Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Brit School

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
I cant be bothered with Winehouse, the kooks, Leona Lewis, Athlete, Melua, Adele. For me the only Brit School graduate worth knowing about is our very own Chris Dickson who apparently excelled in musical theatre.

Comments

• Winehouse was a right state!
  • I thought the Arctic Monkeys ripping the piss out of that place was the only good thing about it
  • Did you Carter? cos i thought they came across as complete cocks! how old is that little one? 12?

I felt like punching the screen and nothing to do with him slagging of the Brit shcool or whatever that is.
  • I thought it was great when Dave Grohl was taking the pizz when receiving the best album award.

Mentioning all the "great" bands who have received it in the past....
  • winehouse was a disgrace
  • [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite]winehouse was a disgrace
    Yup, but for some reason the fans go absolutely mad for her.

"Amy, we love you and your drug taking. Your music is pretty good as well. Wooooo"
  • I though Winehouse was ok with Mark Ronson, but then lost the plot when she did the solo thing.

Thought the Arctics were a refreshing change to pre prepared acceptance speeches, and Kate Nash, oh yes
  • Kate Nash.... Bleugh, something about her I just don't like the look of.

Yeah I thought the Arctic Monkeys were value for money. Youngs lads arsing about, the girl who the mic picked up going 'what have THEY come as then' in the most bitter voice she could muster!!
  • Wrong, Kate Nash is bonjour *drools*
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]the girl who the mic picked up going 'what have THEY come as then' in the most bitter voice she could muster!!

The Mrs reckons that was Sharon Osbourne!
  • Sponsored links:

• gotta say im with you curb -it with artic monkeys thought they were knobs,it may be coz im gettin older.I used to think it was ok when Oasis done it.When Amy Winehouse was on I just felt very uncomfortable watching her,I absolutely love her music,but half of me feels a bit sorry for her the other half just thinks you stupid cow what a waste of talent.
  • Went and did the washing up as I couldn't stand the Osbournes and the other presenters.

You are meant to be pros. learn how to read a autocue and sound like you actually mean what you are saying.

Missed Amy (great singer, sad person) and the Arctic Monkeys (fantastic lyrics).

When I last heard Mark Ronson on Buzzcoks he had an American accent. Last night this seemed to have disappeared. At least he was honest enough to aknowledge that he is harldy a solo act. Isn't he just the guy who twiddles the knobs in the studio?
  • you washed up for two hours henry? must have been some banquet.

I think its the getting older thing, my toes curled at them monkies. Bell ends.

Kate Nash talks far better than she sings.
  • Where were Status Quo?..
  • Have you seen Kate Nash's boyfriend, dear me what is she thinking!When I first saw him I thought he was gay!!
  • Arctic Monkey's piss me off these days too. For all their 'we're just common northern monkeys' posturing they're going out with Alexa Cheung and hanging around with Kelly Osbourne and the like.

All this not trying and not preparing actually smacks of trying too hard to me. And I thought their second album was a bit rubbish as well.

Didn't see their acceptance 'speech' but can imagine exactly what happened as they're that predictable. Still, can't have been as cringeworthy as the speech they wrote for Kelly Osbourne at the Southbank Show Awards - boy was that hilarious? No, it wasn't actually. (I wouldn't usually be so cultured as to watch the Southbank Show but my missus was at the awards ceremnoy so I had to!).
  • Was the Brits on last night?

;-)
  • I like the Kaiser Chiefs best out of the current crop. I think they are quality with some real depth.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]you washed up for two hours henry? must have been some banquet.

I think its the getting older thing, my toes curled at them monkies. Bell ends.

[/quote]

LOL, I loaded up the dishwasher and when I came back in Lady Irving had turned over to Grand Designs.

I think it's a awards ceremony thing. They are pretty much all naff IMHO other than the film ones where you get to see some clips.

The presenters at BRITs and the other music ones try to adopt a "yoof/aint I wild/I don't care" approach and it just comes over as sloopy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Kate Nash.... Bleugh, something about her I just don't like the look of.

Yeah I thought the Arctic Monkeys were value for money. Youngs lads arsing about, the girl who the mic picked up going 'what have THEY come as then' in the most bitter voice she could muster!!

Kate Nash is from Croydon, I think that says it all.
    As for the Arctic Monkeys, fair play to them, they're music is fantastic and they were on top form last night.

I was really disappointed for the Klaxons, love their music but last night their collaboration with Rihanna was awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Didnt see any of this...wasnt even aware it was on.....
    :-)

Changing tack slightly, I went to see Snow Patrol in Sydney late last year...and have to say they are excellent live...they even belted out some of the old stuff before they became fashionable.
  • Rothko - totally agree with you about Kate Nash... grrrrrrrrrr! Just something about her.

And loved the piss ripping from the Artics, funny how they got bundled off stage when they started taking the preverbial out of the Brit School. I like the fact they don't take themselves too seriously. Nothing worse than a moody pseudo rock 'artists'. I guess thats why i like Dave Grohl as well
  • Who is Kate Nash?
  • Watched some of the Brits last night & seeing some of the live acts thought most were utter tosh, glad I am not into Band type music otherwise I'd have been hugely dis-appointed.
  • Watched it last night. I should have watched Grand Designs.
    If Mika, Kate Nash, Take That, a bloke that mainly does covers and 4 drunk northerners are the best this country can offer music in this country is in a poor state.

Glad the Foo Fighters Dave Grohl took the piss out of the awards, they've become worthless.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Watched some of the Brits last night & seeing some of the live acts thought most were utter tosh, glad I am not into Band type music otherwise I'd have been hugely dis-appointed.Made my night seeing my idols Take That though. That Howard is quite a catch
  • Whats an Artic Monkey?..
  • [cite]Posted By: PassItToLeaburn[/cite]Still, can't have been as cringeworthy as the speech they wrote for Kelly Osbourne at the Southbank Show Awards - boy was that hilarious? No, it wasn't actually. (I wouldn't usually be so cultured as to watch the Southbank Show but my missus was at the awards ceremnoy so I had to!).

i saw that on the telly... urgh!!! Gutted we missed this bit tho.

"ITV bosses blasted out fake cheering from the speakers, and turned off their mikes, and cut to the backstage interview with Fearne Cotton. The band then furiously threw their mikes into the crowd and tried to hurl the lectern on to the floor."

Would have loved to see them big bad boys throwing a lectern over!
  • I went to the brits in 1996.

well, when i say I went...I mean i stood outside Earls Court on the night of the brits for hours waiting for Take That to arrive. I have about 20 pics of cars going past with blacked out windows. They were wearing bright blue double breasted suits. *sigh*

it was their last public appearance together.......for a bit anyway! they lied to me!!

That was also the year Jarvis Cocker mooned at Michael Jackson.
  • What are the Brits? and why is there a school for them?