Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

At last

I have just read on the OS

"We have a responsibility to all those fans who travelled up to Blackpool to bounce back strongly.

"I have to take some responsibility myself. We went to Spain for a week prior to the game to re-energise, and maybe we got that wrong.

Maybe I also got the selection wrong. But we're all in the dock, and my responsibility now is to make sure it doesn't happen again, so I'm hoping we put in a better performance on Saturday.

Now the main topic of debate on Saturday was what excuses will Pards come up with this time.

I personally feel that he has said all the right things he has publicly berrated the team he has highlighted the back 4 for a fair bit of the performance and now he has admitted that he made some fundemental mistakes as well.

So AT Last we have all got what we wanted ,

I wanted the players lambasted i wanted it after Scunny as i believe that game showed no Heart or effort but he protected them after blackpool i wanted it again he did it.

most of those who dont like pards wanted him to not be so arrogant and except responsibility he has now done this.

can we all just be together now .

heres hoping for 3 points

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Unfortunately the stupid prat has decided to talk about West Ham again. Why bother?:

"This team is as good as the West Ham United team that I took up, but the difference is that that team had the character and the spirit to come together when disappointments arose."

Another jab to the kidneys.
  • some1 at the club obviously reads the boards and realizes how pissed off every1 is with his sh*t excuses and not taking responsibility, cause this isnt what he said after the match is it? dont get me wrong i think hes the best manager we can hope for at the moment but i wish he just grew some balls and took responsibility himself instead of blaming individual players publicly, by all means do it in private, but to blame halford in public when he knows hes low on confidence in fu*king ridiculous.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Unfortunately the stupid prat has decided to talk about West Ham again

he's a curbs wannabe
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    Well he'd much rather be there (west ham) than here oohahh. Sorry, don't know why i'm in a bitter mood about him this morning.
  • he's as good is available at the moment imo ... i just wish chris coleman hadn't been snapped up by coventry so quickly;-)
  • I know that ooh ahh and i believe he is a decent manager - not too sure as a person though! Needs to choose his words more carefully - he should know that things can be read a bit differently than when heard.
  • I think the West Ham comment is a fair one, he's been there and done it with them, and it's a comparison, not a dig.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2008
    It may well be Rothers but it can just get read in a different light. I took that as "things were better at West Ham" when we were in this league.

It's like your current girlfriend going "the sex is ok with you but my last boyfriend used to last an extra 30 minutes". ;-)
  • only if we don't go up! if we go up, then it'll be irrelevant anyway!
  • 30 minutes you're winding me up WSS that's a lifetimes worth!!
  • Sponsored links:

• If we got Chris Coleman he is more palace than Pards surely it would just be another thing to throw at them when it goes wrong and it would go wrong for a period in the season it always does
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Unfortunately the stupid prat has decided to talk about West Ham again. Why bother?:

"This team is as good as the West Ham United team that I took up, but the difference is that that team had the character and the spirit to come together when disappointments arose."

Another jab to the kidneys.

Maybe, but his parties are different gravy
  • Last year NO ONE moaned about the team goin to Spain, is that because they arrived home and smashed West Ham 4 - 0??

Still, it's nice to see Pards admitting he fucked up.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he's as good is available at the moment imo ... i just wish chris coleman hadn't been snapped up by coventry so quickly;-)

he's mustard.
  • I just don`t get all the knocking that Pards gets on here. He has a good track record and we were actually very damned lucky to get him when we did. In spite of what other managers and the media say. This Charlton team is not one that was playing football in the Prem last year in fact a good many of them didn`t even know each other last year ! What do we really expect this season ? We certainly don`t have a god given right to be promoted. The team is still learning and evolving and IMHO they ain`t done too bad in being top six all season. Next year will be the year we can really judge Pardew unless of course we do get promoted in which case its a totally different kettle of fish. We all moaned about the stagnant football we watched under the last couple of seasons wirh Curbs and I can`t be alone in thinking that Pardew does like his teams to be attacking. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. Its supposed to be fun watching your team FFS
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I just don`t get all the knocking that Pards gets on here. He has a good track record and we were actually very damned lucky to get him when we did. In spite of what other managers and the media say. This Charlton team is not one that was playing football in the Prem last year in fact a good many of them didn`t even know each other last year ! What do we really expect this season ? We certainly don`t have a god given right to be promoted. The team is still learning and evolving and IMHO they ain`t done too bad in being top six all season. Next year will be the year we can really judge Pardew unless of course we do get promoted in which case its a totally different kettle of fish. We all moaned about the stagnant football we watched under the last couple of seasons wirh Curbs and I can`t be alone in thinking that Pardew does like his teams to be attacking. Lighten up and enjoy the ride. Its supposed to be fun watching your team FFS

