.

Well no. Ignore the tosser. He loves the sound of his own voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• The boards don't show parts of a minute, and until the refs watch is linked to the screen/clock it can't.

4 minutes is the least to play, so his watch could have said 4.55 to go when he was asked, he sees the 4, and that's what the 4th official indicates.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The boards don't show parts of a minute, and until the refs watch is linked to the screen/clock it can't.

4 minutes is the least to play, so his watch could have said 4.55 to go when he was asked, he sees the 4, and that's what the 4th official indicates.

So the extra minutes is got from the Ref, not the 4th official then? I assumed the 4th Official was separately timing it and he makes the call as to the extra minutes.
  • I think the system is, the forth official goes to the touchline in the 89th minute, and looks for a signal or in the premier league radios the ref to check how long is to go, the ref tells him, and on the stroke of 90 the board goes up, with the remaining minimum amount of minutes.

The board then shows a minimum amount of time to go, so last night it was 4 minutes.

But you really should play to the final whistle.
  • So, in the case you cited, the Ref could have said 4 or 5 mins then, and if the latter, played the extra 5 seconds?
  • As a lot of you have said NW doesn't help himself with his reputation. However last night other than the problem with the added time, he was right about the lovely man in black, it looked like he was desperate to see Bristol equalize, and the penalty incident had to be seen to be believed.

I know it's easy to criticise the officials, but some of last nights decisions were scandalous, I must admit at times some of his decisions seemed so anti Palace, I thought he must be a Charlton fan.
  • that is the moodiest penalty given i've seen in a long time ... but he did let watsons handball go for palaces goal which was a 50-50
  • [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I know it's easy to criticise the officials, but some of last nights decisions were scandalous, I must admit at times some of his decisions seemed so anti Palace, I thought he must be a Charlton fan.

It's amazing how partial we are when it comes to Refs, the "bloke behind me" on Saturday went on quite rightly about the standard of refereeing we have had to put up with this season with exception of Mr Singh, who we have had twice this season, and who drew almost universal praise from the Addickted. Was it because of his calm authoritative presence or was it because he gave us two dodgy penalties in the last 10 minutes against Norwich?
  • Would NW have complained had Palace scored in the 95th minute?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Would NW have complained had Palace scored in the 95th minute?

No way, he would have been praising him as one of the best he has seen, but realistically the time issue wasn't really the problem, as has already been said, the time added on is a minimum, and can be added to. I know you should see dodgy decisions even out over the season, but as I'm sure you've seen this season, the standard of refereeing in this league is terrible. However lasts night performance was almost bordering on the criminal, and yes I do mean the ref's and not Palaces. ;)
  • As you say good/bad decisions balance out over time, you just have to hope that the bad decisions that go your way happen when you need them and not when you are already winning 4-0.

When we played Bristol City we won with a goal in the 90 something minute, so perhaps they'll look at this as balancing out that travesty.