Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who is this....

edited February 2008 in General Charlton
Cory Gibbs bloke playing for the reserves tonight, never heard of the fella, must be a blinding youth prospect :)

Comments

• WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • No mate he's not youth . He's an american internation defender who joined us after the 2005/06 season but has had a dreadful run of injuries mainly with his knee and he went under the knife so missed all the 2006/07 season . He can play left back or centre half and has squad number 17 , we got him on a free . He's about 6 foot 3 and 12st 11lbs and has 19 caps for the states
  • has someon nicked your log in shag?
  • I tell you what, if this team:

Charlton: Elliot, Moutaouakil, Thatcher, Gibbs, Sodje, J Thomas, Semedo, Racon, Sam, Smith, Iwelumo. Subs (from): Lee, Monteiro, Sinfield, Smalley, Lozano-Calderon, Perkins.

Does not win tonight we have some seriouos problems with our "strength in depth" as i consider that to be an ok Championship side.
  • bar the subs i would pay to watch the starting 11 in a league match they better bloody win that should teach the saints to not move a fixture cos the majority of the resies are playing in the yoof cup the next night
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]has someon nicked your log in shag?

What do you mean Curb_it ? I always post informative text about the club , its players and its supporters when I can , and when I believe it benefits others .
  • Well i know its your style of writing due to the gap you leave before typing a comma or questions mark but still dont sound like you.
  • he might be sober. ;-)
  • I've changed
  • Will Cory prove the calming defensive influence to guide us to automatic promotion?

Cometh the hour cometh the man:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite] Cometh the hour cometh the man:-)[/quote]

Cometh the hour I expect him to be back in the treatment room!
  • right odds on how long cory will last

0-15 evens

15-30 2-1

30- 45 5-1

45-60 7-1

60-75-10-1

75 90-no fecking chance
  • I'll have a have a tenner on him getting injured pulling his socks up getting changed before the game
  • i will give you 12-1

all proceeds to the bishops dirty finger fund eh mcs
  • that's our side when we fail to gain promotion next season.

gibbs first team appearance before the end of the season?
  • I just hope this time he has a bit of luck.

We have had too many good players lost to injury/illness Rufus,Mendonca,Hunt and Matty Holmes come to mind.

It must be absolutely miserable as a professional to have had the sequence of injuries he has had. Its not been one recurring injury where we might call into question the logic of signing a player in the first place.

So I do not want to start a ruck but given there is a chance that Cory might be reading some of this I wish him all the best and hope he now has the opportunity to prove his ability in an injury free spell.
  • yep especially as his contract is up at the end of the season i believe. i for one was intrested in seeing what the lad can do
  • he get's the winner in the play off final at wembley in the 90th minute let's hope it's not an own goal!!
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he get's the winner in the play off final at wembley in the 90th minute let's hope it's not an own goal!!

I think he could do a Rufus. One of my favourite footy moments.
  • Looked useful at Welling ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes good luck Corey mate. Who knows, we may even have to get the old Eddie Youdes song out and dust it off. :)
  • [cite]Posted By: Tel-in-Oz[/cite]Looked useful at Welling ;-)
    So did Dickson