Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bournemouth is our cup final

When what should have been a nothing match for us it's starting to dawn in me that the prospect of a partying horde from the south coast descending upon the valley for the last match of the season is probably going to motivate the charlton players and fans big time... It's going to be Leicester all over again but this time we're not going to be outnumbered four or five to one at our own home game...same result though...

Comments

• Remember Leicester having their cup final at Upton Park. Hope we get the same result.
  • The way things are at the top of this Division, there will be four teams that could be promoted therefore if we are up for it, should be a cracking atmosphere. Miss it at your peril.
  • sorry, but I suspect I will be the usual Charlton "roll over, tickle my tummy & we'll let you off with an easy 0-3 stroll" .

More worrying is that if B'mouth do get auto promotion and start a pitch invasion will that stop or hinder any lap of honour that we may have planned for our team. I'm not too fussed if B'mouth g up of not - they have played some good stuff this season but are no-where near being a Premiership team - but what would be nice is maybe a joint "walk around the pitch" so all fans can clap their team efforts for the season.
  • One to be up for to take the wind out of their sails
  • Bournemouth is a comfortable away journey to the south coast and its one of those games that make a positive contribution to our away support statistics...we should everything possible to make sure they do not get promoted
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be well up for it.
  • I'm with golfie on this.Its tummy tickle time. We wont get out of 2nd gear and AFC will win 2-0.
    And a nice round of applause as they raise the trophy at The Valley.
  • edited April 2015

Bournemouth is a comfortable away journey to the south coast and its one of those games that make a positive contribution to our away support statistics...we should everything possible to make sure they do not get promoted

Would miss my Breakfast in the park, and this season because i didn't drive, a drink in the wetherspoons. Should always be in August or the last game in May.
    Was lovely warm weather at the beginning of last season when Yann scored a cracker; only problem was Grabban scored two crackers.

• Our cup finals are usually actual cup finals.

Point taken

Cup final, singular.

Yeah? I don't see you in our cup final this year, the Kent Cup :smiley:
  • vffvff
    edited April 2015
    Not a cup final against Bournemouth, that is a bit weird heading for the thread. I don't have strong feelings about who gets automatically promoted to the Premiership. Interesting to have an impact on that though.

Watford getting promoted may encourage Duchatelet to support a similar push, as Watford is another network club. They play attractive football and score lots of goals so that is good for football.

Bournemouth have scored lots of goals but I think they are rolling a horse and cart through FFP ? If that is the case, I would not like that to be rewarded. No real strong feelings about the club other than that.

Middlesborough is a pretty grim place to live, and I don't begrudge them promotion, though, if they don't get promoted, they may have to trim costs due to running out of parachute payments, which may be better for Charlton next season.

Some Norwich supporters have been a bit up themselves in the past, and so probably not them. It was enjoyable helping to relegate Norwich on the last game of the season when Charlton beat them when heading to League One in the 2008/09 season.

(Deon Burton scored a hattrick that day and his 3 year old boy determinedly took 2 attempts to score a goal in the penalty area (like father like son)).

It will be interesting to see Kermogant again, though it is no sure fire thing that he will play. It is more likely that KMG will be on the subs bench. (If they did get promoted, it is not certain that his services would be retained). I have though had enough of celebrating away supporters in the away end after a victory. So if Charlton could beat Bournemouth, and they got promoted, I could live with that. It may be good to see that and if Duchatelet supports a push for the Premiership next season, it may be good practise for Charlton next season.

Interesting last game of the season though. Lets hope the weather is warm and sunny.
  • Should be over 20,000 for this one
  • One to be up for to take the wind out of their sails

Welcome to the board.

Enjoy the JPT next season
  • Sponsored links:

• E-cafc said:

Should be over 20,000 for this one

With no walk up on the day I would imagine it will fall short
  • I'm with golfie on this.Its tummy tickle time. We wont get out of 2nd gear and AFC will win 2-0.
    And a nice round of applause as they raise the trophy at The Valley.

Bournemouth have screwed the trophy. Watford 95% certain to nab it now
  • Kap10 said:

E-cafc said:

Kap10 said:

E-cafc said:

Why no walk up on the day kap?

Cup final, singular.
    In recent history we've had two actual cup finals. Plus a couple of semi finals and a couple of play off finals which have all felt like cup finals.

• Kap10 said:

Our cup finals are usually actual cup finals.

Football snob. One of my best Millwall experiences ever was watching us play at the old Wembley before it was redeveloped in 1999 in the JPT final.
  • Kap10 said:

Football snob. One of my best Millwall experiences ever was watching us play at the old Wembley before it was redeveloped in 1999 in the JPT final.
    You lost
  • Lived in Cairo then, back on holiday, London Marathon day, caught up with my old mates in The One Bell, how we laughed
  • Kap10 said:

You lost
    I think you missed the point mate.

• Lived in Cairo then, back on holiday, London Marathon day, caught up with my old mates in The One Bell, how we laughed

So even back then you best football experiences didn't come from watching charlton but seeing others fail ;-)
  • edited April 2015
    Nothing like any of my best footballing experiences, just a good laugh ? I remember it cos I was having a great holiday, Trafalgar rd was great that morning, loads of yours setting off, Blues brothers, pubs packed