Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs Charlton | Friday 3rd April 2015 | 3pm | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

Millwall vs Charlton Athletic
3pm Kick-Off
Referee – MICK RUSSELL

INTRODUCTION

Oh no, not another Millwall thread!

But, could this be the moment?

After 19 years without victory against local rivals Millwall, can Guy Luzon be the first manager since Alan Curbishley to guide the Addicks to a win against “them lot”?

Just to put it into perspective, there have only been two victories over Millwall in my lifetime (20 years- just to make some of you feel old).

However, things could finally change. Millwall seem to be heading down towards League One and a defeat against Charlton could see them ten points adrift of safety.

Although, they shall now be hoping that interim-boss Neil Harris can install some sort of pride and try and ignite a ‘great escape’.

Meanwhile, Luzon’s side are confident that a form guide which reads one defeat in six, can motivate them to a Good Friday in Bermondsey.

THE OPPOSITION

The Lions’ roar has been more like a kitten’s whimper this campaign, with Millwall struggling throughout the season.

Ian Holloway was eventually sacked earlier in the month, but it had been a long-time coming for the ex-Palace boss, who could not lead Millwall out of the relegation zone and higher in the table.

With Harris now in charge, Lions’ fans will be hoping that results start to pick up, especially as the club have not won since mid-February.

In their last fixture, Millwall threw away a two-goal lead against Brentford, with Moses Odubajo scoring a last-minute equaliser for the Bees. However, Harris’ side will be optimistic that a returning ex-Addick Nicky Bailey can add some much-needed steel to their midfield.

The hosts will be without Diego Fabbrini after Watford ended his loan spell at the club early, so he could join Birmingham instead.

ONE TO WATCH

My player to watch this week is: Jimmy Abdou.

While the Comoros international may not be an eye-catching player, he certainly is someone who gives his all for the side, making him a popular figure at the New Den.

Abdou likes to put himself about in midfield and has previous history with the Addicks after being sent-off in the 4-4 thriller in 2009.

The versatile ex-Plymouth ace has played over 300 games for the Lions but has only found the net on six occasions. He will be hoping to add to that short tally on Friday.

LINE-UP

If my judgements are correct, then Luzon will be without Yoni Buyens who has picked up ten yellow cards so far this season.

In his absence, Johnnie Jackson could return to the starting eleven following over a month out through injury although Alou Diarra will also be in with a shout.

Stephen Henderson, Chris Solly and Morgan Fox are all pretty much certain to start, but Joe Gomez will be competing with the more experienced Roger Johnson and Tal Ben Haim for a starting place.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson will be hoping to add another screamer to his collection, while Jordan Cousins and Frederic Bulot are likely to start.

Upfront, Igor Vetokele should be fit enough to start alongside Tony Watt.

………………………..Henderson………………….

Solly………....Gomez……………Johnson…….Fox

JBG…………...Cousins……….....Jackson……Bulot

.....................Watt..................Vetokele........

PREDICTION

Call me crazy, but I am going for a Charlton win, here.

Millwall 0-1 Charlton Athletic

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Millwall 2 Charlton 1. Seriously, we all know what is going to happen. Same shit, different season.
  • edited March 2015
    Scumwall 0 Charlton 2 - ( goals from Vetokele and Cousins ) Not quiet the final nail in the Chav coffin but as good as.
  • Did you check with @MillwallFan if this thread was allowed? 2-1 Charlton Igor with the first and Tony Watt with a late winner.
  • We NEVER beat the Millwall!

2-1 to the Spanners
  • Millwall 0-4 Charlton
  • Millwall 0
    Monster 4
  • Diarra instead of Jackson. Either way 0-0 and if it is going to be 0-0 then then a few shots on target please Charlton, I'm sure we have had none in the last 3 matches we have played there.
  • Tell Tony Watt that Millwall are really Glasgow Rangers and hope the Celtic blood boils just enough to score a hatrick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck em ,hate em , they wind me up no end ......and don't get me started on millwall

As long as the scum end up down I can live with any result

The filth of society migrate there , well fuck off away from me and my life you schlaaags
  • Let me first say that I am less than thrilled to have Mr. Russell in the middle for a 3rd time this year after his two less than stellar matches against Norwich and Cardiff. I'm quite aware that we don't usually beat Millwall but this year I sense that will be different. 0-3 Charlton. Watt, Vetokele, Gudmundsson. Shortly after Guy Luzon becomes a legend
  • Is Russell the guy who was ref against Cardiff at home? The 1-1? He was absolutely abysmal.
    Two sendings off then, Abdou for them, Gomez for us.
    Millwall score earlier on, Church off the bench to equalise late on.

• THE WRITING IS ON THE 'WALL
  • Millwall 2-0 Charlton.

Usual worst performance of the season.
  • anything other than a heavy defeat is a bonus, not expecting anything barring our usual whimper
  • Another disappointment. 0-0 at best, but probably a narrow win for the Spanners incorporating a late winner which not only ruins our day but also gives them the self belief they need to fire themselves to safety.
  • Sponsored links:

• Draw at best but that would be sufficient to ensure we finish above them in the table come the end of the season.

• edited April 2015
    2-1 addicks. Watt will be well up for it and take the piss.
  • Fuck em ,hate em , they wind me up no end ......and don't get me started on millwall

As long as the scum end up down I can live with any result

The filth of society migrate there , well fuck off away from me and my life you schlaaags

No ambiguity there then Morts.
  • Typical Charlton.

Rumours on thursday will appear that Watt has an ankle injury and ends up missing the game with Vetokele.

Charlton 0-0 Millwall
  • Dire CAFC performance 2-0 down til 82nd minute when we score and suddenly turn up. We get stuck in, win everything, play free-flowing attacking football giving us just enough hope we can salvage some self respect until our equaliser is ruled off-side. We go home humiliated; frustrated and the laughing stock yet again.

Positives: We don't get the shit beaten out of us.
  • Whisper it but 0-2 for fairly comfortable away win.