Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy with the win but lets show some respect to the Blackpool fans

Lets get this trending #OystonOut

Comments

• If you think we're run badly then take a look at Blackpool... sad to see what is going down there. Decent club not too dissimilar to us in some respects, hope they sort themselves out but i won't hold my breath.
  • Sure they gave a minutes thought about us in our decline and their Prem years.

Onwards and upwards.

Or when they dumped us into League One?
  • Or when Stokoe relegated us with a 5-0 win and said it was the best day of his life.
  • Fair enough.
  • Always hate to see other clubs struggling, especially one with such a rich history and part in our fantastic sport like Blackpool. Football clubs are usually a real community asset and to seeing one destroyed by its owners is a real pity.

Having gone through some tough times ourselves recently I can certainly empathise with our fellow football fans and in this cyclical game there are certainly no guarantees we won't be in their position some day in the future.

So good on those that have tweeted etc. I personally never recall the teams that relegate us, it is part if the sport.
  • It's like watching the fruit bowl. The tangerines are rotting from the inside thanks to their owner.
  • Sponsored links:

• God knows what their owner is up to. What does he gain by seemingly doing everything possible to go against what the fans want and what the club needs?
  • If the scum survive because of this clubs ineptitude they can rot
    If they are in the same division as them next years, I hope Blackpool are champions
  • edited March 2015
    I don't remember the Stokoe comment, but the stuff that 'they relegated us' a couple of seasons back is a bit daft. They put the final nail in the coffin, but the coffin was one we built, designed and leapt into by ourselves. That pardew/Parky season was probably nearer to putting an old horse out of it's misery.
    I sympathise with the fans but they go down. We push up. Ships that pass in the night and all that.
  • Sure they gave a minutes thought about us in our decline and their Prem years.

Oyston and upwards.

• I tell you what I don't understand...

Ched Evans can not get a job as a footballer, as he has a rape conviction. (I'm not criticizing, just a statement of fact.)

But it's OK for Oyston to be a football owner with, you guessed it, a rape conviction...

Onwards and upwards.

A bit different though isn't. I don't remember our owner pocketing the money and mocking our fans.

I think some people are trapped in the Charlton bubble and miss out on the bigger picture.

Your right mate, when nearly turning 40 I realise there are more concerns in life than my Charlton which has been one of the forefronts of my attention most of my life, let alone another club 300 miles away.

• The owners have taken 40+ million out of the club. Tha is what they have got from Blackpool, lets hope for the fans they sell to a new interested owner.
  • Tricky one this. They're not losing money hand over fist like we are, I think I read recently that they are (too?) profitable. I bet there are loads of clubs who would like to be debt free if that's what they really are, yet if the Oystons have taken 40mil out then that makes it a bit different.

• But it's OK for Oyston to be a football owner with, you guessed it, a rape conviction...

I had no idea about that. Was is recent? Did he serve time?
  • Sponsored links:

• we arrived at the ground at 7pm and it was like a morgue, you would never had known that a footie match was kicking off in under an hour, those fans we met were resigned to relegation with their usual sense of self deprecation, but so sad for what was a great club and is part of our football heritage.

good luck to you Seasiders
  • edited March 2015

But it's OK for Oyston to be a football owner with, you guessed it, a rape conviction...

Didnt realise it either... http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/dec/08/paulkelso1 but thats Owen Oyston who is the owner of Blackpool whereas his son Karl Oyston is the main figure as Chairman at Blackpool
  • With the greatest of respect to Blackpool and it's fans, I would've thought his ownership warranted a lot more anger... when was the last time they protested? And I don't mean lower attendances.
  • Do feel sorry for the supporters there. The Oystons are a terrible family. East Stand Loopy is correct about Owen Oyston.
  • I appreciate the sentiment of what you are saying, however, I don't recall Hughes and their fans not celebrating when he scored to relegate us in 2009 so I find it hard to have sympathy
  • I actually have more sympathy for them for having Lee Clark as manager............. :smiley:

• But it's OK for Oyston to be a football owner with, you guessed it, a rape conviction...

Didnt realise it either... http://www.theguardian.com/uk/1999/dec/08/paulkelso1 but thats Owen Oyston who is the owner of Blackpool whereas his son Karl Oyston is the main figure as Chairman at Blackpool
    Thanks for the link. And his wife stood by him!! Amazing what some folk will put up with for money
  • somerton said:

The owners have taken 40+ million out of the club. Tha is what they have got from Blackpool, lets hope for the fans they sell to a new interested owner.

Is that actually true? Not saying its not but just find it hard to believe anybody could that amount of money out of a football club.

• somerton said:

The owners have taken 40+ million out of the club. Tha is what they have got from Blackpool, lets hope for the fans they sell to a new interested owner.

You'd think the bastards might have spent half a million on a decent pitch. Taking all that money out and leaving the pitch like it is is taking the piss out of everyone, not just their own fans and team, but visitors, too.