Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall vs Charlton | Friday 3rd April 2015 | 3pm | Match Preview, Teams, Predictions, News & Views

1235»

Comments

• Here we go again, down the rotten tool box. Whatever the result I so hope we are not playing them next season. I have such a bad feeling about this game and would take a draw right now. No such luck, some terrible errors from Johnson and a sending off for....hmm..Cousins and we end up locked in for an hour again. Millwall to win 3-0...yuk.
  • I'm desperate for us to win but I would be very happy to draw because a point isn't much use to them.

I still predict a 2 - 1 defeat.
  • Bit sceptical that TBH has picked up any serious injury to make him miss the game.

Johnson/Gomez will be enough to see we don't lose tomorrow!
  • Just had a thought that tomorrow will be the Christophe Lepoint day. You never know.
  • Definitely a 3pm kick off?
  • Tell Guy yer Spanners are secret Palestine lovers.
    We should then win 5 - 0, with a few histrionics on the way from our Israeli maestro.
  • 1 - 13. Easy. COYA
  • ross1 said:

Luzon confirmed that fellow Israeli Tal Ben Haim will miss the game after straining his hamstring while representing his country this week.

Johnnie Jackson (leg) and Callum Harriott (ankle) are also unavailable for selection, while Rhoys Wiggins will be assessed late on.

Igor Vetokele has shaken off his recent Achilles problem and is available, while the likes of Johann Berg Gudmundsson and Joe Gomez have returned from international service fit for Addicks duty.

It looks like Johnson and Gomez at the back

Ben Haim was one of Israel's best players in the two games during the break, really put in a couple good shifts, so personally I would have rested him anyway. Bit surprised that Wiggins could returm
  • As usual, we won't have enough fight to beat them and as we are live on telly (Ok, a beamback) a draw would be a good result for us.

I just walked past Igor Vetokele at Chislehurst station. He looked cool as fuck.

Is he fit for tomorrow though?
    probably in rehab by now
  • Definitely a 3pm kick off?

• Sponsored links:

• I was there in the snow!
    I was there when Hendrie scored!
    Come on Charlton, kick start my Easter holiday with the next overdue win against that lot!
    COYRS
  • edited April 2015
    Today's the day we hunt

Today's the day we kill

Today's the day we slay

Today's the day the blue lion is put down, laid to rest, driven to extinction and wiped from the earth by the mighty sword of The Addicks!

in reality a draw would suffice as long as we score a goal
  • It's derby day !!
  • Lets hope it snows :-)

Hill street blues style, be careful out there!
  • Wiggins won't get the nod other Fox. Great for competition.
  • 1-3 away win.
  • Don't mind admitting it. In the context of this season, this is our cup final.
  • Anyone know a radio stream that will work in Oz?

Come on Charlton. Come on.
  • Lets just hope the ground is not so wet good football is out of the question, but we did it at Blackpool on their pitch, so should be OK
  • Any news on a potential stream?
  • Sponsored links:

• We must have strong leadership on the field, and CS doesn't offer this IMO.

I would like to see Jacko start and get us through the first 75 mins, taking our attacking game to them - then whatever the situation, park the bus for the last 15 - because:

We don't want to give away a lead
    We don't mind a draw
    We don't want a repeat of that 4-0 game.

Could be one of the worst posts I've ever read! Disagree with it all!
    Not sure how it becomes "one of the worst posts I've ever read" just because you disagree with it.

But hey-ho, opinions are like noses - everybody has one :smile:
  • Millwall vs Charlton Athletic
    3pm Kick-Off
    Referee – MICK RUSSELL

INTRODUCTION

Oh no, not another Millwall thread!

But, could this be the moment?

After 19 years without victory against local rivals Millwall, can Guy Luzon be the first manager since Alan Curbishley to guide the Addicks to a win against “them lot”?

Just to put it into perspective, there have only been two victories over Millwall in my lifetime (20 years- just to make some of you feel old).

However, things could finally change. Millwall seem to be heading down towards League One and a defeat against Charlton could see them ten points adrift of safety.

Although, they shall now be hoping that interim-boss Neil Harris can install some sort of pride and try and ignite a ‘great escape’.

Meanwhile, Luzon’s side are confident that a form guide which reads one defeat in six, can motivate them to a Good Friday in Bermondsey.

THE OPPOSITION

The Lions’ roar has been more like a kitten’s whimper this campaign, with Millwall struggling throughout the season.

Ian Holloway was eventually sacked earlier in the month, but it had been a long-time coming for the ex-Palace boss, who could not lead Millwall out of the relegation zone and higher in the table.

With Harris now in charge, Lions’ fans will be hoping that results start to pick up, especially as the club have not won since mid-February.

In their last fixture, Millwall threw away a two-goal lead against Brentford, with Moses Odubajo scoring a last-minute equaliser for the Bees. However, Harris’ side will be optimistic that a returning ex-Addick Nicky Bailey can add some much-needed steel to their midfield.

The hosts will be without Diego Fabbrini after Watford ended his loan spell at the club early, so he could join Birmingham instead.

ONE TO WATCH

My player to watch this week is: Jimmy Abdou.

While the Comoros international may not be an eye-catching player, he certainly is someone who gives his all for the side, making him a popular figure at the New Den.

Abdou likes to put himself about in midfield and has previous history with the Addicks after being sent-off in the 4-4 thriller in 2009.

The versatile ex-Plymouth ace has played over 300 games for the Lions but has only found the net on six occasions. He will be hoping to add to that short tally on Friday.

LINE-UP

If my judgements are correct, then Luzon will be without Yoni Buyens who has picked up ten yellow cards so far this season.

In his absence, Johnnie Jackson could return to the starting eleven following over a month out through injury although Alou Diarra will also be in with a shout.

Stephen Henderson, Chris Solly and Morgan Fox are all pretty much certain to start, but Joe Gomez will be competing with the more experienced Roger Johnson and Tal Ben Haim for a starting place.

Johann Berg Gudmundsson will be hoping to add another screamer to his collection, while Jordan Cousins and Frederic Bulot are likely to start.

Upfront, Igor Vetokele should be fit enough to start alongside Tony Watt.

………………………..Henderson………………….

Solly………....Gomez……………Johnson…….Fox

JBG…………...Cousins……….....Jackson……Bulot

.....................Watt..................Vetokele........

PREDICTION

Call me crazy, but I am going for a Charlton win, here.

Millwall 0-1 Charlton Athletic

You're crazy.
  • Fuck em ,hate em , they wind me up no end ......and don't get me started on millwall

As long as the scum end up down I can live with any result

The filth of society migrate there , well fuck off away from me and my life you schlaaags

Are you Steve McClaren in disguise?
  • 2-0 to them. Jackson lasts 29 minutes but goes off injured with Watt sent off.
  • all ye who enter the Lions' den .. good luck .. all ye who come out alive ... give thanks to the lord for your deliverance ((:>)
  • Team: Henderson Solly Gomez Johnson Fox Gudmondsson Diarra Cousins Eagles Igor Watt
  • That looks decent to me
  • Lose to a late goal; player sent off. Standard.

Hate to say I told you so, but....