Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackwall Tunnel

edited February 2008 in Not Sports Related
Well feck me, that was fun this morning! Which idiot spilt diesel all over the place?

Comments

• I had to be in at 7.30 this morning to let some work men in to fix something... i booked a taxi for six thirty. I got in just at 7.30 by going the lower road and then lord knows where he took me... the workmen are still not here. I should have stayed in bed.
  • left at 10 past 9 as norm, and couldnt even get through welling, rung boss he told me to go home!! lol

will try again later and get in for 1pm! that tunnel is a damn joke!
  • Grid lock round shooters hill. Got off bus that hadnt moved for 25mins(7AM) to start walking and the heavens opened ! Went home. Still grid locked now though.
  • I got on the coach at 7:05 this morning and walked into work in CW at 9:10......
  • You lot will get attracted by the bright lights won't you.
  • edited February 2008
    Murder isn't it!

Took me over an hour to do my usual twenty minute journey - going against the normal traffic flow.

Driving me mad hearing them on the travel news keep saying it's the Northern approach - it's not it's the SOUTHERN approach Northbound!

They reckon it will take until mid-morning tomorrow to clear and advise everyone to use alternative routes!
  • Left home at 7, got to Canary Wharf at 9.30. Not happy, especially as we went through Dagenham. What a hole.
  • Radio just said "closed all day 2.5 KM of the road needs to be resufaced".
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Left home at 7, got to Canary Wharf at 9.30. Not happy, especially as we went through Dagenham. What a hole.

We went that way too - makes you appricate the south side of the water!! :-)

Looks like it could be a horrible journey again tomorrow!
  • Good luck, bet you're glad you don't work in a shop on Chatham high street on days like this eh?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Good luck, bet you're glad you don't work in a shop on Chatham high street on days like this eh?

:-P
  • Mate, I'd rather have a 2 and a half hour journey to work than work in Chavham High St!
  • [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]Radio just said "closed all day 2.5 KM of the road needs to be resufaced".

For a diesel spill? Feck me, what sort of diesel was it?!?!
  • Just got to work, fuck sake, ended up parking my car in Macro's and walking to north greenwich.

Fun times.
  • I'm not in today ha ha ha he he he
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]Just got to work, fuck sake, ended up parking my car in Macro's and walking to north greenwich.

Fun times.

Stu - be careful mate not sure what it's like during the week but on match days they clamp in Macros!
  • it took me over 3 hours to get from bexleyheath to North Greenwich this morning!
    knew the a2 was fecked so went over shooters hill & down past the valley..
    MISSION!!!!!!!
  • took the wife 3 hours from Abbey Wood to Kidbrooke
  • hopefully it will be just about ok for me at around 12, if not i am in for a long night!
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    I got on the trainn like a normal commuter and was in in plenty of time. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• I left home at 7.50 and got in at 9.15. only 3 people in the office then.
  • Blimey, i was going back in today but decided another day off was due thanks to the weekends events, glad i did now!!!
  • Southbound is open though right, so we should be ok Maria....
  • edited February 2008
    Medders - Yeah but I have just spoken to a friend at our coach company and they think tonight might be a nightmare too as everyone will slow down to rubber neck (god I hate that!!!!).

Coming to work I don't care - going home I get pi**ed off!!

:-)
  • your such a moaner woman!!
  • The City is completly gridlocked.
  • the city is? Taverns got to get to SW1 - its taking him 2.5 hours to reach Maze hill from charlton. think he should give it up myself!
  • last week, half term = eltham - shooters hill 5-10mins.
    today, same journey - 1hr 40mins.
    could've walked it 3 times over.
  • absolutely pbs.people ought to be walking a lot more.