Great post and spot on !
  • Shooters & Eltham fair comment & Whilst I would agree with the point on the Style of Football has improved markedly under Pardew compared with Curbs/Reed/Dowie, for every Palace or Stoke performance there has been a Scunny or Blackpool one farely close after. Some of the performances have actually been disgraceful (QPR, Burnley, Plymouth). Yet depite this Pardew gets great backing from the fans including me, it's only fair & balanced that people can have a pop occasionally though, I was embarrassed watching that last week & I'm sure I was not alone.
  • Yeah I must admit I've seen some shite this season, but I've enjoyed it alot more than ever in a strange sort of way.....and to be fair I sometimes wonder who people think is out there (and available) who could do a better job than Pards has done ?
  • Just to be clear, i was never saying "Pards Out" as that is absolutely ludicrous.

But some of the comments that he comes out with are equally ludicrous and really do make me (and others i think) scratch out heads and think "why on Earth has he said that?".
  • I do take your point Ketman but what you have just described is inconsistency ! inconsistency is I believe a sign that a team doesn`t really know each other. Its no suprise that settled sides tend to turn out steady performances week in week out. Charlton this season just hav`nt had the luxury of a settled team. Add to that the fact that a lot of our players are new to the country and perhaps standard of football in the Championship and what do you expect. I am confident that the ability of the squad Pardew has asembled is excellent and when they settle down on all levels we will see exiting and quality football. I tend to agree that in many respects promotion this season might actually be a bad thing for us. Next season in the Championship I think Charlton will be a lot stronger.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that and my post wasn't a dig at you or anyone in particular, I just get the feeling some people won't be happy till he's gone...which is just plain ridiculous !

WSS - I do actually agree with your comment regarding some of his comments.
  • I am fully behind the Pards In Campaign i do not see how you can judge anyone on how they are performing after 12-15months with a new team in a new league especially as we have been no lower than 6th for the majority of the year.

Keep the faith people great post Shooters
  • Yep we are consistently inconsistent I'd agree with that.

I just wish he'd get on with the football & stop making dumb comments about things like support. He gets the best Vocal backing of all the Managers I've watched Charlton under since Lennie, but he cannot help himself to the odd sly dig. Sort it out Pards :-)
  • I think lots of the issues we have with Pardews comments come from all the years of listening to Alan Curbishley. Alan was never one to use two words when one would do and consequently often said nothing to get exited about. Pardew is much more verbose and consequently is more likely to say things " off the cuff " and upset one or two of us. Just thank god thats Pards is not as off the cuff as Neil Warnock 1
  • Ketman, you can't deny our support is shite. You probably get a god damn awful view of the support the team really gets.

Yes, where you sit it can be very, very loud, move 3-4 blocks across and the volume is tiny in comparison, so just imagine what it's like on the pitch. I have a 2 people sit near me who NEVER sing, yet boo as loudy as their lungs will allow afte any bad performance.

I can't knock Pards for anything, no he probably doesnt know his best team, who would after this short amount of time. Yes he has bough some right old cack, that's just how he rolls, buys 6-7 players in the hope 3-4 are good enough.
  • Whos the right old cack then ?
  • I agree fully with your sentiments SHG.

However, my slight disappointment was that due to the amount of changes, it was fairly perceived that we would expect our side to get better as the season progresses. You mention evolving, and that is a very good point to make.

Two months ago we were second, but not playing that great. The indications were that as this side settled further, it would improve. It has been seen in instances, but by looking at results, we have take a backward step when a forward one was anticipated. We are all still very unsure of what our best 11 is for example.

That to me has been the disappointing factor, though there is plenty of time for it all to change around still.
  • I do see how we can ever gain some consistancy when no one ever knows what the team is going to be from one week to the next, I'm sure plenty of Liverpool supporters will tell you then same.
    Obviously suspensions and injuries haven't helped but no one is sure what formation we'll be playing on Saturday let alone what the team will be.
  • See where you are coming from AFKA. I have been very disapointed at times. Just when you think we have turned the corner it all goes tits up again. Exiting tho innit ? ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]I agree fully with your sentiments SHG.

However, my slight disappointment was that due to the amount of changes, it was fairly perceived that we would expect our side to get better as the season progresses. You mention evolving, and that is a very good point to make.

Two months ago we were second, but not playing that great. The indications were that as this side settled further, it would improve. It has been seen in instances, but by looking at results, we have take a backward step when a forward one was anticipated. We are all still very unsure of what our best 11 is for example.

That to me has been the disappointing factor, though there is plenty of time for it all to change around still.

I'm with AFKA on this one. The "settled side" argument worked for the first couple of months but to get to this stage of the season and still be so hit and miss is very frustrating.

Selling your best player and captain probably doesn't help, but that another argument.

Have to agree though SHG, it's never dull......